It's 4:00 AM And All Is Well

Started by dymphna17, October 11, 2016, 03:20:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lynne

Quote from: dymphna17 on December 28, 2017, 04:12:21 AM
Yep, you guessed it boys and girls, it's that time again.  4:00 am.  Your prize is total exhaustion, bags under your eyes, people constantly asking if you need to lay down, and the blue screen of death playing in your head on a loop!  Yay!  lol  Hope you all are having a good night.   :pray3:   :lol:

{{hugs}}
In conclusion, I can leave you with no better advice than that given after every sermon by Msgr Vincent Giammarino, who was pastor of St Michael's Church in Atlantic City in the 1950s:

"My dear good people: Do what you have to do, When you're supposed to do it, The best way you can do it,   For the Love of God. Amen"

Carleendiane

Yep, you guessed it boys and girls, it's that time again.  4:00 am.  Your prize is total exhaustion, bags under your eyes, people constantly asking if you need to lay down, and the blue screen of death playing in your head on a loop!  Yay!  lol  Hope you all are having a good night.   :pray3:   :lol:

Stop my friend!!!! You make me want to join you! Sounds too good.
To board the struggle bus: no whining, board with a smile, a fake one will be found out and put off at next stop, no maps, no directions, going only one way, one destination. Follow all rules and you will arrive. Drop off at pearly gate. Bring nothing.

dymphna17

Quote from: Carleendiane on December 28, 2017, 08:33:29 AM

Thanks Lynne, I needed that!

And yes, Carleen, a 2 year vacation in Kabul, Afghanistan sounds good too, doesn't it?   ;) :crazy:
?
I adore Thee O Christ, and I bless Thee, because by Thy holy cross Thou hast redeemed the world!

Jesus, Mary, and Joseph save souls!

Of course I wear jeans, "The tornadoes can make dresses immodest." RSC

"Don't waste time in your life trying to get even with your enemies. The grave is a tremendous equalizer. Six weeks after you all are dead, you'll look pretty much the same. Let the Lord take care of those whom you think have harmed you. All you have to do is love and forgive. Try to forget and leave all else to the Master."– Mother Angelica

Carleendiane

Quote from: dymphna17 on December 28, 2017, 08:38:46 AM

Yes and don't for get that island that Greg posted a video about. Sentinel island? Maybe we could pic up some cooking tips!

And yes, Carleen, a 2 year vacation in Kabul, Afghanistan sounds good too, doesn't it?   ;) :crazy:

I think we should visit the sentinel island with the uncivilized. I have a feeling they won't kill us, and may actually like you and i. Its just a feeling I have. Plus...we could chat while squatting and chewing beetle, and tobacco leaves, opioid, and drinking sweet beverages out of coconut shells, all the while working on our tan.
To board the struggle bus: no whining, board with a smile, a fake one will be found out and put off at next stop, no maps, no directions, going only one way, one destination. Follow all rules and you will arrive. Drop off at pearly gate. Bring nothing.

dymphna17

Quote from: Carleendiane on December 28, 2017, 09:05:43 AM
Quote from: dymphna17 on December 28, 2017, 08:38:46 AM

Yes and don't for get that island that Greg posted a video about. Sentinel island? Maybe we could pic up some cooking tips!

I think we should visit the sentinel island with the uncivilized. I have a feeling they won't kill us, and may actually like you and i. Its just a feeling I have. Plus...we could chat while squatting and chewing beetle, and tobacco leaves, opioid, and drinking sweet beverages out of coconut shells, all the while working on our tan.

Be caught drinking out of coconut shells?  I think not, my good woman!  I only drink the highest quality of drinks, I'll have you know.  If I die drinking some insipid bourgeois drink, my family will never hear the end of it.  I owe it to them to keep up with my Jack Daniels habit.   ;) :laugh:
?
I adore Thee O Christ, and I bless Thee, because by Thy holy cross Thou hast redeemed the world!

"Don't waste time in your life trying to get even with your enemies. The grave is a tremendous equalizer. Six weeks after you all are dead, you'll look pretty much the same. Let the Lord take care of those whom you think have harmed you. All you have to do is love and forgive. Try to forget and leave all else to the Master."– Mother Angelica

dymphna17

Ah yes, 4 am, I know you well.  You are with me like another hammer toe (not sure what that is but it sounded like something my doctor would say).  Something I neither want nor need, but yet, here you are.

Speaking of doctors...  Would you be looking for another doctor if your current one is treating animals as well as people?  Just asking... for a friend.  Yes, for a friend!

Just some random, 4 am questions and answers.  If you have any questions, just shoot them my way.  As you probably know, 4 am can be kind of slick and cagey.  You've got to be on your toes with that one!

/sigh
?

