Anti Jewish litmus test for "true" Catholicism

Started by Greg, September 10, 2018, 02:47:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Optatus

I think I would mainly be surprised by the sheer insanity and boldness of it more than anything else, hence my cautious skepticism. What it really shows is that I'm unable to comprehend the workings of the mind of such a Zionist, who disbelieves a thing and yet would use it to play a very dangerous game.

Gardener

Sheer insanity and boldness is sort of the hallmark characteristic of modern Israel.

"If anyone does not wish to have Mary Immaculate for his Mother, he will not have Christ for his Brother." - St. Maximilian Kolbe

Larry

Quote from: Xavier on September 12, 2018, 05:50:47 AM
Yes, the temple in Jerusalem is never to be rebuilt and its attempted construction is a mark of antichrist. When the pagan Julian the apostate attempted it, this is what the holy Fathers wrote.

"Theodoret (A.D. 397-451)
"Ecclesiastical History" https://www.fisheaters.com/juliantemple.html
Book III, Chapter XV

QuoteJulian, who had made his soul a home of destroying demons, went his corybantic way, ever raging against true religion. He accordingly now armed the Jews too against the believers in Christ. He began by enquiring of some whom he got together why, though their law imposed on them the duty of sacrifices, they offered none. On their reply that their worship was limited to one particular spot, this enemy of God immediately gave directions for the re-erection of the destroyed temple, supposing in his vanity that he could falsify the prediction of the Lord, of which, in reality, he exhibited the truth. The Jews heard his words with delight and made known his orders to their countrymen throughout the world. They came with haste from all directions, contributing alike money and enthusiasm for the work; and the emperor made all the provisions he could, less from the pride of munificence than from hostility to the truth. He despatched also as governor a fit man to carry out his impious orders. It is said that they made mattocks, shovels, and baskets of silver. When they had begun to dig and to carry out the earth a vast multitude of them went on with the work all day, but by night the earth which had been carried away shifted back from the ravine of its own accord. They destroyed moreover the remains of the former construction, with the intention of building everything up afresh; but when they had got together thousands of bushels of chalk and lime, of a sudden a violent gale blew, and storms, tempests and whirlwinds scattered everything far and wide. They still went on in their madness, nor were they brought to their senses by the divine longsuffering. Then first came a great earthquake, fit to strike terror into the hearts of men quite ignorant of God's dealings; and, when still they were not awed, fire running from the excavated foundations burnt up most of the diggers, and put the rest to flight. Moreover when a large number of men were sleeping at night in an adjacent building it suddenly fell down, roof and all, and crushed the whole of them. On that night and also on the following night the sign of the cross of salvation was seen brightly shining in the sky, and the very garments of the Jews were filled with crosses, not bright but black. When God's enemies saw these things, in terror at the heaven-sent plagues they fled, and made their way home, confessing the Godhead of Him who had been crucified by their fathers. Julian heard of these events, for they were repeated by every one.But like Pharaoh he hardened his heart."

Our prayers should be the same as that of St. Paul, that our friends who are Jews may be delivered from the errors of the Talmud, and come to salvation in Jesus Christ, and blessings through Mary His Mother.

Quote"Towards the end of time, Our Lord Jesus Christ will effect the reconciliation of His former persecutor Israel with Himself. Everybody who knows Holy Scripture is aware that, in the course of time, this people will return to the love of Christ by the submission of faith.... Yes, one day, after the conversion of the Gentiles, Israel will be converted, and the Jews will be astonished at the treasure they will find in Christ" (Commentary on Genesis, Bk. 5).

Another thought among the Fathers, and it is based on the eleventh chapter of Romans, is the idea that the zeal of the converted Jews will be the occasion of a restoration of the apostate Gentiles, who have despised the rule of Christ the King. Father Fahey speculates that the converted Jews will be heartbroken over their former opposition to Our Lord and His Church, and this contrition will fuel their charity to convert all men"
http://catholicism.org/ad-rem-no-310.html

St. James the Just for 30 years as first Bishop of Jerusalem wept and prayed for his people. And so holy was he that some even of the unbelievers said that Jerusalem would now surely be destroyed when he was wickedly martyred around 63 A.D. Yet in perfect imitation of his Divine Master, his last plea for them was a prayer of forgiveness.

