Guman Shoots Up Market

Started by Heinrich, May 14, 2022, 08:10:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Julio

Quote from: drummerboy on May 17, 2022, 10:40:55 PM

An interesting side-note to this: when the Free French Forces came under American command, the French were forced to separate their black African colonial troops from all combat units, many of whom had proven their loyalty and effectiveness previously.  The Free French lost some of their best infantry due to American command forcing "Jim Crow" on the French.
You will find in history that when the British Empire became the sea power, the former Dutch colonies like South Africa and the French former colonies like French India and those territories of the French in China were taken by Britain. Not the large colonies of Spain and that was because of the cooperation of the natives to their former colonial masters every time the Protestants would try to invade them. The French and Portuguese were Catholics too but they were not like Spain in championing Catholicism and implementing the ways of the Catholics in their colonial possessions.

Worshipping Jesus in the same Church because all are equal before Him, was huge impact for the natives during the colonial time that Spain fostered to their colonial subjects.

drummerboy

Quote from: Julio on May 18, 2022, 12:28:35 AM
Quote from: drummerboy on May 17, 2022, 10:40:55 PM

An interesting side-note to this: when the Free French Forces came under American command, the French were forced to separate their black African colonial troops from all combat units, many of whom had proven their loyalty and effectiveness previously.  The Free French lost some of their best infantry due to American command forcing "Jim Crow" on the French.
You will find in history that when the British Empire became the sea power, the former Dutch colonies like South Africa and the French former colonies like French India and those territories of the French in China were taken by Britain. Not the large colonies of Spain and that was because of the cooperation of the natives to their former colonial masters every time the Protestants would try to invade them. The French and Portuguese were Catholics too but they were not like Spain in championing Catholicism and implementing the ways of the Catholics in their colonial possessions.

Worshipping Jesus in the same Church because all are equal before Him, was huge impact for the natives during the colonial time that Spain fostered to their colonial subjects.

And I would add, to your 2 previous posts, the phenomenon in "New Spain" but also "New France," of the Europeans intermarrying with the natives. This just didn't happen in protestant America
- I'll get with the times when the times are worth getting with

"I like grumpy old cusses.  Hope to live long enough to be one" - John Wayne

Julio

^^Yes, that is right and this "critical race theory" and "woke" movements that are leftist by nature is the consequence of that "institutional racism" that the Protestants implemented. How can a Filipino claim in 1950 U.S.A. that he is living in the land of the free when he is not provided with rights that belong exclusively to the WASP. Even, the American Catholics who are European decent suffered severely from that Protestant laws that were anchored to prejudice those who do not belong to their own kind. This is exactly the reason, issues regarding Floyd and other forms of violent crimes against African decent American such as the subject matter of this thread are treated with extreme reaction because there was historical truth of the extreme prejudice against them. The modern laws today cannot provide an immediate cure for the sufferings and pains that happened in the past.

My take on that fact of French policies in their former colonies is that, they were not as ardent like the Spaniards in implementing Catholicism in their occupied territories. But yes, as Catholics, like the Portuguese they engaged in intermarriage with the natives which was never true among English and Dutch former colonies that were ruled in keeping with the Protestant perspective.

BlueInGreen

Quote from: Julio on May 17, 2022, 02:16:27 PM
Quote from: BlueInGreen on May 16, 2022, 09:51:14 PM
Quote from: Julio on May 15, 2022, 05:15:12 PM

This errors of the Protestants of institutionalizing racism in the U.S. territories shall continue to haunt the public today. The godlessness of the governments in the world today supports the works of the demonic. Catholics must have discernment and will to object against that.

bold: What examples can be given?
Schools for colored or white only. Interracial marriage prohibition. Separation of African military regiment from European decent regimen during WWII. Just remember that these kinds of institutional racial discrimination like the separation of students on the basis of the color or their skin was outlawed only in 1968 by way of the case of, Green et. al. v. County School Board of New Kent County (Virginia) that reversed the decision of the Virginia Court of Appeals that supported separate schools for whites and blacks

It is just more that 50 years that such kind of racial discrimination used to be an institution in the US that has Protestant roots in it. You don't find that kind of society that separates the whites from the colored in the colonies of Catholic Spain.

But is that directly linked to Protestantism?
Cradle Catholic traversing modernism while rediscovering my heritage - in faith and ethnically.

BlueInGreen

Quote from: Julio on May 18, 2022, 11:14:03 PM
This is exactly the reason, issues regarding Floyd and other forms of violent crimes against African decent American such as the subject matter of this thread are treated with extreme reaction because there was historical truth of the extreme prejudice against them. The modern laws today cannot provide an immediate cure for the sufferings and pains that happened in the past.

