I need your eyes.

Started by Bernadette, January 06, 2017, 08:58:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bernadette

We need a sinister smiley.  :lol: I'm trying to figure out which body is the correct size for my reproduction doll head. Please oblige me with your opinion on which one looks better proportioned:

A) 30" body, total height: 36"

B) 24" body, total height: 30"

My Lord and my God.

dymphna17

I would say 'B'.  She's got a really pretty face.  Did you paint it?
?
I adore Thee O Christ, and I bless Thee, because by Thy holy cross Thou hast redeemed the world!

Jesus, Mary, and Joseph save souls!

Of course I wear jeans, "The tornadoes can make dresses immodest." RSC

"Don't waste time in your life trying to get even with your enemies. The grave is a tremendous equalizer. Six weeks after you all are dead, you'll look pretty much the same. Let the Lord take care of those whom you think have harmed you. All you have to do is love and forgive. Try to forget and leave all else to the Master."– Mother Angelica

Bernadette

Quote from: dymphna17 on January 06, 2017, 09:37:24 PM
I would say 'B'.  She's got a really pretty face.  Did you paint it?

:lol: No. I attached the head to the body, that's all. My skills are in the "costuming" department.
My Lord and my God.

Akavit

What's throwing me off is that the second body looks like it has male proportions.   Am I suppose to drop that out of focus and visualize only the overall ratio between head and body?  I'd be tempted to consult Leonardo's Vitruvian Man and lift dimensions off with a divider and scale the project accordingly rather than trusting an intuitive approach.

If you want my un-expert two cents, I concur on the 30-incher.

Bernadette

Quote from: Akavit on January 06, 2017, 10:17:58 PM
What's throwing me off is that the second body looks like it has male proportions.   Am I suppose to drop that out of focus and visualize only the overall ratio between head and body?  I'd be tempted to consult Leonardo's Vitruvian Man and lift dimensions off with a divider and scale the project accordingly rather than trusting an intuitive approach.

If you want my un-expert two cents, I concur on the 30-incher.

Oh, wow. That's surprising. I would say yes, just focus on the proportions. So, B. Noted.  :toth:
My Lord and my God.

Stella Maris

B. I think it looks prettier to have the head a little too big rather than a little too small for the body.

Obrien

Big hair can add some height and width so to be fair we need to see how big the mane on that doll, please.

Lynne

In conclusion, I can leave you with no better advice than that given after every sermon by Msgr Vincent Giammarino, who was pastor of St Michael's Church in Atlantic City in the 1950s:

"My dear good people: Do what you have to do, When you're supposed to do it, The best way you can do it,   For the Love of God. Amen"

Bernadette

24" body it is! :) Body A is now successfully listed on eBay.  :P
My Lord and my God.

MundaCorMeum

Quote from: Bernadette on January 07, 2017, 11:31:09 AM

70% or nothing.....stay strong, Bernadette!

Bernadette

Quote from: MundaCorMeum on January 07, 2017, 11:43:43 AM

That's the thing: I have no pressing need to sell any of my "stock." I can just wait, until someone comes along who sees my asking price as reasonable.  :lol:
My Lord and my God.

MundaCorMeum

Quote from: Bernadette on January 07, 2017, 11:47:57 AM

That's the thing: I have no pressing need to sell any of my "stock." I can just wait, until someone comes along who sees my asking price as reasonable.  :lol:

Sounds like a good place to be to me  :)

Carleendiane

YES!!!! YES!!!!! That is the right one. I liked the proportions better and head size works better with that one.
To board the struggle bus: no whining, board with a smile, a fake one will be found out and put off at next stop, no maps, no directions, going only one way, one destination. Follow all rules and you will arrive. Drop off at pearly gate. Bring nothing.

Bernadette

Sold!  :grin: Now I can have those new coffee cups that I've been coveting: 20 oz, matching set...of "Field and Stream" advertising/brand cups, but that's unimportant. They'll hold lots of coffee, with the occasional drop of tea or cocoa, and they're not hideous, and they're exactly the same which means I'll have plenty of spares, in case one breaks.  :P
My Lord and my God.

Akavit

Quote from: Bernadette on January 13, 2017, 06:26:30 PM
Now I can have those new coffee cups that I've been coveting: 20 oz, matching set...

20oz. coffee mugs, huh?  Now I begin to understand how you can post to the forum at all hours of the day.