Which saints should I be praying to for physical healing and mental.

Started by martin88nyc, April 08, 2018, 05:34:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

martin88nyc

And which devotions in particular are known to help in this regard. I would like to pray routinely everyday. 
Any patron saints of GI provlems?
"These things I have spoken to you, that in me you may have peace. In the world you shall have distress: but have confidence, I have overcome the world." John 16:33

Chestertonian

St. John of God is my go to.  He devoted his life for caring for the sick and experienced being put in a mental hospital because his zeal was mistaken for mental illness.  Mental healthcare was dreadful and he was subject to daily beatings because they believed he needed the demons beaten out of him. 
"I am not much of a Crusader, that is for sure, but at least I am not a Mohamedist!"

christulsa

Quote from: martin88nyc on April 08, 2018, 05:34:33 PM
And which devotions in particular are known to help in this regard. I would like to pray routinely everyday. 
Any patron saints of GI provlems?

Padre Pio had serious,  chronic GI problems,  to the point he would frequently vomit so much he'd be confined to bed.
And they were at the bottom of his list of medical ailments.

I don't think there is any other saint who fit into the category of a stigmatist priest victim soul.  I'm not sure how to put it in words, but as a priest he was uniquely an alter Christus, it seems resembling the person and passion of Christ better than any priest in the history of the Church.

(Also,  there's Sts. Cosmos and Damien,  Luke, Raphael,  Blaise, Teresa of Avila,  and Blessed Alexandrina.   Me I just made a litany to them to pray daily)

dymphna17

St Dymphna will help with the depression, anxiety, and over all frustration, Martin.  I've been keeping you in my prayers that you may find an answer for all this, if it is God's will.   :pray3:
?
I adore Thee O Christ, and I bless Thee, because by Thy holy cross Thou hast redeemed the world!

Jesus, Mary, and Joseph save souls!

Of course I wear jeans, "The tornadoes can make dresses immodest." RSC

"Don't waste time in your life trying to get even with your enemies. The grave is a tremendous equalizer. Six weeks after you all are dead, you'll look pretty much the same. Let the Lord take care of those whom you think have harmed you. All you have to do is love and forgive. Try to forget and leave all else to the Master."– Mother Angelica

ServusMariae

Quote from: christulsa on April 08, 2018, 10:35:19 PM
Padre Pio had serious,  chronic GI problems... And they were at the bottom of his list of medical ailments...I don't think there is any other saint who fit into the category of a stigmatist priest victim soul.  I'm not sure how to put it in words, but as a priest he was uniquely an alter Christus, it seems resembling the person and passion of Christ better than any priest in the history of the Church.

St. Padre Pio is technically my birthday Saint, so I cannot recommend him enough. He's awesome.
St. Dymphna has always been the patron over mental illnesses, so you can safely go to her for your emotional health concerns.

but of course, there is always Our Lady & St. Joseph for all-time interecession. You are in my prayers, dear Martin.  :pray1: :pray2: :pray3:

lauermar

St. Timothy

https://www.catholiccompany.com/st-tmothy-prayer-card-medal-i43510/

Saints whose intercession we seek like us to remember them on their feast day by going to mass before or after work. It's nice if you can light a candle and give alms in their name on that day. They like it if you make them known by talking to others about their life and example.

Say a prayer to them at the conclusion of your daily rosary.
"I am not a pessimist. I am not an optimist. I am a realist." Father Malachi Martin (1921-1999)

Lynne

Quote from: lauermar on April 11, 2018, 08:58:28 AM
St. Timothy

https://www.catholiccompany.com/st-tmothy-prayer-card-medal-i43510/

Saints whose intercession we seek like us to remember them on their feast day by going to mass before or after work. It's nice if you can light a candle and give alms in their name on that day. They like it if you make them known by talking to others about their life and example.

Say a prayer to them at the conclusion of your daily rosary.

How appropriate!

St. Timothy became the Bishop of Ephesus and was martyred there in 97 A.D. He was named the patron saint of intestinal disorders and diseases of the stomach. Many Catholics who suffer from these digestive disorders pray to St. Timothy for relief from their suffering.
In conclusion, I can leave you with no better advice than that given after every sermon by Msgr Vincent Giammarino, who was pastor of St Michael's Church in Atlantic City in the 1950s:

"My dear good people: Do what you have to do, When you're supposed to do it, The best way you can do it,   For the Love of God. Amen"

Prayerful

Padre Pio: Pray, hope, and don't worry. Worry is useless. God is merciful and will hear your prayer.