Complete list of Indulgences online/anyone have a personal favorite handy list?

Started by Xavier, September 01, 2018, 05:17:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Xavier

Does anyone have access to versions of the Enchiridion of Indulgences earlier than 1968? I've seen some Indulgences (Eucharistic Adoration, devout Scripture reading for half an hour etc) in the new version here and some traditional ones on the prayers for holy souls page at Catholic Tradition. Anyone have more information?

Also, folks, have some personal favorite or easily/universally practicable indulgences it would be good for all of us to work to obtain that you would like to share?

Thanks.
Bible verses on walking blamelessly with God, after being forgiven from our former sins. Some verses here: https://dailyverses.net/blameless

"[2] He that walketh without blemish, and worketh justice:[3] He that speaketh truth in his heart, who hath not used deceit in his tongue: Nor hath done evil to his neighbour: nor taken up a reproach against his neighbours.(Psalm 14)

"[2] For in many things we all offend. If any man offend not in word, the same is a perfect man."(James 3)

"[14] And do ye all things without murmurings and hesitations; [15] That you may be blameless, and sincere children of God, without reproof, in the midst of a crooked and perverse generation; among whom you shine as lights in the world." (Phil 2:14-15)

Lynne

In conclusion, I can leave you with no better advice than that given after every sermon by Msgr Vincent Giammarino, who was pastor of St Michael's Church in Atlantic City in the 1950s:

"My dear good people: Do what you have to do, When you're supposed to do it, The best way you can do it,   For the Love of God. Amen"

Kaesekopf

Quote from: Xavier on September 01, 2018, 05:17:56 AM
Does anyone have access to versions of the Enchiridion of Indulgences earlier than 1968? I've seen some Indulgences (Eucharistic Adoration, devout Scripture reading for half an hour etc) in the new version here and some traditional ones on the prayers for holy souls page at Catholic Tradition. Anyone have more information?

Also, folks, have some personal favorite or easily/universally practicable indulgences it would be good for all of us to work to obtain that you would like to share?

Thanks.
Any indulgences from pre68, unless expressly maintained, are no longer indulgences, just... fyi. 

Sent from my STV100-1 using Tapatalk

Wie dein Sonntag, so dein Sterbetag.

I am not altogether on anybody's side, because nobody is altogether on my side.  ~Treebeard, LOTR

Jesus son of David, have mercy on me.

Lynne

Quote from: Kaesekopf on September 01, 2018, 08:09:47 PM

Thanks.
Any indulgences from pre68, unless expressly maintained, are no longer indulgences, just... fyi. 

True, but there are many beautiful prayers and devotions in the document. It certainly wouldn't be harmful to one's faith to practice any of them. 
In conclusion, I can leave you with no better advice than that given after every sermon by Msgr Vincent Giammarino, who was pastor of St Michael's Church in Atlantic City in the 1950s:

"My dear good people: Do what you have to do, When you're supposed to do it, The best way you can do it,   For the Love of God. Amen"

Kaesekopf

Quote from: Lynne on September 02, 2018, 03:20:26 AM
Quote from: Kaesekopf on September 01, 2018, 08:09:47 PM

Thanks.

True, but there are many beautiful prayers and devotions in the document. It certainly wouldn't be harmful to one's faith to practice any of them.
No arguments there! 

Wie dein Sonntag, so dein Sterbetag.

I am not altogether on anybody's side, because nobody is altogether on my side.  ~Treebeard, LOTR

Jesus son of David, have mercy on me.