A new diocesan Deacon's first Sunday Mass: A Solemn High TLM

Started by Der Polka-König, June 15, 2014, 03:14:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Der Polka-König

One of the new deacons for the Diocese of Madison chose to have his first Sunday Mass be a Solemn High TLM. I was honored to serve as Master of Ceremonies. Since ordination in late May, the Reverend Deacon has already been in three Solemn High Masses (one as deacon, two as subdeacon), and in two weeks will be Deacon of the Mass for a Solemn Pontifical Mass at the Throne.

Please pray for his vocation, and fortitude in his love for Tradition.

"The Modernists pass the same judgment on the most holy Fathers of the Church as they pass on tradition; decreeing, with amazing effrontery that, while personally most worthy of all veneration, they were entirely ignorant of history and criticism, for which they are only excusable on account of the time in which they lived. Finally, the Modernists try in every way to diminish and weaken the authority of the ecclesiastical magisterium itself by sacrilegiously falsifying its origin, character, and rights, and by freely repeating the calumnies of its adversaries."

-- St Pius X, Pascendi Dominici Gregis

VeraeFidei

Fascinating. Didn't +Morlino shut down new vocations to the permanent Diaconate program?

Is this particular Deacon married?

Der Polka-König

I don't know about him outright stopping new Permanent Deacons, but it is true that there haven't been any new ones ordained in many years.

This particular deacon is a transitional deacon. He has already requested servers for a Solemn High Mass of Thanksgiving after (God willing) his ordination as a priest in a year.
"The Modernists pass the same judgment on the most holy Fathers of the Church as they pass on tradition; decreeing, with amazing effrontery that, while personally most worthy of all veneration, they were entirely ignorant of history and criticism, for which they are only excusable on account of the time in which they lived. Finally, the Modernists try in every way to diminish and weaken the authority of the ecclesiastical magisterium itself by sacrilegiously falsifying its origin, character, and rights, and by freely repeating the calumnies of its adversaries."

Der Polka-König

Sorry, trying to post from my phone and accidentally double-posted...

VeraeFidei

Quote from: Der Polka-König on June 15, 2014, 07:26:15 PM
I don't know about him outright stopping new Permanent Deacons, but it is true that there haven't been any new ones ordained in many years.

This particular deacon is a transitional deacon. He has already requested servers for a Solemn High Mass of Thanksgiving after (God willing) his ordination as a priest in a year.
Ahh, for some reason I assumed that he was a permanent Deacon, although now I'm not sure why!