Little Office and Our Lady of Guadalupe

Started by Jayne, December 12, 2013, 12:44:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jayne

The LOBVM has certain changes to the usual Advent prayers on feasts of Our Lady.  For example, one says the Te Deum at Matins.  Does this include Our Lady of Guadalupe?  I think it is a local rather than universal feast.
Jesus, meek and humble of heart, make my heart like unto Thine.

Der Polka-König

I believe it follows your local calendar.  So in the USA, Dec 12 is a I Class feast of Our Lady (not sure what it is for you Canadians off the top of my head, but I'm sure it's a feast day there as well), thus the Te Deum was indeed added.
"The Modernists pass the same judgment on the most holy Fathers of the Church as they pass on tradition; decreeing, with amazing effrontery that, while personally most worthy of all veneration, they were entirely ignorant of history and criticism, for which they are only excusable on account of the time in which they lived. Finally, the Modernists try in every way to diminish and weaken the authority of the ecclesiastical magisterium itself by sacrilegiously falsifying its origin, character, and rights, and by freely repeating the calumnies of its adversaries."

-- St Pius X, Pascendi Dominici Gregis

Jayne

Thanks.  That's what I guessed, so I did say the Te Deum, etc.
Jesus, meek and humble of heart, make my heart like unto Thine.