But Floyd's death was ironically a reaction to perceived discrimination - not actual discrimination based on his race. There are other incidents where the exact same knee-on-neck happened to white men but that never gained national or international attention.

I sense you are not American. I am - of Filipino descent, second generation. Oddly, what you have written in your posts are facts about the US, but they lack the sociological accuracy that's needed to properly interpret them. Tracing events online is one thing; understanding it fully besides initial reactions and what the MSM tells you to believe is another.
Cradle Catholic traversing modernism while rediscovering my heritage - in faith and ethnically.

Julio

Quote from: BlueInGreen on May 20, 2022, 08:02:48 PM

Here is among the articles about racism and Protestantism in the U.S. and the pertinent portion of which is hereto quoted:

QuoteThe supposed superiority of white Protestantism, supported by interpretations of biblical texts, was for centuries used to justify the institution of slavery.

Biblical texts were also used to justify segregation and Jim Crow. Even the Ku Klux Klan rooted their ideology of white supremacy in Protestant theology and the Bible.

In the reasoning of many white Protestants, white dominance was not the consequence of a political and economic arrangement, but the will of God – the way things are supposed to be. As Kelly Baker, author of "The Gospel According to the Klan," states: "Even liberal Protestant churches supported white supremacy. That seemed the natural order of things. Just as people used biblical texts to support slavery."
https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/retropolis/wp/2018/04/08/the-preacher-who-used-christianity-to-revive-the-ku-klux-klan/

Julio

Quote from: BlueInGreen on May 20, 2022, 08:09:48 PM
Quote from: Julio on May 18, 2022, 11:14:03 PM
This is exactly the reason, issues regarding Floyd and other forms of violent crimes against African decent American such as the subject matter of this thread are treated with extreme reaction because there was historical truth of the extreme prejudice against them. The modern laws today cannot provide an immediate cure for the sufferings and pains that happened in the past.

But Floyd's death was ironically a reaction to perceived discrimination - not actual discrimination based on his race. There are other incidents where the exact same knee-on-neck happened to white men but that never gained national or international attention.

I sense you are not American. I am - of Filipino descent, second generation. Oddly, what you have written in your posts are facts about the US, but they lack the sociological accuracy that's needed to properly interpret them. Tracing events online is one thing; understanding it fully besides initial reactions and what the MSM tells you to believe is another.
You are right that I am not an American. But it was fact that the white and the blacks were segregated in the U.S. It happened until 1968 until such time that the jurisprudence I cited was promulgated by the Supreme Court of the U.S. that declared those institutionalized racist laws unconstitutional or illegal. It is not so difficult to understand why on earth racism is such a serious issue among the Anglophone world where racism was the way of life of the people even after WW2, due to Protestantism.

Yes, I know that Floyd thing happened to other people belonging to different ethnicity, and I am not at all sympathizing to the "black lives matter,? comics in the airwaves and the internet. My point is, that is being hyped in the U.S. because there was fact of racism. I know that people die because of police brutality and a man with a metal in his waist creates that "cowboy," dude complex sometimes, and that is likewise true even here in the Philippines. But why is the Floyd situation has become the media craze in the West? That is because "institutionalized racism" was the fact of life among the colored people in those Protestant territories.

As I've stated, racism issues are not huge concerns in former colonies of Spain because Catholics who are white, black, or whatever color the skin must be in the same Church. You don't do that during colonial U.S. of A. One must be separated from a WASP because skin color was seen to be a fact of inferiority, even in the supposed place of worship to the same God, and this truth happened during the colonial era and even after WW2.How can that basic fact be not understood by anyone? 

BlueInGreen

Quote from: Julio on May 20, 2022, 09:31:55 PM
Quote from: BlueInGreen on May 20, 2022, 08:02:48 PM

Here is among the articles about racism and Protestantism in the U.S. and the pertinent portion of which is hereto quoted:

QuoteThe supposed superiority of white Protestantism, supported by interpretations of biblical texts, was for centuries used to justify the institution of slavery.

Biblical texts were also used to justify segregation and Jim Crow. Even the Ku Klux Klan rooted their ideology of white supremacy in Protestant theology and the Bible.

In the reasoning of many white Protestants, white dominance was not the consequence of a political and economic arrangement, but the will of God – the way things are supposed to be. As Kelly Baker, author of "The Gospel According to the Klan," states: "Even liberal Protestant churches supported white supremacy. That seemed the natural order of things. Just as people used biblical texts to support slavery."
https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/retropolis/wp/2018/04/08/the-preacher-who-used-christianity-to-revive-the-ku-klux-klan/

That article does a very bad job in linking Protestantism, which is quite a vague term since it's an umbrella term for X, Y and Z denominations, with the formation of the KKK. What it does point out is that men - white men - used their positions as Christians to justify their racism. It's like saying nationalism leads to world wars. The connection is specious at best.

