Chat room is now dead

Started by Kaesekopf, February 06, 2013, 07:12:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TerrorDæmonum

Quote from: Bubba on February 12, 2022, 03:23:51 PM
Bubba no like chatting with someone going by the name "demon" in their chat box username.   :huh:
Terror Dæmonum is a title of St Joseph. It means "Terror of Demons".

It is in The Litany of St. Joseph.

Of course, if one did not promise to harass me on this forum I could have taken that statement as an honest mistake and ignorance of Latin.

TerrorDæmonum

Also, the chat runs on a dæmon: Internet Relay Chat daemon,.

And yes, I do wish my chat name could be TerrorDæmonum, but the IRC daemon won't let me use that as a username because of "illegal characters".

Quote from: Chat
16:49 -!- TerrorDæmonum Nickname is unavailable: Illegal characters

Jayne

Quote from: Bubba on February 12, 2022, 03:23:51 PM
Bubba no like chatting with someone going by the name "demon" in their chat box username.   :huh:

This reminds me of how "General Lee" twisted what was happening in chat.  https://www.suscipedomine.com/forum/index.php?topic=25704.msg535823#msg535823

edit to add:  Given that Bubba and General Lee were both accounts of christulsa, it's no wonder that I found a similarity.
Jesus, meek and humble of heart, make my heart like unto Thine.

Bubba

Quote from: Pæniteo on February 12, 2022, 03:36:28 PM
Terror Dæmonum

Hello Joseph,

If I may offer a mild correction.   :)  Perhaps you forgot, as you have mentioned before suffering from deficits in short term memory, but that was not the username used.  According to my screenshot and other witnesses.  If I may make a very friendly, mild, fraternal correction:  you might consider not using the word "demon" in your usernames in Catholic chat.  It could leave others (perhaps inadvertently) with the wrong impression.  Which is perhaps why people kept leaving the chat box.   :)

Pax vobiscum,

Bubba

Bubba

Quote from: Jayne on February 12, 2022, 03:55:37 PM
This reminds me of how "General Lee" twisted what was happening in chat.  https://www.suscipedomine.com/forum/index.php?topic=25704.msg535823#msg535823

And this mean-spirited comment reminds me of that spider poem you sang in Latin circa 2012, shared on Fish Eaters.   ;)

Do I have your permission to share it?

Jayne

Quote from: Bubba on February 12, 2022, 05:24:22 PM
Quote from: Jayne on February 12, 2022, 03:55:37 PM

And this mean-spirited comment reminds me of that spider poem you sang in Latin circa 2012, shared on Fish Eaters.   ;)

Do I have your permission to share it?

As I recall that poem was on a YouTube account with my real name.  I do not want that shared, so, no, you do not have permission.

Quote from: Bubba on February 12, 2022, 05:20:48 PMello Joseph,

If I may offer a mild correction.   :)  Perhaps you forgot, as you have mentioned before suffering from deficits in short term memory, but that was not the username used.  According to my screenshot and other witnesses. 

I logged into chat after you left.  Joseph was using the "Terror of Demons" name. 

You are just following up with your threat to harass him.
Jesus, meek and humble of heart, make my heart like unto Thine.

TerrorDæmonum

Quote from: Bubba on February 12, 2022, 05:20:48 PM
If I may offer a mild correction.   Perhaps you forgot, as you have mentioned before suffering from deficits in short term memory, but that was not the username used.
TerrorDaemonum is the actual nick. Terror Daemonum is the title.

The association should be pretty obvious.

According to my screenshot and other witnesses.  If I may make a very friendly, mild, fraternal correction:  you might consider not using the word "demon" in your usernames in Catholic chat.  It could leave others (perhaps inadvertently) with the wrong impression.  Which is perhaps why people kept leaving the chat box.   
Nobody else was in the chat during the time. Do you want the log?

Pax vobiscum,

I am one person. Pax tecum.

Your corrections are most odd.

TerrorDæmonum

Quote from: Bubba on February 12, 2022, 05:20:48 PM
If I may make a very friendly, mild, fraternal correction:  you might consider not using the word "demon" in your usernames in Catholic chat. 

No, you may not. I use the name for a reason: St Joseph is the Terror of Demons and his intercession is most effective. The demons are not allowed in chat. My chosen username is just a reminder to others and myself of this: my name is Joseph, I am named after St Joseph specifically, and his intercession is most welcome.

Only a demon or one under a demon's influence would object to the name after understanding it.

Sancte Joseph, Terror Dæmonum, Ora Pro Nobis.

You were averse to it before you were informed of its meaning and you recommend changing it after learning its meaning and reference. That is not insignificant.

TerrorDæmonum

Is the chat room truly live if nobody is chatting in it?

The Curt Jester

In chat for a bit.  If Paeniteo is around, I have a question for him.
The royal feast was done; the King
Sought some new sport to banish care,
And to his jester cried: "Sir Fool,
Kneel now, and make for us a prayer!"

The jester doffed his cap and bells,
And stood the mocking court before;
They could not see the bitter smile
Behind the painted grin he wore.

He bowed his head, and bent his knee
Upon the Monarch's silken stool;
His pleading voice arose: "O Lord,
Be merciful to me, a fool!"

TerrorDæmonum

Quote from: The Curt Jester on February 18, 2022, 11:16:52 AM
In chat for a bit.  If Paeniteo is around, I have a question for him.

I'm in now and will be for a bit. I just got back.

TerrorDæmonum

Quote from: TerrorDæmonum on February 12, 2022, 03:36:28 PM
Terror Dæmonum is a title of St Joseph. It means "Terror of Demons".

It is in The Litany of St. Joseph.

Quote from: TerrorDæmonum on February 12, 2022, 05:43:29 PM
TerrorDaemonum is the actual nick. Terror Daemonum is the title.

And TerrorDæmonum is now my forum name! If anyone wants to chat, it is live.

Melkor

Come say hi. I'll be nice, I promise.  ;D
All that is gold does not glitter, not all those who wander are lost.

"Am I not here, I who am your mother?" Mary to Juan Diego

"Let a man walk ten miles steadily on a hot summer's day along a dusty English road, and he will soon discover why beer was invented." G.K. Chesterton

"Blessed are they that hunger and thirst after justice: for they shall have their fill." Jesus Christ

Melkor

In for a bit. Come say hi.

"Let a man walk ten miles steadily on a hot summer's day along a dusty English road, and he will soon discover why beer was invented." G.K. Chesterton

"Blessed are they that hunger and thirst after justice: for they shall have their fill." Jesus Christ

Melkor