Message from 3rd Secret of Fatima Miracle

Started by Mattchew83, November 24, 2021, 08:36:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mattchew83

3rd Secret of Fatima - "In Portugal, the dogma of the Faith will always be preserved..."

Source 1: http://marienfried.com/catholic%20teachings/prophecy%20of%20apostasy.html
Source 2 (From Vatican): https://www.vatican.va/roman_curia/congregations/cfaith/documents/rc_con_cfaith_doc_20000626_message-fatima_en.html

Would this not wipe out the Novus Ordo, SSPX, and all other traditional Catholic groups (except for 1 traditional Catholic group in Portugal) since the true dogma is only preserved there. I don't think the SSPX bases its positions off of any Church in Portugal. I'm not aware of any other traditional group doing the same. Could this mean that all of these churches are false and that the only true Church is in Portugal?

ChairmanJoeAintMyPrez

no

If these approved apparitions prophesied the defection of the visible Church, they would not be approved apparitions.
this page left intentionally blank

MaximGun

Where does it say or imply the true dogma is only preserved in Portugal?

It does not.

Mattchew83

Quote from: MaximGun on November 24, 2021, 08:45:35 AM
Where does it say or imply the true dogma is only preserved in Portugal?

It does not.

It seems to me (I could be wrong) that it is saying that it is only preserved in Portugal. If it were also preserved in other areas of the world, then why would Mary specifically and only reference Portugal as being a place where it is preserved?

MaximGun

You are wrong.

You cannot just insert words where they are not.

Besides it flies in the face of reality.  There is more faith in France per capita than Portugal.

Mattchew83

Quote from: MaximGun on November 24, 2021, 08:59:37 AM
You are wrong.

Besides it flies in the face of reality.  There is more faith in France per capita than Portugal.

As if you are the authority on the matter to decide how to properly interpret things. You say without a doubt that I am wrong? Pffffft.

It might hold that there be true Churches throughout the world even though She said this. I would think that these Churches would have to be based out of 1 Church in Portugal. I would feel at least a little more comfortable, if say, the SSPX were based out of Portugal. But this would not necessarily mean that it is the true Church.

It seems to me that She never would have made this statement if the true Church was not based out of Portugal.

It is also possible that She is saying that the true Church only exists in Portugal.

ChairmanJoeAintMyPrez

Quote from: Mattchew83 on November 24, 2021, 10:13:40 AM
As if you are the authority on the matter to decide how to properly interpret things.

Here we go again...

MaximGun

You are wrong.

As if you are the authority on the matter to decide how to properly interpret things. You say without a doubt that I am wrong? Pffffft.

It might hold that there be true Churches throughout the world even though She said this. I would think that these Churches would have to be based out of 1 Church in Portugal. I would feel at least a little more comfortable, if say, the SSPX were based out of Portugal. But this would not necessarily mean that it is the true Church.

It seems to me that She never would have made this statement if the true Church was not based out of Portugal.

It is also possible that She is saying that the true Church only exists in Portugal.

You yourself said above, "I could be wrong".

You are wrong.  Portugal has not preserved the faith more than France.  In fact, far less.

So there is no possibility that Portugal can be the ONLY country that preserves it.

And Fatima in no way suggests it is the only country.  You are engaging in pure speculation.

And now you are on my ignore list.

Mattchew83

Quote from: MaximGun on November 24, 2021, 10:23:09 AM
You are wrong.

You yourself said above, "I could be wrong".

You are wrong.  Portugal has not preserved the faith more than France.  In fact, far less.

So there is no possibility that Portugal can be the ONLY country that preserves it.

And Fatima in no way suggests it is the only country.  You are engaging in pure speculation.

And now you are on my ignore list.

I don't sit here and try to claim things as if my intellect is superior to everyone else (something you and ChairmanJoeAintMyPrez tend to do). Your not even proving your statements with any logic or supporting evidence. You sit here and make statements and expect everyone to believe in what you say as if you are holier than thou or as if it is in the magisterium (like you are a Pope). You keep saying I am wrong....SHOW ME HOW. Don't just expect that I believe in you and what you say. You and that Chairman guy are wicked people and narcissists. I am glad I am on your ignore list. I don't want anything to do with you either.

She was clear and specific (since it was the only country mentioned) about how the dogma of the Faith would be preserved in Portugal. Have it any other way and Her statement would be false (not possible).