Julio

^^Yes, and in fairness over your predicament, I deem it right to provide a well studied reference regarding Protestant theology that predetermines the fate of the people. Much as this is not in the U.S. but the Protestantism of Anglophone is the same brand that created this corrupted treatment against the non-white people in their colonial possessions, and here it is:

"The DRC mission churches were actually segregated congregations within the Dutch
Reformed family of churches in South Africa based on skin color and language.
Pauw contends
that although, at first, the notion that black and Coloured people should worship separately from
white people was seen as contrary to Christian principle, the DRC church polity changed in favor
of segregation as Afrikaner identification increased. Until the mid-nineteenth century, the
church?s official polity was to allow all members, regardless of their race or ethnicity, to worship
together in the same building. The synod of 1857 officially sanctioned segregation policies. The
church formally subjected black and Coloured congregants to separate Christian teaching
facilities known as a gesticht or ?separate building.?
[/b] Ministry to black and Coloured members
fell under the expertise of white DRC missionaries. Hence, the gestichte eventually became
known as the DRC ?mission churches.?

xxxxx

"Furthermore, Pauw states that Afrikaners began to give more importance to what he calls
?natural theology.? Instead of interpreting scripture in terms of biblical revelation, Afrikaner
Christians chose to view and interpret scripture through their own ?history, culture, nature, and /
or rationality.? They selected texts which justified their reasoning to separate the races. The DRC
pointed to Galatians 4:2, which supported their argument that Afrikaners should rule over other
races.
They also added that those races would profit from this dominance." (Emphasis supplied)

https://stars.library.ucf.edu/cgi/viewcontent.cgi?article=5470&context=etd

Highly noticeable is the fact that in the Protestant perspective it is valid to segregate people under their colonial possession on the bases of the color of the skin. They postulated and formulated their kind of theology that was never in accordance with the way the Catholic Apostolic Fathers interpreted, taught, conveyed and the teachings of Jesus. This is a clear manifestation of the Protestant impact towards implementation of ?institutional racism? within the territorial jurisdiction of their respective colonies. This form of institutionalized prejudice was never experienced by the people who lived under the colonial possession of Catholic Spain. The Anglophone and the Dutch former colonies share the same experiences in terms of ultra-racism that the natives suffered.

Hence, the people should never be surprised why on earth the U.S. has that form of hype over issues such as ?critical race theory,? and other social maladies that are anchored on the color of the skin. The Protestants created that form of psychosis among their people.

Tennessean

John Brown was a preacher, for crying out loud. I'm pretty sure racial whiteness is a concept developed out of England, however. You don't find it in german protestant countries at the time. Or maybe you do, if you look for it, idk. Whiteness is an imperial sort of idea, I imagine the English, Spanish, and Germans used it to some degree.

Tennessean

Quote from: Pyotr on May 16, 2022, 10:35:09 PM
Christmas parade massacre, Cannon Hinnant, Brooklyn subway attack, Burnette Chapel shooting, and countless other Sub-saharan supremacist attacks on Europeans that the media purposely ignores / downplays the motives of? Not to mention the Sub-saharan-on-literally every other race violent crime statistics?

'Institutionalized racism' is just an imaginary term that leftists who live in equality fantasy land use to rationalize why Sub-saharans fail in every metric that matters in society.
This sounds harsh, but its true. I can't be arsed to hear another word about racism, so long as one side wants to pretend they're the eternal victims.

Julio

Quote from: Tennessean on May 21, 2022, 06:38:01 PM
John Brown was a preacher, for crying out loud. I'm pretty sure racial whiteness is a concept developed out of England, however. You don't find it in german protestant countries at the time. Or maybe you do, if you look for it, idk. Whiteness is an imperial sort of idea, I imagine the English, Spanish, and Germans used it to some degree.
All people are racist. It is our human nature to be have an inclination towards our own and I see that as the byproduct of ethnocentrism. The "age of exploration" and "colonization" however were such a game changer in the world that created the Western Civilization being the standard in terms of implementation of mercantile laws, justice system, human condition which is the reason we have now the human rights laws that the leftist try to steal from the Catholics, and in general the world view together with the entertainment industry.

