Priests to be allowed to marry after 2019 synod? Women priests after that?

Started by Xavier, December 21, 2017, 10:20:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Xavier

Let's not be deceived, communion for adulterers is only the beginning. Just as they planned a horrible document even before that synod on divorce/remarriage, which later was rejected, but still put out in the end, they've already planned what discipline and dogma they want to change next. The Modernists in Rome have more evil synods planned and it seems we are powerless to stop them. Our Lady told St. Bridget "Know this too: that if some pope concedes to priests a license to contract carnal marriage, God will condemn him to a sentence as great, in a spiritual way, as that which the law justly inflicts in a corporeal way on a man who has transgressed so gravely that he must have his eyes gouged out, his tongue and lips, nose and ears cut off, his hands and feet amputated, all his body's blood spilled out to grow completely cold, and finally, his whole bloodless corpse cast out to be devoured by dogs and other wild beasts ... For that same pope would be totally deprived by God of his spiritual sight and hearing, and of his spiritual words and deeds. All his spiritual wisdom would grow completely cold; and finally, after his death, his soul would be cast out to be tortured eternally in hell so that there it might become the food of demons everlastingly and without end." https://gloria.tv/article/PRV2YJx1AKsU1dKu88KDWnLmf continuing to tell the Saint that even if it had been so magnificent a Pope as St. Gregory the Great who had conceded such an evil and lax permission, he would never have received mercy from God, unless before death he had retracted. Will anyone say St. Bridget or the private revelations made to her by the Mother of God contradict what the Catholic Faith teaches us about the Papacy? If they do not, then maybe it's our understanding of disciplinary infallibility that's not correct.

A careful consideration of what infallibility does and does not entail seems to suggest that extreme laxity in failing to impose a universal discipline demanded by divine law (e.g. failing to universally demand adulterers are not admitted to communion, but allowing lax priests in liberal local churches to make that decision themselves etc) is not incompatible with it; rather, this is a personal sin of extreme laxity and liberalism on the part of the negligent Pontiff, a failure precisely to make an ex cathedra judgment or impose that universal discipline which dogma demands. Thoughts? http://www.catholicherald.co.uk/commentandblogs/2017/10/25/analysis-will-the-2019-synod-discuss-married-priests/

QuoteLast year, the National Catholic Register reported that Pope Francis wanted a synod on married priests – only for the proposal to be voted out by the synod council.

But it appears that a different meeting of bishops may now focus on the proposal: October 2019's synod for the Pan-Amazon region, which Pope Francis announced earlier this month.

One influential bishop from the Pan-Amazon region, Bishop Erwin Kräutler, has told Kathpress that he thinks the synod might consider the ordination of married men, as well as women deacons.

Bishop Kräutler, who led the Diocese of Xingu, in Brazil, from 1981-2015, is more likely than most to understand Pope Francis's intentions for the synod. In 2014, the bishop spoke to Francis about ordaining married men. In 2015, they revisited the subject, and the Pope said he wanted to hear "bold, daring proposals".

In his latest interview, Bishop Kräutler says he thinks the synod might look at "the proposal of the emeritus bishop Fritz Lobinger". Bishop Lobinger has suggested that local "elders", or "viri probati", might be ordained to celebrate Mass and the sacraments. In this vision, there would be "two different forms of priesthood": the viri probati would not receive seminary education, could marry, and would be "as distinct as possible" from priests. The Pope made reference to the notion of viri probati earlier this year, inviting the Church to "reflect" on the matter.

Bishop Lobinger does not stop there: he has also written that "Because the majority of proven local leaders are women, it is unavoidable that the question of their inclusion among ordained elders will arise, though present church law does not permit it."

