Author Topic: TV You're Watching  (Read 111650 times)

Offline red solo cup

• John 6:56
  • St. Joseph's Workbench
  • Feldwebel
  • Religion: Fair weather Catholic
Re: TV You're Watching
« Reply #1185 on: December 31, 2017, 03:55:37 PM »
Indian Detective on Netflix. Meh.
"Come all you good rats we'll send you to heaven. You'll find the Pearly Gates in the froth and the foam"

Offline red solo cup

• St. Joseph's Workbench
  • Feldwebel
« Reply #1186 on: January 03, 2018, 05:49:28 AM »
Godless on Netflix starring Michelle Dockery (Lady Mary Crawley on Downton Abbey). Some brief nudity but still very good.
"Come all you good rats we'll send you to heaven. You'll find the Pearly Gates in the froth and the foam"

Offline Greg

• St. Joseph's Workbench
  • Major
  • Religion: Kung Fu
« Reply #1187 on: January 03, 2018, 10:30:11 AM »
Decided to ditch Netflix for good.  For a while it seemed like they had no overarching agenda to push homosexual subplots and so I could watch a show without needing to worry about skipping over main characters sodomizing each other, but after some online research today it very much appears Netflix are following the BBC in their determination to push and normalise turd burglars at every opportunity.

Not prepared to pay them to be propagandized.  Not that I am paying, (our nanny is).

Might have to start watching Russian movies with subtitles.

Offline Jayne

• Mary Garden
  • Major
  • Comic Sans Frontières
  • Religion: Roman Catholic
« Reply #1188 on: January 03, 2018, 10:46:20 AM »
Decided to ditch Netflix for good.  For a while it seemed like they had no overarching agenda to push homosexual subplots and so I could watch a show without needing to worry about skipping over main characters sodomizing each other, but after some online research today it very much appears Netflix are following the BBC in their determination to push and normalise turd burglars at every opportunity.

Not prepared to pay them to be propagandized.  Not that I am paying, (our nanny is).

Might have to start watching Russian movies with subtitles.

I agree.   :eek:

I gave up on Western entertainment and switched to South Korean TV with subtitles.  And I started to learn Korean.
Jesus, meek and humble of heart, make my heart like unto Thine.

Offline Bernadette

• Mary Garden
  • Hauptmann
  • Religion: Roman Catholic
« Reply #1189 on: January 03, 2018, 07:50:28 PM »
BBC's Father Brown series. They've changed the stories quite a bit.  :-\
"Though she be but little, she is fierce." A Midsummer Night's Dream, Act III Scene ii

The following users thanked this post: PerEvangelicaDicta

Offline Jacob

• St. Joseph's Workbench
  • Wachtmeister
« Reply #1190 on: January 03, 2018, 10:56:59 PM »

Father Brown is Father Dowling in Britain, minus Sister Steve, but plus a village full of quirky English.  I watched two episodes and then said no more.

Tonight I watched The X-Files.  This season actually promises to go somewhere. :D
“Arguing with anonymous strangers on the Internet is a sucker's game because they almost always turn out to be—or to be indistinguishable from—self-righteous sixteen-year-olds possessing infinite amounts of free time.”
--Neal Stephenson

Offline red solo cup

• St. Joseph's Workbench
  • Feldwebel
« Reply #1191 on: January 09, 2018, 04:38:52 PM »
La Mante on Netflix. Not bad. Lots of French angst.

Offline martin88nyc

• St. Joseph's Workbench
  • Feldwebel
  • Religion: Catholic
« Reply #1192 on: January 09, 2018, 04:45:47 PM »

Father Brown is Father Dowling in Britain, minus Sister Steve, but plus a village full of quirky English.  I watched two episodes and then said no more.

Tonight I watched The X-Files.  This season actually promises to go somewhere. :D
No they actually made new series and they are quite enjoyable. I love the actor who plays Fr. Brown. And yes they have changed the stories a lot but at least you don't get bored.
"These things I have spoken to you, that in me you may have peace. In the world you shall have distress: but have confidence, I have overcome the world." John 16:33

Offline red solo cup

• St. Joseph's Workbench
  • Feldwebel
« Reply #1193 on: January 13, 2018, 07:12:28 AM »
The Frozen Dead on Netflix. Not bad.

Offline red solo cup

• St. Joseph's Workbench
  • Feldwebel
« Reply #1194 on: January 29, 2018, 09:27:18 AM »
Jonathan Strange and Mr Norrell on Netflix. Vey good. Much better than the book.

Offline Lynne

• happy to be Catholic!
  • Mary Garden
  • Hauptmann
  • We're all special snowflakes
  • Religion: Catholic (SSPX)
« Reply #1195 on: January 29, 2018, 03:32:53 PM »

No they actually made new series and they are quite enjoyable. I love the actor who plays Fr. Brown. And yes they have changed the stories a lot but at least you don't get bored.

The stories are always salacious and Father Brown seems rather ecumenical...  :(
In conclusion, I can leave you with no better advice than that given after every sermon by Msgr Vincent Giammarino, who was pastor of St Michael’s Church in Atlantic City in the 1950s:

“My dear good people: Do what you have to do, When you’re supposed to do it, The best way you can do it,   For the Love of God. Amen.”

The following users thanked this post: Jayne, Jacob, PerEvangelicaDicta

Offline maryslittlegarden

• Mary Garden
  • Feldwebel
« Reply #1196 on: February 10, 2018, 04:05:04 PM »
Been on a West Wing kick for awhile.
I arose, and am still with Thee, alleluia; Thou hast laid Thy hand upon me, alleluia; Thy knowledge is become wonderful, alleluia, alleluia. -- (Ps. 138. 1, 2). Lord, Thou hast searched Me and known Me; Thou knowest my sitting down and My rising up. V.: Glory to the Father . . . -- I arose, and am still with Thee, alleluia .

Offline red solo cup

• St. Joseph's Workbench
  • Feldwebel
« Reply #1197 on: February 12, 2018, 05:57:32 AM »
Tried to watch Altered Carbon on Netflix. Looked promising but got dumber and dumber as it went along.

Offline martin88nyc

• St. Joseph's Workbench
  • Feldwebel
« Reply #1198 on: February 12, 2018, 03:49:30 PM »

The stories are always salacious and Father Brown seems rather ecumenical...  :(
Yes I have noticed that by now, especially his toleration of "voodoo"
"These things I have spoken to you, that in me you may have peace. In the world you shall have distress: but have confidence, I have overcome the world." John 16:33

Offline Lynne

• happy to be Catholic!
  • Mary Garden
  • Hauptmann
  • We're all special snowflakes
  • Religion: Catholic (SSPX)
« Reply #1199 on: February 12, 2018, 06:41:41 PM »

Yes I have noticed that by now, especially his toleration of "voodoo"

Oh brother! I was disappointed because I liked all the characters but the storylines are bad...
In conclusion, I can leave you with no better advice than that given after every sermon by Msgr Vincent Giammarino, who was pastor of St Michael’s Church in Atlantic City in the 1950s:

“My dear good people: Do what you have to do, When you’re supposed to do it, The best way you can do it,   For the Love of God. Amen.”