Author Topic: Taking a Lenten break ... and a job update  (Read 667 times)

Offline Xavier

• Requiem Aeternam dona eis, Domine. Et lux perpetua luceat eis. Requiescant in pace.
  • St. Joseph's Workbench
  • Feldwebel
  • Queen Who crushed Infanticide, Conquer Abortion!
  • Religion: Catholic Christian
Taking a Lenten break ... and a job update
« on: February 13, 2018, 08:42:23 AM »
Hello friends. I am off for a while. Don't want to be distracted till Easter. Want to spend more time in prayer, reading and spiritual practices. Truthfully, am feeling a bit rusty in my prayer life, and need to work on it. Pray for me. Will be praying for the folk at sd.

Beside that, have an other news to share. I've been offered a great job, with decent hours and a good pay. It's a typical investment role in an advisory capacity, but it requires some know how and expertise in international trade. Have a couple of months off before I join that I want to put to the best use. And yeah, It will also require relocation and other preparation. And probably I'll be really busy on the job once I take it up. But I'm happy and it's what I want to do professionally. Have a break the ice meeting with some folk from the company this Saturday. Hope all goes well.

Hope all is well with you good folk on SD and wish you all a great Lent.
Mary, our Heavenly Mother, implores those who receive Holy Communion Daily, or at least Weekly, to Offer their Lives. TEXT OF THE LIFE OFFERING: "My dear Jesus, before the Holy Trinity, Our Heavenly Mother, and the whole Heavenly Court, united with Your most Precious Blood and Your Sacrifice on Calvary, I hereby Offer my whole Life to the Intention of Your Sacred Heart and to the Immaculate Heart of Mary. Together with my life, I place at Your disposal all Holy Masses, all my Holy Communions, all Rosaries, all acts of consecration, all my good deeds, all my sacrifices, and the suffering of my entire life for the Adoration and Supplication of the Holy Trinity, for Unity in our Holy Mother Church, for the Holy Father and Priests, for good Priestly vocations, and for all souls until the end of the world. O my Jesus, please accept my life Sacrifice and my offerings and give me Your grace that I may persevere obediently until my death." Amen. https://www.avemariamaternostra.com/life-offering-promises.html It is recommended that you make this Life Offering as soon as you feel ready, and to renew it from time to time.

Please read the Blessed Mother's promises in the link: those who make it seriously will face no Purgatory (promise 5) since they would have completed it here, will have all their loved ones released from Purgatory the day they offer their life with intent to persevere (promise 4), and can save the souls of all their family members in due time by their life offering (promise 3). It will benefit all souls who have ever lived until time's end (promise 2) A simple effective way for thousands of us to save millions of souls. Inflamed in Large Letters of Love, you will have your name written in the Hearts of Jesus and Mary forever (promise 1).

Offline Miriam_M

• Mary Garden
  • Hauptmann
  • Never have been "MiriamB"
  • Religion: Traditional Roman Catholic
Re: Taking a Lenten break ... and a job update
« Reply #1 on: February 13, 2018, 11:57:52 AM »
I'll miss you, even though I will be posting less. 

This is wonderful news about your job.  Congratulations. 

The following users thanked this post: Xavier

Offline ServusMariae

• Mary Garden
  • Wachtmeister
  • Religion: Catholic
« Reply #2 on: February 13, 2018, 12:29:16 PM »
Your presence will be missed, Xavier, but will definitely continue to keep you in prayer. :pray3: May you have a blessed start to your new job & also a grace-filled Lent ahead.

Offline St. Columba

• Wachtmeister
« Reply #3 on: February 13, 2018, 07:04:03 PM »
I am happy for you Xavier.  All the best.   :)
Do you see persons wise in their own eyes?  There is more hope for fools than for them. Proverbs 26:12

Offline Heinrich

• Der hat einen Rosenkranz und steht jetzt als Arbeiter bei
  • St. Joseph's Workbench
  • Hauptmann
  • "Hebst du doch, Geck?" Schlank und eisig.
« Reply #4 on: February 13, 2018, 08:38:14 PM »
Gawnna miss your wonderfully edifying posts.
Pray for the Consecration.                           
Lex Orandi, lex credendi, lex vivendi.
"Bear in mind that the more the enemy assaults you, God is closer to your soul." --St. Padre Pio

The following users thanked this post: Miriam_M, Xavier

Offline Michael Wilson

• St. Joseph's Workbench
  • Hauptmann
« Reply #5 on: February 14, 2018, 07:57:02 AM »
Xavier,
 congratulations on your new job; I hope you have a lot of success. Have a good Lent and a happy Easter.
"The World Must Conform to Our Lord and not He to it." Rev. Dennis Fahey CSSP

Offline Non Nobis

• By my staff!
  • Mary Garden
  • Feldwebel
  • Religion: Roman Catholic
« Reply #6 on: February 14, 2018, 10:54:03 PM »
Xavier,

I will miss your wisdom here, but you are probably doing the better thing. Congratulations on your job!
Children say that people are hung sometimes for speaking the truth.

If I am not in the state of grace, may God put me there; and if I am, may God so keep me

- Saint Joan of Arc

Offline Kaesekopf

• Enkindle in us the virtues of humility and patience So we too may obediently do your will faithfully.
  • Oberst
  • Major
    • Suscipe Domine
« Reply #7 on: February 27, 2018, 11:25:04 AM »
Blessed Lent and best wishes on the job!
Wie dein Sonntag, so dein Sterbetag.

I am not altogether on anybody's side, because nobody is altogether on my side.  ~Treebeard, LOTR

Jesus son of David, have mercy on me.