You are an arrogant narcissist.

ChairmanJoeAintMyPrez

Quote from: Mattchew83 on November 24, 2021, 10:32:21 AM
I don't sit here and try to claim things as if my intellect is superior to everyone else (something you and ChairmanJoeAintMyPrez tend to do). Your not even proving your statements with any logic or supporting evidence. You sit here and make statements and expect everyone to believe in what you say as if you are holier than thou or as if it is in the magisterium (like you are a Pope). You keep saying I am wrong....SHOW ME HOW. Don't just expect that I believe in you and what you say. You and that Chairman guy are wicked people and narcissists. I am glad I am on your ignore list. I don't want anything to do with you either.

She was clear and specific (since it was the only country mentioned) about how the dogma of the Faith would be preserved in Portugal. Have it any other way and Her statement would be false (not possible).

If you were interested in anything other than peddling dim conspiracy theories, you might respond with something like, "How's that?"   Or, "Do you have a link that explains that in greater detail?"

When someone gives you a straight answer, they're not asserting their own authority.  They're just giving you a straight answer.

Google works just as well on your computer as it does on anyone else's.

Look in the mirror.

Mattchew83

Quote from: ChairmanJoeAintMyPrez on November 24, 2021, 10:39:20 AM

If you were interested in anything other than peddling dim conspiracy theories, you might respond with something like, "How's that?"   Or, "Do you have a link that explains that in greater detail?"

When someone gives you a straight answer, they're not asserting their own authority.  They're just giving you a straight answer.

Look in the mirror.

Yet again you show yourself to be a narcissist. You make statements and then expect the people that you are preaching to...to go and do your dirty work for you. IF YOU MAKE A STATEMENT THEN YOU SHOULD PROVIDE THE SUPPORTING EVIDENCE BEHIND YOUR STATEMENT. To expect the people you are preaching to to do so is narcissist. Aside from you being a narcissist on the matter, there is no telling if other people will be able to find reliable sources, or any sources at all for that matter, that support your claim. You should know where to find them (if there really are any at all).

ChairmanJoeAintMyPrez

Quote from: Mattchew83 on November 24, 2021, 10:43:49 AM
Yet again you show yourself to be a narcissist. You make statements and then expect the people that you are preaching to...to go and do your dirty work for you. IF YOU MAKE A STATEMENT THEN YOU SHOULD PROVIDE THE SUPPORTING EVIDENCE BEHIND YOUR STATEMENT. To expect the people you are preaching to to do so is narcissist. Aside from you being a narcissist on the matter, there is no telling if other people will be able to find reliable sources, or any sources at all for that matter, that support your claim. You should know where to find them (if there really are any at all).

It's called "having a conversation".  Have you tried it before?

If you want a citation ask for it.

clau clau

I remember reading "Waiting for the Apocalypse" by Veronica Chater. I think her Dad thought Portugal was the answer.  TLDR; it wasn't.

Man, that book was depressing.
Father time has an undefeated record.

But when he's dumb and no more here,
Nineteen hundred years or near,
Clau-Clau-Claudius shall speak clear.
(https://completeandunabridged.blogspot.com/2009/06/i-claudius.html)

Aulef

Quote from: ChairmanJoeAintMyPrez on November 24, 2021, 10:39:20 AM

Look in the mirror.

I used to always give answers like you but unfortunately not everyone takes it easy. Maybe you should take his defensive reactions into account in order to improve yourself.
Tota pulchra es, Maria
Et macula originalis non est in Te

ChairmanJoeAintMyPrez

Quote from: Aulef on November 24, 2021, 01:26:01 PM
I used to always give answers like you but unfortunately not everyone takes it easy. Maybe you should take his defensive reactions into account in order to improve yourself.

YoU aRrOgAnT nArCiSsIsT!
/s

Yes, point taken.  A conciliatory approach should always be preferred when a question is asked in good faith.

A conciliatory approach should even be preferred when a question is asked in bad faith, as long as the question is asked privately.

But when a question is asked in bad faith, on a public forum, there's a competing responsibility to ensure that future readers don't form a wrong impression on the subject of discussion.

This poster has demonstrated that he is not asking questions in good faith.  Anyone who disagrees is perceived as attacking him personally.