What makes the Western Civilization unique, is Christianity and more particularly, Spain being the champion of Catholicism created a different colonial atmosphere by reason of implementation of the rules and regulation in keeping with the Faith that is under the leadership of the Vatican, (arguably taken differently by some traditional Catholics) today. In those Catholic jurisdictions, there was no such thing as, "institutionalized segregation on the basis of the color of skin." Only the Protestant colonies have that. Maybe Germany has nothing to do with that because it failed to obtain colonies the way England and Netherlands did it because it was so late to become amongst the Western world powers. It never reached the stature of Portugal, Spain, Netherlands, France and England that later became the British Empire as the sea powers from Western Europe. Certainly, in the 1900's the U.S. became a colonizer due to aftermath of Spanish-American War, and it simply took those territories in accordance with the Treaty of Paris that made the Philippines under its colonial rule for around 50 years. Then, again, the U.S. never implemented in the Philippines the segregation policies that it did in its own nation because it saw the Catholic culture that was already existing as it witnessed Manila immediately after Gen. George Dewey anchored their battles ships in its shorelines. Despite that alcohol was prohibited in the U.S. in the early 1900's that was never implemented in the Philippines. That was also true in Cuba.

Going back to the issue of racism, the Protestant teaching is anchored on different theology that they tried to fit their interests to conquer nations whereas the Catholics cannot do that because its belief system remains to be in accordance with the deposit of Faith. It cannot go outside of the teachings of the Magisterium and you don't find any form of racist doctrine from it. This is entirely different among the Protestants because they have the power to interpret the Bible according to them and so racist principles were inculcated specially so that their theology is to be save is by grace of God alone and works that includes treatment of fellow being is never part of salvation. Catholics has to consider our deeds. We know that maltreatment of any people on the basis of the color of skin is a form of prejudice because all are equal before the eyes of God.

So, much as racism was true among the Spaniards, they cannot institutionalize it like creating laws of prohibiting interracial marriages the way the Protestants did it, like in the U.S. in the other Anglophone colonies and Dutch colonies. It was never surprising that the natives under Spain would fight for their colonial master side by side ardently because they were worshipping in the same Church. That was huge impact where the masters and the colonial subjects submit themselves under the authority and power of the same God. That was never the way of the Protestants due to segregation policy. It is the reason only those colonies like the U.S., Australia and Canada that are predominantly occupied by European decent are rich nations because the Protestant colonizers were treating differently the other colonies. Certainly Singapore made it but it can be attributable to Lee Kwan Yew and the Singaporeans themselves. Other nations like Indonesia, Malaysia, those African nations and even the natives of the U.S., Australia and Canada remains to be non-Christians because they were segregated. The funny thing about it is that the British Empire is being painted as some kind of good colonizer because it allowed the native culture to flourish that to me is utterly rubbish. There are still ethnic groups that remain non-Catholics among the former colonies of Spain but these are the territories where the Friars and the Missionaries failed to reach and that was because of geographical location or strong resistance by the natives.

Hence, this situation that the African decent people in different territories of the U.S. and other former colonies of the Protestants can easily be utilized by the godless "woke" because of that historical infirmity and truth of extreme racial prejudice that was promoted by the State itself. To blame is so easy because it was sponsored by the government. The social malady is so true to be a material for the godless propaganda.

Tennessean

Protestants also believed they were doing the will of God when they became radical emancipators too. They believed it was their God-given duty to judge the South and redistribute the spoils of war to slaves and carpetbaggers. It isn't so simple as Protestantism leads to racism, but I can agree that Protestantism leads to Modernism, which is slavery to immediate satisfaction and worldly experience, rather than obedience to Magesterium. The protestant has to feel his faith to be real, rather than to do it, and he's easy pickings for capitalistic and revolutionary thought, because his faith is headless and dead.

Julio

Quote from: Tennessean on May 22, 2022, 09:22:00 AM
Protestants also believed they were doing the will of God when they became radical emancipators too. They believed it was their God-given duty to judge the South and redistribute the spoils of war to slaves and carpetbaggers. It isn't so simple as Protestantism leads to racism, but I can agree that Protestantism leads to Modernism, which is slavery to immediate satisfaction and worldly experience, rather than obedience to Magesterium. The protestant has to feel his faith to be real, rather than to do it, and he's easy pickings for capitalistic and revolutionary thought, because his faith is headless and dead.
I just want to point out that both the Catholic and Protestant colonies suffered from racism. The only reason it was "institutionalized" and was severely implemented in the Protestant colonial possessions was because they can create those regulatory measures by way of governmental laws or policies being out of the rulership of the Vatican in regard to their expression of faith. It must be noted that the expression of faith at that moment in history was still very important aspect of each community and "excommunication" by the Catholic leadership because of the violation of its laws had huge impact among the Catholics during that epoch. That must be the reason laws regarding racism was seen as taboo among the Catholics but not in Protestantism.

Those beliefs that were implemented by the Protestants in the South that you mentioned is just among the example of being out of reach of the teachings taken from the Magisterium. That abuse of freedom to interpret the words of God in the Bible had been problematic. Racism is just among the byproduct of that error of Protestantism.