Are there men like St. James and St. Paul in Christendom today? That is what we need above all for the hastening of Israel's conversion to Christ.

The conversion of the Jews will mark the beginning of the age of peace.

What's interesting is that Jewish and secular sources, including the Jewish Encyclopedia, confirm the story of Julian's attempt to rebuild the Temple. And Josephus confirms that many Jews believed the Temple was destroyed as punishment for the murder of James.
"At the evening of life, we shall be judged on our love."-St. John of the Cross

awkwardcustomer

Is this happening because the gentiles have rejected Christ?
And formerly the heretics were manifest; but now the Church is filled with heretics in disguise.  
St Cyril of Jerusalem, Catechetical Lecture 15, para 9.

And what rough beast, it's hour come round at last,
Slouches towards Bethlehem to be born?
WB Yeats, 'The Second Coming'.

King Wenceslas

Quote from: christulsa on September 10, 2018, 03:08:59 PM
Edit:. By the way, my great-grandfather was gased at Auschwitz for being racially half Jewish (he was Lutheran) and protesting Hitler in the streets in defense of the Jews. True.

Wow, Christulsa.  Your great-grandfather died at Auschwitz?!  My sympathies. 

::)

Well that is not true. Hitler never killed any Jew in a gas chamber you know. He was fighting the good fight against world Jewry. Trying to save the world from the Jews taking over the world. It was Churchill, Stalin, and Roosevelt that were truly the evil ones. They were the dirty evil Jews conspiring against Germany.

(Infinite sarcasm)

red solo cup

Quote from: dellery on September 11, 2018, 04:34:02 PM
Quote from: awkwardcustomer on September 11, 2018, 03:05:58 PM
Quote from: Larry on September 11, 2018, 01:22:20 PM
I believe that the Abomination of Desolation and the Man of Sin entering the Temple of God actually applies to the Church, and could explain the diabolical infiltration of the Church. Having said that, it doesn't mean that the Jews won't rebuild the Temple, which could also be a sign of the times. Who knows what's going on anymore?

It seems to be a matter of opinion.

Here is the opinion of St Cyril of Jerusalem, Catechetical Lecture 15, para 15, in which he claims that the Man of Sin will sit in the rebuilt temple in Jerusalem.

And again he says, Who opposes and exalts himself against all that is called God, or that is worshipped; (against every God; Antichrist forsooth will abhor the idols,) so that he seats himself in the temple of God.  What temple then? He means, the Temple of the Jews which has been destroyed. For God forbid that it should be the one in which we are! Why say we this? That we may not be supposed to favour ourselves. For if he comes to the Jews as Christ, and desires to be worshipped by the Jews, he will make great account of the Temple, that he may more completely beguile them; making it supposed that he is the man of the race of David, who shall build up the Temple which was erected by Solomon.

http://www.newadvent.org/fathers/310115.htm

Thanks for the St. Cyril quote, ac.

The passage:
Quotemaking it supposed that he is the man of the race of David
is especially interesting to me because the difficulty in determining whether Zionism is a creation of the Germans or Jews. In fact, after having read and studied the Protocols several times I'm convinced they're authentic, but again am faced with the same quandary: were they written by Germans or Jews? For a while I actually thought the Protocols were written by pre-Hitler "Nazis", now I'm back to being uncertain.

It also strikes me as the unification of the Prussian lead German state and the seizing of the vanguard by Zionists within world wide Jewery are in some way complimentary, or even related, but so far any evidence to actually prove this has eluded me.
For the origins of the Protocols, you might want to take a look at Jacob Brafman's The Book of Kahal.
non impediti ratione cogitationis

dellery

Quote from: red solo cup on September 13, 2018, 04:57:40 AM

For the origins of the Protocols, you might want to take a look at Jacob Brafman's The Book of Kahal.

Certainly will. Many thanks for this recommendation!

Just read a Wikipedia summary and this immediately jumped out:
QuoteBrafman; who had his own personal conflict with the kahal as a young man; argued that the kahal existed as a tyranny against individual Jews, while also being a system which enabled the exploitation of their non-Jewish neighbours.
Blessed are those who plant trees under whose shade they will never sit.

The closer you get to life the better death will be; the closer you get to death the better life will be.

Nous Defions
St. Phillip Neri, pray for us.