MundaCorMeum

Quote from: dymphna17 on January 03, 2018, 04:13:30 AM
Ah yes, 4 am, I know you well.  You are with me like another hammer toe (not sure what that is but it sounded like something my doctor would say).  Something I neither want nor need, but yet, here you are.

Speaking of doctors...  Would you be looking for another doctor if your current one is treating animals as well as people?  Just asking... for a friend.  Yes, for a friend!

Just some random, 4 am questions and answers.  If you have any questions, just shoot them my way.  As you probably know, 4 am can be kind of slick and cagey.  You've got to be on your toes with that one!

/sigh

as long as you're not on your hammer toes, you should be ok  :P

dymphna17

Quote from: MundaCorMeum on January 03, 2018, 03:46:47 PM
Quote from: dymphna17 on January 03, 2018, 04:13:30 AM

/sigh

as long as you're not on your hammer toes, you should be ok  :P

I'm sure I'll laugh at this as soon as I find out what a hammer toe is.   :-\
?

Jayne

QuoteHammertoe is a contracture (bending) deformity of one or both joints of the second, third, fourth or fifth (little) toes. This abnormal bending can put pressure on the toe when wearing shoes, causing problems to develop. Hammertoes usually start out as mild deformities and get progressively worse over time.
Jesus, meek and humble of heart, make my heart like unto Thine.

dymphna17

Technically it's 4:17 am, but you know I'm loyal to you, 4:00 am, just as you are loyal enough to show up every day.  Sadly, I would like very much to break up with you, but you and I both know that isn't going to happen.  So why don't I just accept that you are a staple in my life, like 7 and 10 pm?  Because you just wouldn't be as beneficial to my soul if you were easily acceptable.  As long as you are a pain, I have something to offer to God for those I love (and those I don't  :lol:  ).  So, thank you God for 4:00 am.   :pray3:   :cheeseheadbeer:   8)
?

dymphna17

Yes, it is 4:00 am again and all is well!  That is, unless you are in snow country, in which case you would say, "It's 4:00 am and all is snowy!"  Or if Killary had won the election, we could say, "It's 4:00 am and all will never be well again!"  :lol:

You know, head banging wouldn't be so bad if it wasn't so loud.  Nevermind.  It would be so bad.  So, here's to you, my SD family!   :beer:   May the wind always be at your back and God provide nothing but open road!   :cheeseheadbeer: 8)

* Oh, and PerE, I see you thinking about us!  Say a quick prayer for all those who don't have a comfy bed tonight and one for all of us to Our Lady of Lourdes, turn back over, shut your eyes, listen to the sweet whispers of your Guardian Angel, and drift back to sleep....  Sweet dreams all!   :pray3: :)
?

dymphna17

Here we are again folks!  Hopefully I'm the only one here.  With that as the goal, I think this is the most successful thread ever!!  :lol:  God bless and keep you all.  Oh, and HAPPY FAT TUESDAY!!!  I pray you all have a good Lent.   :pray3: :grouphug:
?

dymphna17

Well, I finally made it.  Been talking to my nephew who's girlfriend was just killed in a car wreck night before last.  :'( :pray3:  Hopefully he'll get some rest tonight.  It's an icy morning again.  We are still in a winter weather advisory.  They've closed all the state government offices in town.  That will cut down on any problems.  I hope Hubby made it to work without any trouble.  It was 4:00 am when I started this, I promise!  :lol:  Have a great day, my SD family!  God bless!   :pray3:
?

dymphna17

Eh, I'm off by 33 minutes.  Is that really a problem?  I didn't think so.  Especially since I was here, but in another thread.  All is well.  Hubby is safely at work after almost being killed yesterday sliding side ways and have a semi barreling down on him, swerving at just the right minute (thank you, Hubby's Guardian Angel!!)  Also, today would have been my Mom's 73rd birthday.  If you could maybe spare an Ave for her, I would appreciate it.   :pray3: Hope all is well with you all too!    :cheeseheadbeer: 8)   Now get out there and make it a great day!!  AMDG!  :cheer:
?

Carleendiane

Quote from: dymphna17 on February 23, 2018, 04:43:24 AM
Eh, I'm off by 33 minutes.  Is that really a problem?  I didn't think so.  Especially since I was here, but in another thread.  All is well.  Hubby is safely at work after almost being killed yesterday sliding side ways and have a semi barreling down on him, swerving at just the right minute (thank you, Hubby's Guardian Angel!!)  Also, today would have been my Mom's 73rd birthday.  If you could maybe spare an Ave for her, I would appreciate it.   :pray3: Hope all is well with you all too!    :cheeseheadbeer: 8)   Now get out there and make it a great day!!  AMDG!  :cheer:

My sweet, dear night traveller. You are making your 4 o'clock rounds I see.

Thank God for hubby'so angel. My goodness that WAS a close call! Thank you, God.

About mom. Already prayed. So, it's been a year, right? Eternal rest O Lord...please.  :pray3: