Author Topic: Bannon snitching on Trump  (Read 1085 times)

Offline maryslittlegarden

• Mary Garden
  • Feldwebel
  • Religion: Catholic
Re: Bannon snitching on Trump
« Reply #15 on: January 10, 2018, 04:19:29 PM »
Can someone explain how a judge can block the rescinding of an executive action by a current President? That makes no sense to me.

Welcome to the rabbit hole. 
I arose, and am still with Thee, alleluia; Thou hast laid Thy hand upon me, alleluia; Thy knowledge is become wonderful, alleluia, alleluia. -- (Ps. 138. 1, 2). Lord, Thou hast searched Me and known Me; Thou knowest my sitting down and My rising up. V.: Glory to the Father . . . -- I arose, and am still with Thee, alleluia .

The following users thanked this post: Lynne

Offline Innocent Smith

• Wachtmeister
  • Religion: Roman Catholic
« Reply #16 on: January 11, 2018, 04:24:04 PM »
Simple assortment of headlines, and an even more simple question. Did any of you vote for this in 2016?

Donald Trump Promises to Sign DACA Amnesty Bill — Even If It Has Things He Doesn’t Like

Donald Trump: ‘We Don’t Need a 2,000-Mile Wall’ on the Entire Southern Border

Trump endorses return to pork-barrel spending projects as means to create unity

Trump Anticipates DACA Fix To Be ‘Bill Of Love’

Looks like Bannon had his number all along. That he found himself boxed in is the explanation for his need to pull punches and make his points obliquely. But what else could he do while he was in charge of a website that is read by cultists who think "Dear Leader" can do no wrong?

Estimates "conservatively" place DACA as costing us $28 Billion.

My late father used to watch the news and after an event say, "This is the part where the reporters tell us what we saw and heard, we didn't see and hear and they're going to tell us what we saw and heard."  The old, "Are you going to believe me or your lying eyes?" 

I watched Trump bring in some of his worst enemies and deftly push them into negotiating without giving any ground.  He started reshuffling the landscape and throw the Swamp creatures off balance.  He pushed for the wall and security and put it on the responsibility of the lawmakers where it belongs, in front of the cameras, so they can't walk out and lie to the press.  Steny Hoyer did not look happy at all. He told him, "But you're going to negotiate with him on those points. You'll offer him half of what he wants now and see where you are…" Hoyer was gritting his teeth and saying,"Comprehensive means comprehensive."   He pushed against the basic premises of what "comprehensive immigration reform" means.  And he didn't say that those particular congressional members were the only ones who would participate.  More meetings in that room with different members is part of the ballgame of creating pressure and leverage. 

Plenty of variables are at work.  DACA amnesty could be permanent legal residence without citizenship and no voting.   I'll take that with the Wall, enforced borders, end of chain-migration and deporting any DACA recipients who get into legal trouble. 

I voted for Trump with the ideals held but I won't fault him for walking away with 2/3rds of what he promised.  Everything he does and plans on doing is better than Hillary, any Democrat and virtually every Republican could or would do. 

Good part of the comment from CTH commenter named "wolfmoon1776" from last year that sums it up.  It was referenced today.  "Trump will not find perfect solutions. He will find OPTIMAL solutions. We cannot ask for more. Trump has stood by and watched Perfect murder Good for 8 years – maybe longer. He’s not gonna do it. He’s going to deliver the best outcome possible, and he’s not waiting for us to feel relaxed about it."

Good comments, Gerard. But I still don't buy it. I was a regular reader and commenter at Sun Dancer's site for most of 2016 up until the election. Immediately following the victory I started to get kind of claustrophobic in the echo chamber over there.

You're a super intelligent man, Gerard. I understand that you can think for yourself and don't need the gang in the Tree House to help you out.

But I cannot get over this statement by Trump, "I will take the heat by signing whatever it is you deliver to me".

He also seemed to contradict himself by agreeing with everyone who spoke.

But Trump has disappointed in just about everything he has done since his victory and he seems rudderless to me. I also get the impression that he really likes getting along with Mitch McConnell and finds it nice and cozy. Well, that can be a good thing if, as you say, he gets to find "optimal" solutions.

I sincerely hope you are right. Thanks for the thoughtful response.
I am going to hold a pistol to the head of the modern man. But I shall not use it to kill him, only to bring him to life.

Offline Gerard

• Feldwebel
  • .. and his raiment became white and glittering
« Reply #17 on: January 12, 2018, 01:13:18 AM »

Good comments, Gerard. But I still don't buy it. I was a regular reader and commenter at Sun Dancer's site for most of 2016 up until the election. Immediately following the victory I started to get kind of claustrophobic in the echo chamber over there.

You're a super intelligent man, Gerard. I understand that you can think for yourself and don't need the gang in the Tree House to help you out.

But I cannot get over this statement by Trump, "I will take the heat by signing whatever it is you deliver to me".

He also seemed to contradict himself by agreeing with everyone who spoke.

But Trump has disappointed in just about everything he has done since his victory and he seems rudderless to me. I also get the impression that he really likes getting along with Mitch McConnell and finds it nice and cozy. Well, that can be a good thing if, as you say, he gets to find "optimal" solutions.

I sincerely hope you are right. Thanks for the thoughtful response.

We can wait and see what happens. When I voted for him, I said, "I'm going to give him every opportunity to let me down." I'll make my next decision on him definitively at the next election.

I didn't view that televised meeting as anything but a "piece" to a much larger dynamic.  If you've read any of Trump's books and seen how he operates in business, a part of the sell is to be enthusiastic and accommodating in order to get the "taste" of success and enthusiasm built up.  That increases it's value and therefore the cost goes up.  He then goes back and starts to bargain more strongly. 

I expect Trump to engage in a push/pull of tensions, engage in hyperbolic charm offensives and denigrating attacks. He's used to dealing with scumbags and getting them to work to his advantage.  He mentions in "the Art of the Deal" how he hired a guy who was skimming an extra 50K per year from him, but kept him on because he was preventing others from doing the same.  He would bust the guy's chops by alluding to it all the time, but he viewed it as making his enemy work to his long term advantage. 

Trump also comments in one of his books about the press that they are always looking for blood in the water and he tries to accommodate them.  So, whenever the press is having a hissy fit, I look at it as him chumming the waters to keep them busy while he does other things. Notice they aren't asking questions about the 'big" issues.  NAFTA and the EPA slush fund shutdown.  They aren't going to do anything but oppose him anyway.  Why not divide up the forces of the left where you can?

So far, I think he's been doing great and on his way to being a more effective President than Reagan.

This is a pretty good list of accomplishments.  ( I wish I had a proportional list of successes to show for my past year.)

http://www.magapill.com

The following users thanked this post: Kaesekopf, Lynne, Carleendiane