The Christ of Miñarro

Started by Bonaventure, January 22, 2013, 02:06:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bonaventure

Forum member GottmitunsAlex posted this image in another thread, but I think it's worthy of it's own thread.

Essentially, a group of scientists at the University of Córdoba, Spain created an image of the Crucifixion based on the Shroud of Turin. Thus, it is the most accurate representation of our Lord on the cross.

From site:

"The Christ of the University Brotherhood of Cordoba was created by a sculptor who is also a professor of the University of Seville, Juan Manuel Miñarro.This Christ is the result of the work of a multidisciplinary team of scientists who are researchers of the Shroud. It is the only Shroud-based Crucifix in the world and it reflects, up to the last detail, the multiple traumatisms of the corpse, as they are reflected in the Shroud of Turin.The image represents a body, 1.80 m tall, according to the studies of the Shroud by the universities of Bologna and Pavia. The arms and the cross form a 65 angle. In it, the wounds of the Man in the Shroud of Turin are reproduced exactly.

This Christ is the result of the work of a multidisciplinary team of scientists who are researchers of the Shroud. It is the only Shroud based Crucifix in the world and it reflects, up to the last detail, the multiple traumatisms of the corpse, as they are reflected in the Shroud of Turin.

The image represents a body, 1.80 m tall, according to the studies of the Shroud by the universities of Bologna and Pavia. The arms and the cross form a 65 angle. In it, the wounds of the Man in the Shroud of Turin are reproduced exactly."

See more and high-def images at: http://shroudnm.com/docs/Shroud-Crucifix.pdf

Link to high quality closeup of our Lord's holy face:

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_oXMUpSAfVBY/S8HJHK7ZANI/AAAAAAAAALM/95AFNW3FWQk/s1600/P1100747.JPG

I think all of us can benefit by meditating on these images even for a minute, if we can, daily.
"If any man will come after me, let him deny himself, and take up his cross, and follow me."

poche