Do you really want a sarcasm font?...

Started by Kaesekopf, July 13, 2015, 12:26:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lynne

Quote from: Lydia Purpuraria on July 13, 2015, 10:18:37 PM

This post made me laugh  :lol: ; then it made me sad  :( when I realized there was no "thanks" button.
Then I wondered what is C++, or PHP.

C++ and PHP are programming languages.  :)
In conclusion, I can leave you with no better advice than that given after every sermon by Msgr Vincent Giammarino, who was pastor of St Michael's Church in Atlantic City in the 1950s:

"My dear good people: Do what you have to do, When you're supposed to do it, The best way you can do it,   For the Love of God. Amen"

red solo cup

non impediti ratione cogitationis

Jayne

Quote from: Rube on July 13, 2015, 05:44:51 PM
Quote from: Arun on July 13, 2015, 05:24:11 PM
Well, Jayne has weighed in with her opinion on this already; and given that she has been using internet forums since ARPANET she aalone has the sole authority on the internet to decide how the internet best works and should function. all hail our digital overlord Jayne....

http://www.suscipedomine.com/forum/index.php?topic=10278.msg220388#msg220388

Since I have Arun on ignore, I do not know how often he makes digs at me, but it seems likely this is not an isolated instance.  I only see it when people quote him doing it.  Is it possible for people to avoid doing this?

ETA:  Just to make this marginally on topic, I had no difficulty in telling that Arun was being sarcastic in his comments above. :)
Jesus, meek and humble of heart, make my heart like unto Thine.

Gardener

Quote from: Jayne on July 18, 2015, 07:10:05 AM
Quote from: Rube on July 13, 2015, 05:44:51 PM
Quote from: Arun on July 13, 2015, 05:24:11 PM
Well, Jayne has weighed in with her opinion on this already; and given that she has been using internet forums since ARPANET she aalone has the sole authority on the internet to decide how the internet best works and should function. all hail our digital overlord Jayne....

http://www.suscipedomine.com/forum/index.php?topic=10278.msg220388#msg220388

Since I have Arun on ignore, I do not know how often he makes digs at me, but it seems likely this is not an isolated instance.  I only see it when people quote him doing it.  Is it possible for people to avoid doing this?

For people to avoid quoting him?

"If anyone does not wish to have Mary Immaculate for his Mother, he will not have Christ for his Brother." - St. Maximilian Kolbe

Jayne

Quote from: Gardener on July 18, 2015, 09:31:29 AM
Quote from: Jayne on July 18, 2015, 07:10:05 AM

For people to avoid quoting him?

Just to avoid quoting him when he is making comments about me, not in general.

When my name is in a post it catches my eye, so it is hard to skim over it the way I normally do. 

For the record, I do not want Arun to get banned and I do not intend to report this sort of thing from him.   I would not like seeing the moderators accused of being under my control. 

Arun

if somebody could quote this, it'd be nice: Jayne i wasn't taking a dig i was referencing the fact that you reference the fact that you've been on bbs's for a long, long time and doing it in a silly humourous way that played into the topic of the thread. ARPANET, come on... that's pretty funny.

SIT TIBI COPIA
SOT SAPIENCIA
FORMAQUE DETUR
INQUINAT OMNIA SOLA
SUPERBIA SICOMETETUR

Quote from: St.Justin on September 25, 2015, 07:57:25 PM
Never lose Hope... Take a deep breath and have a beer.

Mother Aubert Pray For Us!

vsay ego sudba V rukah Gospodnih

LausTibiChriste

Quote from: Arun on July 18, 2015, 04:09:39 PM
if somebody could quote this, it'd be nice: Jayne i wasn't taking a dig i was referencing the fact that you reference the fact that you've been on bbs's for a long, long time and doing it in a silly humourous way that played into the topic of the thread. ARPANET, come on... that's pretty funny.

You asked nicely
Lord Jesus Christ, Son Of God, Have Mercy On Me A Sinner

"Nobody is under any moral obligation of duty or loyalty to a state run by sexual perverts who are trying to destroy public morals."
- MaximGun

"Not trusting your government doesn't make you a conspiracy theorist, it means you're a history buff"

Communism is as American as Apple Pie

Arun

Quote from: LausTibiChriste on July 18, 2015, 04:16:48 PM
Quote from: Arun on July 18, 2015, 04:09:39 PM

You asked nicely

thnks bro

SIT TIBI COPIA
SOT SAPIENCIA
FORMAQUE DETUR
INQUINAT OMNIA SOLA
SUPERBIA SICOMETETUR

Jayne

I knew that LTC would do the opposite of what I asked so I pre-emptively put him on ignore.  HA!   :P

LausTibiChriste

Quote from: Jayne on July 18, 2015, 05:09:47 PM
I knew that LTC would do the opposite of what I asked so I pre-emptively put him on ignore.  HA!   :P

I guess all those women were right about me being predictable
Lord Jesus Christ, Son Of God, Have Mercy On Me A Sinner

"Nobody is under any moral obligation of duty or loyalty to a state run by sexual perverts who are trying to destroy public morals."
- MaximGun

"Not trusting your government doesn't make you a conspiracy theorist, it means you're a history buff"

Communism is as American as Apple Pie

Arun

SIT TIBI COPIA
SOT SAPIENCIA
FORMAQUE DETUR
INQUINAT OMNIA SOLA
SUPERBIA SICOMETETUR

Chestertonian

forget a sarcasm font there needs to be a forum equivalent of this

"I am not much of a Crusader, that is for sure, but at least I am not a Mohamedist!"

The Curt Jester

It would be useless.  I'm always sarcastic and I would never use the font.
The royal feast was done; the King
Sought some new sport to banish care,
And to his jester cried: "Sir Fool,
Kneel now, and make for us a prayer!"

The jester doffed his cap and bells,
And stood the mocking court before;
They could not see the bitter smile
Behind the painted grin he wore.

He bowed his head, and bent his knee
Upon the Monarch's silken stool;
His pleading voice arose: "O Lord,
Be merciful to me, a fool!"

Rube

Quote from: The Curt Jester on July 18, 2015, 06:26:42 PM
It would be useless.  I'm always sarcastic and I would never use the font.

And it doesn't bother you that the Saint avoided being sarcastic?