The Church Courtyard > Non-Catholic Discussion Subforum

Pastor Steven Anderson Exposed - Documentary

<< < (2/5) > >>

Gardener:
"I wouldn't give you a dime for that Greek lexicon, anyway." - Steve Anderson

What a queer statement.

Gardener:
I don't typically like Dimond Brothers' videos like this as I've caught them in splicing quotes, cutting out stuff which changed the context of the original speaker, etc. However, I came from a milieu which is very in line w/ Steven Anderson's basic message, so I *do* know what they actually say in general. In this one, they have not butchered quotes or anything which is convenient for their argument. So far this is a very, very good look into the OSAS (Once Saved Always Saved) mindset and its inconsistency, their ignorance as to the holistic understanding of Scripture (a la the unfortunate double-edged sword of the chapter/verse issue), their ignorance or twisting of the semantic range of Greek (though my dad would use the Greek to confuse and terrify the Jehovah's Witnesses and Mormons who came to the door), etc.

Sadly, Steven Anderson's wife ("wife"?) is a fallen away Catholic.

DigitalLogos:
So, for the OSAS crowd, if a homo gets baptized and is then "saved" but then turns back to their sinful lifestyle anyway. Are they still "saved" or not? If not, and one can fall back into damnation, then one cannot be "always saved." What am I not getting here?

Gardener:

--- Quote from: DigitalLogos on June 03, 2021, 06:07:49 PM ---So, for the OSAS crowd, if a homo gets baptized and is then "saved" but then turns back to their sinful lifestyle anyway. Are they still "saved" or not? If not, and one can fall back into damnation, then one cannot be "always saved." What am I not getting here?

--- End quote ---

Generally speaking, they do not view Baptism as salvific per se. It would also depend on if they view backsliding as indication of not being saved (despite not believing in a mortal/venial distinction of sins, which brings in issues of falling into sin but still saved vs being "saved" and then turning back to grave sin at some later time).

For many, it falls into the "No True Scotsman" fallacy. As in, such a person was never saved to begin with because if you are "saved" you will be a new man.

What you're not getting is you're trying to draw consistency and internal systemic coherence out of an inconsistent and internally incoherent system. Once one plunges beyond the surface of the body of Baptist waters, they find nothing but darkness and confusion, skilled carnival hucksters who would recoil at a language expert showing them the errors of their Greek ways, and a "Bible-based" belief system that's as foreign to the Bible and historically demonstrable practice as James Martin, EthJ is to orthodox Catholicism.

Elizabeth.2:
I haven't enjoyed these guys in a while  ;D  I still like to think they are MK-Ultra kids out of the Stanford Research Institute running amok. (think about it!! ;D)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

There was an error while thanking
Thanking...
Go to full version