android app creation

Started by voxxpopulisuxx, December 28, 2013, 04:11:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

voxxpopulisuxx

Is there any easy way to do this...a template program or something? Or can only uber code monkeys handle it.
Lord Jesus Christ Most High Son of God have Mercy On Me a Sinner (Jesus Prayer)

"You can never cross the ocean until you have the courage to lose sight of the shore." – Christopher Columbus
911!
"Let my name stand among those who are willing to bear ridicule and reproach for the truth's sake, and so earn some right to rejoice when the victory is won. "— Louisa May Alcott

"From man's sweat and God's love, beer came into the world."St. Arnold (580-640)

Geocentrism holds no possible atheistic downside.

tradne4163

Quote from: voxxpopulisuxx on December 28, 2013, 04:11:14 PM
Is there any easy way to do this...a template program or something? Or can only uber code monkeys handle it.
From what I know, Android OSs are similer to Linux, so one would probably need to have a decent knowledge about working with code.
Jesus Christ, Son of God, have mercy on me, a sinner.

Take any post I write with a grain of salt. I've been wrong before, and can be again

moneil

I'm not sure what you need here, but if you need an application to collect and retreive data, and that can make calculations with that data HanDBase might work for you.  It is a database that you can format (easily) to do what you want.

A companion desktop program is available for either PC or Mac which can synchronize with the handheld unit (rare in the Android world, though it was very common back in the Palm OS days).  It is a small company but has been arond since Palm days.  Support is excellent and they have a really good online support forum.  There are also hundreds of pre formatted databases that can be downloaded for free (and customized if wanted).

http://www.ddhsoftware.com

voxxpopulisuxx

The reason I asked is my youngest son and I think we have a good Idea for a game.

"You can never cross the ocean until you have the courage to lose sight of the shore." – Christopher Columbus
911!
"Let my name stand among those who are willing to bear ridicule and reproach for the truth's sake, and so earn some right to rejoice when the victory is won. "— Louisa May Alcott

"From man's sweat and God's love, beer came into the world."St. Arnold (580-640)

james03

No easy way.  I believe you are in an area with a lot of universities.  Google "Java Users Group".  They can program android apps.  They generally have a meeting once a month.  Go to a meeting and they can help you with it.  Probably they'll do most of it.
"But he that doth not believe, is already judged: because he believeth not in the name of the only begotten Son of God (Jn 3:18)."

"All sorrow leads to the foot of the Cross.  Weep for your sins."

"Although He should kill me, I will trust in Him"

voxxpopulisuxx

Quote from: james03 on December 29, 2013, 10:25:20 AM
No easy way.  I believe you are in an area with a lot of universities.  Google "Java Users Group".  They can program android apps.  They generally have a meeting once a month.  Go to a meeting and they can help you with it.  Probably they'll do most of it.
Good advice james ...sent an email request to a philly group i found.

911!

Daniel

If it's for a game (or even if it's not for a game) then I'd recommend GameMaker Studio.  But it's a little expensive (to export to Android you will need either Master edition (about $800) or Professional edition+Android module (which comes to about $300 total)).

You do need to know a little programming but the language is very easy to learn.  I have never used the Android export though, so I'm not sure how much of a hassle it is to actually get your app onto the mobile device and all that.  Also, I don't think it has support for the camera or microphone.

Mr.Crowley

If you know Java then you're good to go. The Android SDK seems easy enough to navigate, but I've never gotten round to trying anything -because it's still too daunting for me.

there's a great language called Processing that is quite simple and easy to use. It has great documentation. You can see immediately what it is you're doing. You can develop for Android using Processing.

You might be able to use chunks of other people's code, providing it's free.

Mr.Crowley

Oh, and if you're interested in Windows, take a look at Microsoft Project Sienna ;)

Daniel

If you've got the idea but don't want to program it yourself, I could try programming it for you.  I'll do it for free (I'm a game design student and I need some projects to work on for my portfolio anyway).  Let me know if you're interested.

Archer

Quote from: Daniel on January 10, 2014, 08:36:40 AM
If you've got the idea but don't want to program it yourself, I could try programming it for you.  I'll do it for free (I'm a game design student and I need some projects to work on for my portfolio anyway).  Let me know if you're interested.

Now that's a solid offer. 
"All the good works in the world are not equal to the Holy Sacrifice of the Mass because they are the works of men; but the Mass is the work of God. Martyrdom is nothing in comparison for it is but the sacrifice of man to God; but the Mass is the sacrifice of God for man." - St. John Vianney

voxxpopulisuxx

Quote from: Archer on January 10, 2014, 03:28:29 PM
Quote from: Daniel on January 10, 2014, 08:36:40 AM

Now that's a solid offer.
Yes absolutely!

911!