Falsely accused.

Started by Heinrich, January 11, 2018, 07:10:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Heinrich

I would like to ask for names of Saints and their stories of being falsely accused/persecuted. Of course our Lord. And mighty St. John Vianney. Others?
Schaff Recht mir Gott und führe meine Sache gegen ein unheiliges Volk . . .   .                          
Lex Orandi, lex credendi, lex vivendi.
"Die Welt sucht nach Ehre, Ansehen, Reichtum, Vergnügen; die Heiligen aber suchen Demütigung, Verachtung, Armut, Abtötung und Buße." --Ausschnitt von der Geschichte des Lebens St. Bennos.

Carleendiane

Joan of arc-accused of witchcraft, Thomas More accused of disloyalty to the king,  Padre Pio-accused of improper relationships with women,  St Athanasius-accused of heresy,
To board the struggle bus: no whining, board with a smile, a fake one will be found out and put off at next stop, no maps, no directions, going only one way, one destination. Follow all rules and you will arrive. Drop off at pearly gate. Bring nothing.

Kaesekopf

Thomas Aquinas was, after death, persecuted for his writings.

Pretty much any Reformation-era Saint was drug before the Inquisition, it seems like.
Wie dein Sonntag, so dein Sterbetag.

I am not altogether on anybody's side, because nobody is altogether on my side.  ~Treebeard, LOTR

Jesus son of David, have mercy on me.

Miriam_M

Gardener

St. Gerard Majella, Patron of Falsely Accused People.
"If anyone does not wish to have Mary Immaculate for his Mother, he will not have Christ for his Brother." - St. Maximilian Kolbe

Heinrich

Quote from: Gardener on January 12, 2018, 06:24:14 AM
St. Gerard Majella, Patron of Falsely Accused People.

Was he under St. Alphonsus Liguori?
Schaff Recht mir Gott und führe meine Sache gegen ein unheiliges Volk . . .   .                          
Lex Orandi, lex credendi, lex vivendi.
"Die Welt sucht nach Ehre, Ansehen, Reichtum, Vergnügen; die Heiligen aber suchen Demütigung, Verachtung, Armut, Abtötung und Buße." --Ausschnitt von der Geschichte des Lebens St. Bennos.

Gardener

"If anyone does not wish to have Mary Immaculate for his Mother, he will not have Christ for his Brother." - St. Maximilian Kolbe

queen.saints

St. John Bosco was accused of being insane.
I am sorry for the times I have publicly criticized others on this forum, especially traditional Catholic religious, and any other scandalous posts and pray that no one reads or believes these false and ignorant statements.

Non Nobis

All falsely accused are in good company.
[Matthew 8:26]  And Jesus saith to them: Why are you fearful, O ye of little faith? Then rising up he commanded the winds, and the sea, and there came a great calm.

[Job  38:1-5]  Then the Lord answered Job out of a whirlwind, and said: [2] Who is this that wrappeth up sentences in unskillful words? [3] Gird up thy loins like a man: I will ask thee, and answer thou me. [4] Where wast thou when I laid up the foundations of the earth? tell me if thou hast understanding. [5] Who hath laid the measures thereof, if thou knowest? or who hath stretched the line upon it?

Jesus, Mary, I love Thee! Save souls!

Maximilian

Quote from: queen.saints on January 13, 2018, 09:30:56 PM

Yes, that was a funny story.

Two men came in a secured carriage to take Don Bosco to the lunatic asylum. Don Bosco was almost preternaturally strong and agile, as was demonstrated in many of the stories of his life. When they tried to lock him in the carriage, he instead succeeded in locking the two men inside.

Then he told the driver, "You have two dangerous lunatics in your carriage. Drive like the wind and don't let them out or listen to any of their screaming until you have them safely inside the asylum."

Something of the sort had already been intimated to the driver, so he readily did what he was told, not realizing that the passengers were not the originally-intended target.

drummerboy

Quote from: Maximilian on January 13, 2018, 10:44:35 PM

Yes, that was a funny story.

Two men came in a secured carriage to take Don Bosco to the lunatic asylum. Don Bosco was almost preternaturally strong and agile, as was demonstrated in many of the stories of his life. When they tried to lock him in the carriage, he instead succeeded in locking the two men inside.

Then he told the driver, "You have two dangerous lunatics in your carriage. Drive like the wind and don't let them out or listen to any of their screaming until you have them safely inside the asylum."

Something of the sort had already been intimated to the driver, so he readily did what he was told, not realizing that the passengers were not the originally-intended target.

St. Louis de Montfort was known to go into taverns and "compel" the men to go to his sermons as well.  When priests were men...
- I'll get with the times when the times are worth getting with

"I like grumpy old cusses.  Hope to live long enough to be one" - John Wayne

Carleendiane

I am NO saint, let's be clear here. Don't know why I feel compelled to share this Heinrich, but here you go.

As a teenager, yep a long time ago, just after the ice age.....I was working at a Kentucky Fried Chicken. I worked in the back, happily packing boxes, filling containers, making potatoes, listening to music and being a teenager (17). Then boss tells me to get out in front, I am being moved to cashier. I was shaking in my boots. I didn't even want to collect milk money in my catholic grade school. I was terrible with money. So.....I did as told. Worked cashier for a week. Next Monday I'm called into the bosses office. Could not fathom what I may have done. To my utter surprise and humiliation, I was accused of STEALING from the till. I about fell down. About threw up! I found my tongue, it was on the floor. I said in NO way did I steal money from the till. Boss said every night the previous week, only my shift, there was a 10-20 dollar discrepancy.  "No one... no one loses that much money at the till." There were no words for me to say, I had no explanation. So I cried...   :'(  No sympathy, just a terrible stare.....so I just took off my apron and put it on his desk. Then he asked what time I wanted him to pick me up for our Friday night date. He was my boyfriend.  :-\
To board the struggle bus: no whining, board with a smile, a fake one will be found out and put off at next stop, no maps, no directions, going only one way, one destination. Follow all rules and you will arrive. Drop off at pearly gate. Bring nothing.

Chestertonian

I'm not sure if he actually was mentally ill but st st jogb of god was committed and back then these places were full of abuse... He was beaten up every day etc
"I am not much of a Crusader, that is for sure, but at least I am not a Mohamedist!"

Kaesekopf

Quote from: drummerboy on January 14, 2018, 10:25:47 AM
St. Louis de Montfort was known to go into taverns and "compel" the men to go to his sermons as well.  When priests were men...

Random and not quite on-topic, but in Louisville, KY, at the turn of the century, when the Dominican Fathers held their missions, they were able to get each tavern in the parish to close up for the duration of the mission talks.

This led to a standing-room only church for the missions. 
Wie dein Sonntag, so dein Sterbetag.

I am not altogether on anybody's side, because nobody is altogether on my side.  ~Treebeard, LOTR

Jesus son of David, have mercy on me.

Bonaventure

Catherine of Siena had to flee from the convent because the other sisters said "oh, you are salacious and just want the attention of men here." So she became third order.

Thomas More and treason, of course.
"If any man will come after me, let him deny himself, and take up his cross, and follow me."