Bishop Kräutler is himself a supporter of women priests. He told Die Presse in 2014 that while Pope Francis said the door to women's ordination is closed, that means the door could be opened – and that he, Bishop Kräutler, believes it ought to be.
Bible verses on walking blamelessly with God, after being forgiven from our former sins. Some verses here: https://dailyverses.net/blameless

"[2] He that walketh without blemish, and worketh justice:[3] He that speaketh truth in his heart, who hath not used deceit in his tongue: Nor hath done evil to his neighbour: nor taken up a reproach against his neighbours.(Psalm 14)

"[2] For in many things we all offend. If any man offend not in word, the same is a perfect man."(James 3)

"[14] And do ye all things without murmurings and hesitations; [15] That you may be blameless, and sincere children of God, without reproof, in the midst of a crooked and perverse generation; among whom you shine as lights in the world." (Phil 2:14-15)

Gardener

ordination of a married man != marriage of an ordained man. Your title is incorrect.
"If anyone does not wish to have Mary Immaculate for his Mother, he will not have Christ for his Brother." - St. Maximilian Kolbe

Lynne

Quote from: Gardener on December 21, 2017, 10:51:08 AM
ordination of a married man != marriage of an ordained man. Your title is incorrect.

Still a bad idea though.
In conclusion, I can leave you with no better advice than that given after every sermon by Msgr Vincent Giammarino, who was pastor of St Michael's Church in Atlantic City in the 1950s:

"My dear good people: Do what you have to do, When you're supposed to do it, The best way you can do it,   For the Love of God. Amen"

Habitual_Ritual

" There exists now an enormous religious ignorance. In the times since the Council it is evident we have failed to pass on the content of the Faith."

(Pope Benedict XVI speaking in October 2002.)

Gardener

Quote from: Lynne on December 21, 2017, 11:31:20 AM

Still a bad idea though.

Yes. My concern is that we watch our P's and Q's, such that we do not unnecessarily provide a rhetorical trap into which we must walk. If we are sloppy with phrasing, we risk not properly conveying the problem and cutting the truth's argument at the knees.
"If anyone does not wish to have Mary Immaculate for his Mother, he will not have Christ for his Brother." - St. Maximilian Kolbe

rosenley

A friend of mine told me about a story, where an Eastern "Orthodox" Priest needed to work two other jobs in order to provide for his family since it wasn't a requirement to remain celibate. Not only that, but you're likely to end up tithing for his kids' college tuitions instead of for his well-being.

I sincerely hope this isn't the road Rome takes.
"And I live, now not I; but Christ liveth in me. And that I live now in the flesh: I live in the faith of the Son of God, who loved me, and delivered himself for me." (Galatians 2:20)

"Give them according to their works, and according to the wickedness of their inventions. According to the works of their hands give thou to them: render to them their reward." (Psalm 27:4)

"A man has free choice to the extent that he is rational."
"It is proper for man to be inclined to act according to reason."
"Human salvation demands the divine disclosure of truths surpassing reason."
"To one who has faith, no explanation is necessary. To one without faith, no explanation is possible." - St. Thomas Aquinas

Graham

Quote from: Gardener on December 23, 2017, 07:45:45 AM
Quote from: Lynne on December 21, 2017, 11:31:20 AM

Still a bad idea though.

Yes. My concern is that we watch our P's and Q's, such that we do not unnecessarily provide a rhetorical trap into which we must walk. If we are sloppy with phrasing, we risk not properly conveying the problem and cutting the truth's argument at the knees.

Quotethe viri probati ... could marry...

