putting my hat in ring

Started by voxxpopulisuxx, May 28, 2014, 10:29:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

voxxpopulisuxx

With the sudden retirement of Bonnie...I would like to offer my time to help with moderation. I think I offer a unique perspective as an easter rite trad...and I have a grey beard.
Lord Jesus Christ Most High Son of God have Mercy On Me a Sinner (Jesus Prayer)

"You can never cross the ocean until you have the courage to lose sight of the shore." – Christopher Columbus
911!
"Let my name stand among those who are willing to bear ridicule and reproach for the truth's sake, and so earn some right to rejoice when the victory is won. "— Louisa May Alcott

"From man's sweat and God's love, beer came into the world."St. Arnold (580-640)

Geocentrism holds no possible atheistic downside.

tmw89

Voxxpop for Mod 2014!  I second this proposal.  :thumbsup:
Quote from: Bishop WilliamsonThe "promise to respect" as Church law the New Code of Canon Law is to respect a number of supposed laws directly contrary to Church doctrine.

---

http://tradblogs.blogspot.com

NOW OPEN:  A new Trad forum featuring Catholic books, information, and discussion!

Kaesekopf

There are no current plans to replace or fill Bonaventure's vacated moderation position.

If at some point I want to add someone, I will let that be known appropriately.

Thanks though.  :)
Wie dein Sonntag, so dein Sterbetag.

I am not altogether on anybody's side, because nobody is altogether on my side.  ~Treebeard, LOTR

Jesus son of David, have mercy on me.

The Curt Jester

If you want the position, pretend that being a moderator is the last thing you'd want on earth.   Then you'll get picked.
The royal feast was done; the King
Sought some new sport to banish care,
And to his jester cried: "Sir Fool,
Kneel now, and make for us a prayer!"

The jester doffed his cap and bells,
And stood the mocking court before;
They could not see the bitter smile
Behind the painted grin he wore.

He bowed his head, and bent his knee
Upon the Monarch's silken stool;
His pleading voice arose: "O Lord,
Be merciful to me, a fool!"

voxxpopulisuxx

Quote from: The Curt Jester on May 28, 2014, 12:09:26 PM
If you want the position, pretend that being a moderator is the last thing you'd want on earth.   Then you'll get picked.
Who me??? You out of your mind
Im the last one u want

"You can never cross the ocean until you have the courage to lose sight of the shore." – Christopher Columbus
911!
"Let my name stand among those who are willing to bear ridicule and reproach for the truth's sake, and so earn some right to rejoice when the victory is won. "— Louisa May Alcott

"From man's sweat and God's love, beer came into the world."St. Arnold (580-640)

Gardener

A good sign that one is not qualified for an office is they are running for an office.

And let me state, I would not accept even if asked. I do not support the positions of this forum in total and would be unable to violate my conscience in the upholding of those positions.

Plus, I've been a mod before on a non-Religious forum and it was a pain. Herding cats.
"If anyone does not wish to have Mary Immaculate for his Mother, he will not have Christ for his Brother." - St. Maximilian Kolbe

Angelorum

Quote from: voxxpopulisuxx on May 28, 2014, 01:00:20 PM
Who me??? You out of your mind
Im the last one u want

I see what you did there.  ;)
"All men naturally desire to know, but what does knowledge avail without the fear of God? Indeed an humble peasant, that serves God, is better than a proud philosopher, who neglecting himself, considers the course of the heavens." - Thomas à Kempis, Imitation of Christ

Chestertonian

Quote from: Gardener on May 28, 2014, 01:17:48 PM
A good sign that one is not qualified for an office is they are running for an office.
©€¥£?÷¶?and this us wry I'm a monarchist
"I am not much of a Crusader, that is for sure, but at least I am not a Mohamedist!"

MilesChristi

Salic Law

Enviado desde mi SCH-I545 mediante Tapatalk

The world is charged with the grandeur of God.
    It will flame out, like shining from shook foil;
    It gathers to a greatness, like the ooze of oil
Crushed. Why do men then now not reck his rod?
Generations have trod, have trod, have trod;
    And all is seared with trade; bleared, smeared with toil;
    And wears man's smudge and shares man's smell: the soil
Is bare now, nor can foot feel, being shod.

And for all this, nature is never spent;
    There lives the dearest freshness deep down things;
And though the last lights off the black West went
    Oh, morning, at the brown brink eastward, springs —
Because the Holy Ghost over the bent
    World broods with warm breast and with ah! bright wings.

voxxpopulisuxx

Quote from: MilesChristi on May 28, 2014, 02:12:10 PM
Salic Law

Enviado desde mi SCH-I545 mediante Tapatalk
Care to expand?

911!

Heinrich

I can barely moderate my Google+ account so please don't appoint me.
Schaff Recht mir Gott und führe meine Sache gegen ein unheiliges Volk . . .   .                          
Lex Orandi, lex credendi, lex vivendi.
"Die Welt sucht nach Ehre, Ansehen, Reichtum, Vergnügen; die Heiligen aber suchen Demütigung, Verachtung, Armut, Abtötung und Buße." --Ausschnitt von der Geschichte des Lebens St. Bennos.

RobertJS

I wager it won't be a so-called "sede". Even if a sede says it is the 'last thing he'd want on earth', I think the current moderatorship here will literally heed his desire. Unless, of course, it is someone like "John Lane", who has a sede card in his wallet, but wears an SSPX uniform.

ideo mittit illis Deus operationem erroris ut credant mendacio

voxxpopulisuxx

I think Ive expressed a well suited middle of the road position on the sede  issue. And I can sniff out sede dogmatism while still respecting the mere opinion holders...(like myself)

911!

Archer

Quote from: RobertJS on May 30, 2014, 06:11:24 PM

I wager it won't be a so-called "sede". Even if a sede says it is the 'last thing he'd want on earth', I think the current moderatorship here will literally heed his desire. Unless, of course, it is someone like "John Lane", who has a sede card in his wallet, but wears an SSPX uniform.

Is there a particular reason that you continue to post here?
"All the good works in the world are not equal to the Holy Sacrifice of the Mass because they are the works of men; but the Mass is the work of God. Martyrdom is nothing in comparison for it is but the sacrifice of man to God; but the Mass is the sacrifice of God for man." - St. John Vianney