Paul Touvier & The SSPX

Started by lauermar, April 08, 2018, 07:05:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

christulsa

Agreed,  Matto.  Good point.

Greg

Quote from: christulsa on April 08, 2018, 05:38:30 PM
Harbored. in. priory.  Do you copy?  Over.

JP2 harboured a known pedophile in the Vatican.

He's now a Saint.
Contentment is knowing that you're right. Happiness is knowing that someone else is wrong.

Miriam_M

Good point, Matto.  I guess I shouldn't assume anything; you're right.  It's just that I've never heard any other reference for that abbreviation among trad groups.  And even then, I wouldn't be meaning to ascribe anything untoward to SGG parish.  It's just that I'm not sure that our dear poster lauermar has all the facts straight in this particular case.  Thanks for your comment.

Heinrich

Maybe M. Touvier was being unjustly prosecuted.
Schaff Recht mir Gott und führe meine Sache gegen ein unheiliges Volk . . .   .                          
Lex Orandi, lex credendi, lex vivendi.
"Die Welt sucht nach Ehre, Ansehen, Reichtum, Vergnügen; die Heiligen aber suchen Demütigung, Verachtung, Armut, Abtötung und Buße." --Ausschnitt von der Geschichte des Lebens St. Bennos.

Kaesekopf

Stop being driven by emotions and we might get somewhere.
Wie dein Sonntag, so dein Sterbetag.

I am not altogether on anybody's side, because nobody is altogether on my side.  ~Treebeard, LOTR

Jesus son of David, have mercy on me.

christulsa

Quote from: Kaesekopf on April 08, 2018, 06:17:22 PM

OK, then why do you justify the Society harboring a Nazi Jew killer in one of their priories.   That point was made several times in this thread.  Re-read your spin. Quite the position to take for the owner of a Catholic forum,  don't you think KK?Less video games. 

Heinrich

Quote from: christulsa on April 08, 2018, 06:22:01 PM

OK, then why do you justify the Society harboring a Nazi Jew killer in one of their priories.   That point was made several times in this thread.  Re-read your spin. Quite the position to take for the owner of a Catholic forum,  don't you think KK?Less video games.

You are becoming emotionally unhinged, dude. Käse never justified any such thing.  Worldly, brainwashed nincompoops recoil in apoplexy anytime the "H" incident is mentioned in historical review, and anyone remotely connected to Germany is given a benefit of doubt. As it was once said, "Lighten up, Francis." --Sgt. Hulka
"Die Welt sucht nach Ehre, Ansehen, Reichtum, Vergnügen; die Heiligen aber suchen Demütigung, Verachtung, Armut, Abtötung und Buße." --Ausschnitt von der Geschichte des Lebens St. Bennos.

christulsa

Quote from: Heinrich on April 08, 2018, 06:37:39 PM

You are becoming emotionally unhinged, dude. Käse never justified any such thing.  Worldly, brainwashed nincompoops recoil in apoplexy anytime the "H" incident is mentioned in historical review, and anyone remotely connected to Germany is given a benefit of doubt. As it was once said, "Lighten up, Francis." --Sgt. Hulka

Um, yeaaahhh.   You might want to re-read the exchange.  I know your generation doesn't like to read and reason things out,  but try and focus.   

They harbored a Jew Killer in their priory.   Do you justify that too?   Crazy

Greg

1.  Perhaps they didn't know.

2.  Perhaps some of the Jews needed killing.  There was a war on after all.  It's a foggy business.  Some of the people they killed would have been communists or political enemies who happened to be Jewish.

3.  Most likely, the priests in the SSPX had some sympathy for him.  A lot of years had passed by then and the Jews do seem to have a psychotic desire for revenge and reminding everyone of their plight every five minutes.  Not a week goes by without being reminded of it.  Gets very wearing to be honest.

If I had to guess, I would say that they harboured him as a political statement against the types of Nazi hunting Jews that these right wing French Catholics would detest.  I would harbour Trump.  Not because I particularly like him, but just because the people who hate Trump and want him jailed or killed I really detest to the marrow of my bones.

You don't see German women baying for the blood of the Soviet Soldiers who raped them

There were British and American civilians tortured and murdered in Japanese prisoner of war camps.  When were you last reminded of that in the newspaper?

Jews and the Holocaust is every phucking week.  It's never out of the newspaper.

The question that is never addressed is why Hitler found it so easy to convince countries he had conquored to hand over their Jews for death camps.  You might think that a conquered country would resist any of the occupiers demands, but in the case of the Jews it appears that almost nobody in Europe liked them.  I think Denmark was about the only country that resisted deporting them.

I am sure there were plenty of good Jews but for some reason, wherever they go, a minority of them piss people off.  Even plenty of Jews realise this.

