Carrie Underwood concert

Started by Petertherock, April 09, 2013, 11:05:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Petertherock

I went to the Carrie Underwood show tonight. First of all, I almost got in this huge fight with some guy. My seat was in the first row of the arena seats but they are at the same level as the floor. Of course all the people in the floor section were standing up through the entire show. So people like me couldn't see unless I stood up too. So while I was standing, this guy tells me to sit down that his wife couldn't see. I told him I can't see if I sit down. He then gets all tense and angry looking and looks like he's getting ready to attack me and he yells, "My wife can't stand up!" The security guy came running over and told the guy to sit down and shut up. After spending some time thinking how I could take this guy out if he does something (he was a lot bigger than me) I decided to pray for him. I said a Hail Mary for him and his wife. I know I have bad anger issues and I figure he probably does too. So, when the guy and his wife left the guy came over and shook my hand. So praying for people does work. He probably felt as bad as I do when I flip out on someone for a bad reason.

The show was great. I loved every minute of it. Here are some pics from the show...

I was kind of disappointed she didn't do any Aerosmith covers. She usually does...I was hoping she might do the duet she did with Aerosmith, Can't Stop Loving You but she didn't do it tonight...but it was still a great show!

I really love this part where she went on this moving platform that went out over the crowd. It was really awesome!

This is her and her opening act (Hunter Hayes) doing a song together during Carrie's set...

Photos edited out by Kaesekopf. 
Darryl
Ut In Omnibus Glorificetur Deus

"Even if Catholics faithful to Tradition are reduced to a handful, they are the ones who are the true Church of Jesus Christ." -St. Athanasius

OCLittleFlower

Glad you had a good time.

And good for you for not losing it with him.  :)

As a side note -- Hunter Hayes rocks.
-- currently writing a Trad romance entitled Flirting with Sedevacantism --

???? ?? ?????? ????????? ???, ?? ?????.

Alphonsus Jr.

PTR, I'm surprised that you've seen it fitting to offer us pictures of a woman presenting herself to the world as a dimebag hooker. This stinks of Fish Eaters.

On the other hand, I salute you for restraining your anger. Please continue that restraint at this very moment.
Age, thou art shamed.*
O shame, where is thy blush?**

-Shakespeare, Julius Caesar,* Hamlet**

Mithrandylan

Yes, she's dressed like a whore.  Would be nice if these pictures were taken down.  PTR, your anger might see improvement if you step back a little from indulging in worldly things like this.  Modern music concerts are quite the gathering for those who are ready to sell their soul.  Everyone gathers around a big altar waiting for their savior to come out and put on a show that deeply relates to and moves them.  Such is the manna of relative modern man, who needs his fantasy of reality to be validated in profane ways like this.
Ps 135

Quia in humilitáte nostra memor fuit nostri: * quóniam in ætérnum misericórdia eius.
Et redémit nos ab inimícis nostris: * quóniam in ætérnum misericórdia eius.
Qui dat escam omni carni: * quóniam in ætérnum misericórdia eius.
Confitémini Deo cæli: * quóniam in ætérnum misericórdia eius.
Confitémini Dómino dominórum: * quóniam in ætérnum misericórdia eius.

For he was mindful of us in our affliction: * for his mercy endureth for ever.
And he redeemed us from our enemies: * for his mercy endureth for ever.
Who giveth food to all flesh: * for his mercy endureth for ever.
Give glory to the God of heaven: * for his mercy endureth for ever.
Give glory to the Lord of lords: * for his mercy endureth for ever.

-I retract any and all statements I have made that are incongruent with the True Faith, and apologize for ever having made them-

erin is nice

I knew this was going to happen  :lol:

Roland Deschain

Did she also sing about the glories of SOD "marriage" which she has recently come out in favor of?

But seriously......Carrie Underwood? I hope you don't mistake her for a country artist.
'Since Moses was alone, by having been stripped as it were of the people's fear, he boldly approached the very darkness itself and entered the invisible things where he was no longer seen by those watching. After he entered the inner sanctuary of the divine mystical doctrine, there, while not being seen, he was in company with the Invisible. He teaches, I think, by the things he did that the one who is going to associate intimately with God must go beyond all that is visible and—lifting up his own mind, as to a mountaintop, to the invisible and incomprehensible—believe that the divine is there where the understanding does not reach.'

—St Gregory of Nyssa

red solo cup

If Britney finds out you've been ogling Carrie your in big trouble mister.
non impediti ratione cogitationis

HolyAina

Quote from: Alphonsus Jr. on April 10, 2013, 12:12:03 AM
PTR, I'm surprised you've offered us pictures of a woman presenting herself to the world as a dimebag hooker.

Dimebag hooker...LOL

Alphonsus Jr.

Quote from: HolyAina on April 10, 2013, 08:37:23 AM
Quote from: Alphonsus Jr. on April 10, 2013, 12:12:03 AM
PTR, I'm surprised you've offered us pictures of a woman presenting herself to the world as a dimebag hooker.

Dimebag hooker...LOL

I like that one too.  ;)
Age, thou art shamed.*
O shame, where is thy blush?**

-Shakespeare, Julius Caesar,* Hamlet**

red solo cup

Which raises the delicate question of how you know about that sort of thing.
non impediti ratione cogitationis

Bonaventure

Quote from: Mithrandylan on April 10, 2013, 04:45:15 AM
Yes, she's dressed like a whore.

I've seen whores in the ghetto, and she doesn't look like one.
"If any man will come after me, let him deny himself, and take up his cross, and follow me."

erin is nice

Is her dress too short? Yes. But whore? That's a little excessive.

HolyAina

Quote from: erin is nice on April 10, 2013, 09:42:44 AM

Whores of 200 years ago, no.  Whores of 60 years ago, no.  Whores of 30 years ago, yes.  Whores of today, no.

Der Kaiser

Quote from: Bonaventure on April 10, 2013, 09:39:12 AM
Quote from: Mithrandylan on April 10, 2013, 04:45:15 AM
Yes, she's dressed like a whore.

I've seen whores in the ghetto, and she doesn't look like one.

Amen to that. After spending about 6 months in Phoenix I can tell you most of the street walking whores you see down there are 50+ year old mexican illegals with no teeth. NOT Carrie Underwood.
"If a Pope changes the rites of the sacraments he puts himself outside the Church and is Anathema"-Pope Innocent III

"Rome will lose the faith and become the seat of Anti-Christ"-Our Lady of La Sallette

The hebrews have not recognized the lord, therefore we can not recognize the hebrews.-St Pius X

Der Kaiser

Quote from: erin is nice on April 10, 2013, 09:42:44 AM

Slut/Skank seem more appropriate to me.
"If a Pope changes the rites of the sacraments he puts himself outside the Church and is Anathema"-Pope Innocent III

"Rome will lose the faith and become the seat of Anti-Christ"-Our Lady of La Sallette

The hebrews have not recognized the lord, therefore we can not recognize the hebrews.-St Pius X