Carrie Underwood concert

Started by Petertherock, April 09, 2013, 11:05:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Der Kaiser

Quote from: Roland Deschain on April 10, 2013, 05:55:02 AM

But seriously......Carrie Underwood? I hope you don't mistake her for a country artist.

TTHHHAAANNNK YOUUU!! Seriously isn't she getting tired of writing songs about revenge. Before he Cheats/Undo it/Blown away/Two Black Cadillacs. She is getting as repetative as that trollop Taylor Swift WHO ALSO IS NOOOTTT COUNTRY.
"If a Pope changes the rites of the sacraments he puts himself outside the Church and is Anathema"-Pope Innocent III

"Rome will lose the faith and become the seat of Anti-Christ"-Our Lady of La Sallette

The hebrews have not recognized the lord, therefore we can not recognize the hebrews.-St Pius X

HolyAina

Quote from: Der Kaiser on April 10, 2013, 09:51:05 AM
Quote from: erin is nice on April 10, 2013, 09:42:44 AM
Is her dress too short? Yes. But whore? That's a little excessive.

Slut/Skank seem more appropriate to me.

I prefer indoctrinated.  She is woefully ignorant of the ramifications and harm she is causing to souls by provoking lustful thoughts.  How can you blame her?  Has she ever had a father or Father tell her otherwise?  Likely not.  Society applauds this.  Be thankful that you even have eyes to see this, then pray for her.

Mithrandylan

She may not 'look' like a whore full on (her face is not gaunt and hollow, she doesn't look 'dirty') but she is dressed the part. 
Ps 135

Quia in humilitáte nostra memor fuit nostri: * quóniam in ætérnum misericórdia eius.
Et redémit nos ab inimícis nostris: * quóniam in ætérnum misericórdia eius.
Qui dat escam omni carni: * quóniam in ætérnum misericórdia eius.
Confitémini Deo cæli: * quóniam in ætérnum misericórdia eius.
Confitémini Dómino dominórum: * quóniam in ætérnum misericórdia eius.

For he was mindful of us in our affliction: * for his mercy endureth for ever.
And he redeemed us from our enemies: * for his mercy endureth for ever.
Who giveth food to all flesh: * for his mercy endureth for ever.
Give glory to the God of heaven: * for his mercy endureth for ever.
Give glory to the Lord of lords: * for his mercy endureth for ever.

-I retract any and all statements I have made that are incongruent with the True Faith, and apologize for ever having made them-

OCLittleFlower

Quote from: HolyAina on April 10, 2013, 09:57:21 AM

I prefer indoctrinated.  She is woefully ignorant of the ramifications and harm she is causing to souls by provoking lustful thoughts.  How can you blame her?  Has she ever had a father or Father tell her otherwise?  Likely not.  Society applauds this.  Be thankful that you even have eyes to see this, then pray for her.

This.

It's a sad thing that shouldn't be posted on a Catholic forum (the pictures, I mean) but chances are that Carrie is woefully ignorant.  My own sister-in-law dresses like that, because no one's explained it to her.
-- currently writing a Trad romance entitled Flirting with Sedevacantism --

???? ?? ?????? ????????? ???, ?? ?????.

PatrickG

I do not think ignorance is a defence in Miss Underwood's case. Surely any woman dressing in such a manner is doing so to inflame impure thoughts in men. She is not a child. I know modern society holds up the slattern as the ideal of virtue, but as she is not only conforming to this vile ideal but propagating it, she is perfectly aware, I am sure, of what she is doing.

Her own impure dress; and, from a quick look at the photographs, less than demure deportment,  the loud, repetitive, rhythmic music and the dark close atmosphere make this a place inimical to virtue and repulsive to a Catholic conscience. You said there was a brawl? I'm hardly surprised.

Kaesekopf

She's wearing the mullets of dresses, but agreed. 
Wie dein Sonntag, so dein Sterbetag.

I am not altogether on anybody's side, because nobody is altogether on my side.  ~Treebeard, LOTR

Jesus son of David, have mercy on me.

Kaesekopf

I don't agree that her clothing is any indicator of her sexual past.

I am not altogether on anybody's side, because nobody is altogether on my side.  ~Treebeard, LOTR

Mithrandylan

Quote from: Kaesekopf on April 10, 2013, 03:20:20 PM

It's definitely an indicator of her sexual future! 
Ps 135

Quia in humilitáte nostra memor fuit nostri: * quóniam in ætérnum misericórdia eius.

-I retract any and all statements I have made that are incongruent with the True Faith, and apologize for ever having made them-

Kaesekopf

Mithrandylan

Quote from: Kaesekopf on April 10, 2013, 03:22:37 PM
Quote from: Mithrandylan on April 10, 2013, 03:21:09 PM

I disagree.

Reasonably speaking, if you see someone wearing a tuxedo you will think they are on their way to a formal event.  While it is theoretically possible that they are actually about to go mud wrestling, it's very, very unlikely and it's against reason to see that dress and conclude that they're about to go mud wrestling. 

If someone is dressed like a whore, it's reasonable to believe that they're going to behave like one.  Not unilaterally certain, but one flows from the other reasonably.  It is the impression that one gives.  If she does not want to give that impression, then it is up to her not to give that impression. 

Ps 135

Eliza

I disagree.

Kk, thats kind of like saying that just because someone dresses promiscuously doesn't mean they're promiscuous. It doesn't seem like the most logical of conclusions.

Christknight104

I never thought Trads would be interested  in Carrie Underwood concerts, or going to secular pop concerts in general.  One learns something new everyday.

LouisIX

Quote from: Kaesekopf on April 10, 2013, 03:20:20 PM

Insert Chappelle clip here.
IF I speak with the tongues of men, and of angels, and have not charity, I am become as sounding brass, or a tinkling cymbal.

Jayne

Quote from: Eliza on April 10, 2013, 04:01:25 PM

I disagree.

Kk, thats kind of like saying that just because someone dresses promiscuously doesn't mean they're promiscuous. It doesn't seem like the most logical of conclusions.
It is perfectly logical.  Just because a woman dresses promiscuously, it does not necessarily mean that she has done so deliberately.  We live in a culture that is deeply confused about appropriate clothing.  Many young women cannot tell the difference between sexually provocative and attractive.  It is quite possible for a woman to be sending a message that she does not intend.
Jesus, meek and humble of heart, make my heart like unto Thine.

LouisIX

I doubt anyone here was claiming that Carrie Underwood is promiscuous but merely that she dresses like she is.  Unfortunately, our single appeal to arguing with this is that a lot of women dress like this.  Fortunately, not all of these women are promiscuous.  Unfortunately, the modern zeitgeist has tricked them into thinking that dressing like this is ok.

I don't personally find most of what she's wearing to be all that bad, but this is at least partly because I've been so desensitized to this sort of stuff.  I don't know if she deserves to be called a slut, but she certainly isn't dressed modestly either.

I wouldn't want my daughter dressed like that.
IF I speak with the tongues of men, and of angels, and have not charity, I am become as sounding brass, or a tinkling cymbal.