I actually like Jews.  I like their personalities, so I have never really understood why.
Contentment is knowing that you're right. Happiness is knowing that someone else is wrong.

Heinrich

Quote from: christulsa on April 08, 2018, 06:47:40 PM
Quote from: Heinrich on April 08, 2018, 06:37:39 PM

Um, yeaaahhh.   You might want to re-read the exchange.  I know your generation doesn't like to read and reason things out,  but try and focus.   

They harbored a Jew Killer in their priory.   Do you justify that too?   Crazy

You are arguing per fallacy: begging the question, erroneous information( I am older than you), and ad hominem.

Btw, standard English uses "try to." Your rhetorical here is quite turdy.

christulsa

Sure,  if the Jews were fighting for the enemy,  but there is no indication the 7 he mowed down (woops, sorry KK/Heinrich for the unhinged,  emotional rhetoric) deserved to be killed by Touvier. 

BTW,  I just remembered.  Hadn't even thought of it.  I'm 1/16th Jew.  My German great-grandfather was killed at Auschwitz for being 1/2 Jew (though he was Lutheran) and for protesting Hitler in the town center.  True.

So yeah I think it especially revolting an SSPX Prior would harbor a Nazi war criminal,  even as a political statement.   In the very least it is a serious scandal.   

Carleendiane

Quote from: St.Justin on April 08, 2018, 04:53:54 PM
Quote from: Heinrich on April 08, 2018, 04:14:14 PM
Holocaust "denial" is not a sin.

The one thing I notice is that anyone who questions the numbers or methods of killing the Jews is considered a Holocaust denier much like all white people are racist these days. I am not defending Bishop Williamson but I am not aware that he ever denied the Holocaust.

Oh, he may not have denied, but he certainly downplayed. Have others exaggerated? Oh yes. Is that worse than downmplaying? I don't know. I cannot judge these matters. I only know that there is truth and there is non-truth. When truths are skewed, a wrong has been done. To me. When your ordinary pew sitter can not rely on truth from the pulpit, we are at a loss. To me, no one's agenda matters. I only want truth. And, God would want it so.  God help the betrayer of truth. Because people like me rely on it. I have no agenda. No malfeasance. I just want truth, and I certainly look for it, and expect it from my spiritual leaders!
To board the struggle bus: no whining, board with a smile, a fake one will be found out and put off at next stop, no maps, no directions, going only one way, one destination. Follow all rules and you will arrive. Drop off at pearly gate. Bring nothing.

Maximilian

Quote from: Carleendiane on April 08, 2018, 08:32:24 PM

I only know that there is truth and there is non-truth. When truths are skewed, a wrong has been done. To me. ... I only want truth. And, God would want it so.  God help the betrayer of truth. Because people like me rely on it.  I just want truth, and I certainly look for it, and expect it from my spiritual leaders!

In that case, where is the truth in this situation? Have you done the research? Do you really want to know the truth about the biggest lie of all time, or are you just saying that?

If you really do want only the truth, are you willing to accept the consequences? Like becoming a social outcast? If not, then you can't really talk about wanting only the truth.

Maximilian

To me, no one's agenda matters. I only want truth. And, God would want it so.  God help the betrayer of truth.

Are you willing to be chased through the airport by reporters as you are forced to flee from one country to another? If not, then you can't say that you only want the truth.

christulsa

Quote from: St.Justin on April 08, 2018, 04:53:54 PM
Quote from: Heinrich on April 08, 2018, 04:14:14 PM
Holocaust "denial" is not a sin.

The one thing I notice is that anyone who questions the numbers or methods of killing the Jews is considered a Holocaust denier much like all white people are racist these days. I am not defending Bishop Williamson but I am not aware that he ever denied the Holocaust.

Oh, he may not have denied, but he certainly downplayed. Have others exaggerated? Oh yes. Is that worse than downmplaying? I don't know. I cannot judge these matters. I only know that there is truth and there is non-truth. When truths are skewed, a wrong has been done. To me. When your ordinary pew sitter can not rely on truth from the pulpit, we are at a loss. To me, no one's agenda matters. I only want truth. And, God would want it so.  God help the betrayer of truth. Because people like me rely on it. I have no agenda. No malfeasance. I just want truth, and I certainly look for it, and expect it from my spiritual leaders!

He denied the Holocaust by denying the fact Hitler/the Nazis tried to wipe out the Jewish race,  and that 6 million were killed.   He thinks it was 200,000 - 300,000 which isnt quite a holocaust or attempt to wipe them out.   So he denies that 5 million,  700,000 human beings were murdered.   Only 5 % actually died,  he believes,  of the total all countries of the world accept as historical fact,  not to mention Pope Pius XII after WWII.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Holocaust_denial