Giving Alms For Lent Maybe? Expansion of OLOG Monastery Needs Your Help

Started by dymphna17, February 17, 2018, 09:44:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

dymphna17

I received this in my e-mail yesterday and thought some of you might be interested.  If nothing else, send a prayer their way.   :) :pray3:

QuoteFrom a friend and to benefit Fr. Cyprian's monks:

=======
After many prayers, a construction worker was finally found who is able to work full-time and get the critically-needed and long-stalled monastery expansion project going!

The monks are not able to all fit into the monastery, and some even had to stay in tents in the woods last week. In two weeks, look at the progress made on expanding the refectory and kitchen, and adding kitchen storage and bathrooms. (Before and After Photos)

Please help! Rebar purchase was $15,000 last week!
http://www.ourladyofguadalupemonastery.com/donate.html
?
I adore Thee O Christ, and I bless Thee, because by Thy holy cross Thou hast redeemed the world!

Jesus, Mary, and Joseph save souls!

Of course I wear jeans, "The tornadoes can make dresses immodest." RSC

"Don't waste time in your life trying to get even with your enemies. The grave is a tremendous equalizer. Six weeks after you all are dead, you'll look pretty much the same. Let the Lord take care of those whom you think have harmed you. All you have to do is love and forgive. Try to forget and leave all else to the Master."– Mother Angelica

Elizabeth

I love them so much.  They visit DC often, and our city is truly better off, safer for their holy influence. Praying to be able to visit them one day!  Another way to support them is buying their powerful St. benedict Medals,  (asking for them to bless them).

Lynne

In conclusion, I can leave you with no better advice than that given after every sermon by Msgr Vincent Giammarino, who was pastor of St Michael's Church in Atlantic City in the 1950s:

"My dear good people: Do what you have to do, When you're supposed to do it, The best way you can do it,   For the Love of God. Amen"