The Parish Hall > Arts and Leisure

Anyone see “Amadeus”?

(1/2) > >>

TheReturnofLive:
Just saw it a second time - thoughts? Message? Historical accuracy? Overrated / should be seen by everyone?

Michael Wilson:
Some of it, especially the music was fantastic; the enmity between he and Saliery is exagerated (I was told); also Salieri's explanation to the priest why he hated God (because of his one chance to gain renown, co-operating with Mozart's last musical composition), left the priest at a loss for words; just a cheap shot at the Church.

Jacob:

--- Quote from: Michael Wilson on June 10, 2021, 10:33:46 AM ---Some of it, especially the music was fantastic;
--- End quote ---
Well, of course, it is all Mozart. :D

--- Quote from: Michael Wilson on June 10, 2021, 10:33:46 AM ---the enmity between he and Saliery is exagerated (I was told);
--- End quote ---
Yes.  In real life they were friends from what can be gleaned from history.

--- Quote from: Michael Wilson on June 10, 2021, 10:33:46 AM ---also Salieri's explanation to the priest why he hated God (because of his one chance to gain renown, co-operating with Mozart's last musical composition), left the priest at a loss for words; just a cheap shot at the Church.
--- End quote ---
Do you mean that Salieri's hate is a cheap shot at the Church?  I'm not sure what you mean here with that last semi colon.

Heinrich:
The mental invalid meekly asking for a blessing was my favorite scene. The scene with a daffy M. and the stern Archbishop resonated, too.

red solo cup:
I found it quite entertaining.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

There was an error while thanking
Thanking...
Go to full version