Re: When do the Greetings Change?

Started by SouthpawLink, September 30, 2013, 11:20:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SouthpawLink

I've been wondering at what times during the day/night do the various greetings ("Shouldn't you be sleeping, SouthpawLink," etc) change.
"Is there no exception to the rule forbidding the administration of the Sacraments to baptized non-Catholics who are in good faith? In the case of those who are in good health, the prohibition is absolute; no dispute on this point is possible in view of the repeated explicit declarations of the Holy Office" (Rev. S. Woywod, A Practical Commentary on the Code of Canon Law, vol. I, sec. 625, p. 322ff.).

Contrast the above with the 1983 CIC, Can. 844 §3 & 4: "Catholic ministers administer the sacraments of penance, Eucharist, and anointing of the sick licitly to members of Eastern Churches which do not have full communion with the Catholic Church. . . .  If the danger of death is present or if, in the judgment of the diocesan bishop or conference of bishops, some other grave necessity urges it, Catholic ministers administer these same sacraments licitly also to other Christians not having full communion with the Catholic Church." — The phrase "properly disposed" does not save the canon from error, because the context shows that no conversion is expected on the part of non-Catholics ("manifest Catholic faith in respect to these sacraments" is the sole requirement).

Kaesekopf

Wie dein Sonntag, so dein Sterbetag.

I am not altogether on anybody's side, because nobody is altogether on my side.  ~Treebeard, LOTR

Jesus son of David, have mercy on me.

Penelope

Quote from: Kaesekopf on October 01, 2013, 09:37:03 AM
Midnight, 6am, 12pm, 6pm, IIRC.

I think 10pm, too. Something about shouldn't I be going to bed soon, as though the forum software has no idea how busy I am.

SouthpawLink

"Is there no exception to the rule forbidding the administration of the Sacraments to baptized non-Catholics who are in good faith? In the case of those who are in good health, the prohibition is absolute; no dispute on this point is possible in view of the repeated explicit declarations of the Holy Office" (Rev. S. Woywod, A Practical Commentary on the Code of Canon Law, vol. I, sec. 625, p. 322ff.).

Contrast the above with the 1983 CIC, Can. 844 §3 & 4: "Catholic ministers administer the sacraments of penance, Eucharist, and anointing of the sick licitly to members of Eastern Churches which do not have full communion with the Catholic Church. . . .  If the danger of death is present or if, in the judgment of the diocesan bishop or conference of bishops, some other grave necessity urges it, Catholic ministers administer these same sacraments licitly also to other Christians not having full communion with the Catholic Church." — The phrase "properly disposed" does not save the canon from error, because the context shows that no conversion is expected on the part of non-Catholics ("manifest Catholic faith in respect to these sacraments" is the sole requirement).

SouthpawLink

"It's 5 o'clock somewhere, right, SouthpawLink"

Why, yes, yes it is!  :laugh:

maryslittlegarden

Quote from: SouthpawLink on October 10, 2013, 10:30:07 AM
"It's 5 o'clock somewhere, right, SouthpawLink"

Why, yes, yes it is!  :laugh:

Can't we make it Friday, too?  Please, pretty please?
For a Child is born to us, and a son is given to us, and the government is upon his shoulder: and his name shall be called, Wonderful, Counsellor, God the Mighty, the Father of the world to come, the Prince of Peace

OCLittleFlower

Oooo I just changed the times to West Coast (my real time zone).  Things make much more sense now.
-- currently writing a Trad romance entitled Flirting with Sedevacantism --

???? ?? ?????? ????????? ???, ?? ?????.

piabee

Were there new ones just added? I only remember the night one.

Kaesekopf

I am not altogether on anybody's side, because nobody is altogether on my side.  ~Treebeard, LOTR

per_passionem_eius

Quote from: Kaesekopf on October 10, 2013, 02:09:32 PM
Quote from: piabee on October 10, 2013, 02:08:06 PM

Yes.

Are they tailored to each member?  ;) Or are most Catholics willing to use any excuse to have a little drinkeepoo?

Whosoever will be saved, before all things it is necessary that he hold the Catholic Faith.

http://fatherfeeney.wordpress.com/

Kaesekopf

Quote from: per_passionem_eius on October 10, 2013, 04:28:50 PM

Yes.

Are they tailored to each member?  ;) Or are most Catholics willing to use any excuse to have a little drinkeepoo?

This one is.  ;)

per_passionem_eius

Quote from: Kaesekopf on October 10, 2013, 04:31:42 PM
Quote from: per_passionem_eius on October 10, 2013, 04:28:50 PM

Yes.

This one is.  ;)

Well of all the ...

You might consider a different tailor then.  'Shouldn't you be sleeping' is the most recent greeting I see here before Sunday Mass.  I leave home at 6:30am.  4:30 would be a better time to 'rise and shine' me.  You can keep the other one, ahem, for now.

Whosoever will be saved, before all things it is necessary that he hold the Catholic Faith.

http://fatherfeeney.wordpress.com/