We are talking about people that are in favour of, or are sympathetic to, the ordination of women. Let's not kid ourselves, they don't see any problem with priests marrying (and then divorcing and remarrying). 

lauermar

Michael Matt at The Remnant thinks the 2018 synod with youth will take on gay unions in their dialogue about vocations:

At a press conference at the Vatican which I covered in person during the last Synod, Cardinal Peter Turkson promised that the question of "gay unions" would be taken up at the next Synod. They're playing it down at the moment, but I stick to my prediction that "gay unions" will be the bombshell of the 2018 Synod.  https://remnantnewspaper.com/web/index.php/articles/item/3636-a-new-year-preditction-vatican-will-greenlight-gay-unions-in-2018

Louie Verrecchio thinks the synod will be about women's ordination:

https://akacatholic.com/youth-female-ordination/
"I am not a pessimist. I am not an optimist. I am a realist." Father Malachi Martin (1921-1999)

Innocent Smith

Quote from: lauermar on April 21, 2018, 06:10:04 AM
Michael Matt at The Remnant thinks the 2018 synod with youth will take on gay unions in their dialogue about vocations:

At a press conference at the Vatican which I covered in person during the last Synod, Cardinal Peter Turkson promised that the question of "gay unions" would be taken up at the next Synod. They're playing it down at the moment, but I stick to my prediction that "gay unions" will be the bombshell of the 2018 Synod.  https://remnantnewspaper.com/web/index.php/articles/item/3636-a-new-year-preditction-vatican-will-greenlight-gay-unions-in-2018

Louie Verrecchio thinks the synod will be about women's ordination:

https://akacatholic.com/youth-female-ordination/

Let them discuss it all they want. There is no way either could ever happen.
I am going to hold a pistol to the head of the modern man. But I shall not use it to kill him, only to bring him to life.

Greg

Contentment is knowing that you're right. Happiness is knowing that someone else is wrong.

Larry

Married Priests have been approved in  the Eastern Catholic Churches by the Holy See since the Apostolic era. So it's hard for me to see that quote from St. Bridget as authentic. Saying that, I don't think the discipline of the Latin Church should change.
"At the evening of life, we shall be judged on our love."-St. John of the Cross

aquinas138

Quote from: rosenley on December 23, 2017, 03:59:47 PM
A friend of mine told me about a story, where an Eastern "Orthodox" Priest needed to work two other jobs in order to provide for his family since it wasn't a requirement to remain celibate. Not only that, but you're likely to end up tithing for his kids' college tuitions instead of for his well-being.

I sincerely hope this isn't the road Rome takes.

The laborer is worth his wage. I don't mind paying for a priest's kid's education any more than paying for the opulent lifestyles of some priests or for the diocese to settle sex abuse claims. A priest answers for how he spends his money, like the rest of us.

Orthodox priests in the West are generally paid by the parish; the diocese does not pay them. If it's a small parish or one that otherwise struggles financially, the priest will often not take a salary from the parish to avoid that expense.
What shall we call you, O full of grace? * Heaven? for you have shone forth the Sun of Righteousness. * Paradise? for you have brought forth the Flower of immortality. * Virgin? for you have remained incorrupt. * Pure Mother? for you have held in your holy embrace your Son, the God of all. * Entreat Him to save our souls.

Geremia

To be more nitpicky:
Quote from: Gardener on December 21, 2017, 10:51:08 AMordination of a married man ? ordained man "marrying" (really committing adultery with) [a human woman]
The celibate marry the Church / Divine Spouse.

Prayerful

I still think there will be more of usual gradual, incremental efforts to harm the Faith, enrich Vatican City fruits ($25 million demanded by Francis from the US Papal Foundation, though only half was paid, or Cardinal Maradiaga's peculations) by continued blocking of financial reforms, efforts redoubled to ensure Conciliar paedophile priests can avail of 'Mercy' (likely a major concern for Cardinal Danneels), selective attacks on small traditional monks, priests and bishops, just the usual. This synod will be a little piece of all that.
Padre Pio: Pray, hope, and don't worry. Worry is useless. God is merciful and will hear your prayer.

Gardener

Quote from: Geremia on April 21, 2018, 05:24:42 PM
To be more nitpicky:
Quote from: Gardener on December 21, 2017, 10:51:08 AMordination of a married man ? ordained man "marrying" (really committing adultery with) [a human woman]
The celibate marry the Church / Divine Spouse.

Good clarifying catch, sir.  :toth: