Paul VI to be declared a “saint”

Started by Bonaventure, February 06, 2018, 10:43:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

martin88nyc

Quote from: Acolyte on February 18, 2018, 09:46:15 PM
Quote from: martin88nyc on February 18, 2018, 06:09:17 PM
Quote from: Acolyte on February 18, 2018, 03:38:13 PM
Francis said...

Besides Blessed Pope Paul VI, he noted that John Paul I's cause for beatification is also ongoing. "And Benedict and I," he added, are "on the waiting list: pray for us!"

So humble !

::)
Seriously????

Pope Saint Francis the Great

Seems he believes it.
Shit just hit the fan big time. I mean it already had but I haven't really felt it coming my way like it is now.
"These things I have spoken to you, that in me you may have peace. In the world you shall have distress: but have confidence, I have overcome the world." John 16:33

Greg

Quote from: King Wenceslas on February 18, 2018, 04:11:24 PM
All these saints made since 1958 (or 1978) will be reviewed when a "true" pope gets in office.

What use is a Saint that can be reviewed?

If one can be reviewed they ALL can.
Contentment is knowing that you're right. Happiness is knowing that someone else is wrong.

Habitual_Ritual

" There exists now an enormous religious ignorance. In the times since the Council it is evident we have failed to pass on the content of the Faith."

(Pope Benedict XVI speaking in October 2002.)

GloriaPatri

Quote from: Greg on February 18, 2018, 10:01:34 PM
Quote from: King Wenceslas on February 18, 2018, 04:11:24 PM
All these saints made since 1958 (or 1978) will be reviewed when a "true" pope gets in office.

What use is a Saint that can be reviewed?

If one can be reviewed they ALL can.

This I think is an important point. How does the Church regain Her credibility if one day a "true" pope comes along and declares that all of his predecessors post-VIIwere really anti-popes who had no authority to canonize saints. I mean, no ones going to remain a sede if it's ad 2150 and nothing has changed in Rome. What good's the papacy if its been empty for decades or centuries?

Greg

I am not sure you can regain credibility.

Past a certain point you are a busted flush.

It depends on what you claimed you were before you flushed your credibility away.

A criminal can become a reformed criminal and GAIN a credibility that they never had.  Because as a low-life-criminal scum bag they never claimed to be honest and upright.

A politician who is caught in an act of fraud is tainted forever and can rarely, if ever, make a comeback.

A priest who rapes children is never going to get his credibility back. 

The Roman Catholic Church made huge claims over the centuries.  It burned people at the stake (not millions but enough) and it threatened, had jailed and silenced people for holding far less heterodox beliefs than it teaches and espouses today.

How in the hell does that mesh with any sort of standard of natural justice or allow an unbiased observer to view it as credible?  If the protection of the Holy Spirit is worth anything at all then surely the thing to protect is the consistency of teaching and praxis of the faith.  6 lousy Popes in row is 5 too many, particularly when there's not a single Bishop in the entire world with the Catholic balls to resist them.

Humanly the RCC is a busted flush.  If God destroys Rome and raises something new from the ashes then I imagine that people will take that supernautural event as a sign that the new thing is good.  But that is what it will take.

As for whether people will remain or not that is a whole other question.

There are still old believers in Russia.  There's nowt so queer as folk.
Contentment is knowing that you're right. Happiness is knowing that someone else is wrong.

Sophia3

Quote from: Elizabeth on February 14, 2018, 11:58:52 AM
Quote from: Sophia3 on February 12, 2018, 10:27:12 AM
Quote from: Elizabeth on February 08, 2018, 04:56:38 PM
Quote from: Sophia3 on February 08, 2018, 03:36:00 PM
Booklet by Fr. Luigi Villa who was commissioned by Padre Pio to investigate how freemasonry has infiltrated the hierarchy "Paul VI Beatified?" https://padrepioandchiesaviva.com/site/2c47506ca42847829355bf23e18fec19/default?url=https%3A%2F%2Fpadrepioandchiesaviva.com%2FPaul_VI_Beatified_.html#2900
Thanks Sophia, that's just what the doctor ordered.

Elizabeth,
Have you read much of his writings? When I found them I just devoured it. And to have the confirmation that a Saint personally assigned him to do this work and to see how he was persecuted to bring us the truth. It's really very beautiful. How can anyone even consider declaring Pope Paul VI a Saint? We should be praying for him.
I devoured each one that was in English!  I think the one that impressed me the most was the Padre Pio satanic temple analysis.  I'm trying to think of who it was who wrote a book related to this - excerpts were in Catholic Family News- do you know what I mean?  About Padre Pio's prophecy of his body being stolen?  She was one of his Spiritual Daughters...maybe it'll come to me.
Very interesting; I am not aware of that. If you remember I'd like to know.

Sophia3

Quote from: Acolyte on February 18, 2018, 02:07:20 PM
It's official...

https://www.catholicnewsagency.com/news/pope-francis-says-paul-vi-will-be-canonized-this-year-26861

Nothing from them surprises me since declaring JPII "a Saint" "The great" as they say. It is just their continuation of making a mockery of our beautiful religion.

Livenotonevil

Quote from: Greg on February 08, 2018, 10:13:16 PM
Quote from: james03 on February 08, 2018, 12:51:31 AM
QuoteConsidering the violence that man wrought upon the Faith, even this seems unlikely.

Yeah, if we KNOW JPII is in heaven, I'm going out right now to score some coke and whores and spend the remainder of my days in debauchery.  I'd still be a better role model than JPII.  We're talking about kids getting raped up their arse.  Have people actually read what went down with the Legion?  JPII knew all the details and heaped praise on him.

I'll join you.

Get me diet Coke.

Diet coke is heretical; you need Cherry Coke Zero.
May God forgive me for my consistent sins of the flesh and any blasphemous and carnal desire, as well as forgive me whenever I act prideful, against the desire of my Lord and Savior, Jesus Christ, to be a Temple of the Holy Spirit.

lauermar

Quote from: Livenotonevil on February 19, 2018, 04:56:39 PM
Quote from: Greg on February 08, 2018, 10:13:16 PM
Quote from: james03 on February 08, 2018, 12:51:31 AM
QuoteConsidering the violence that man wrought upon the Faith, even this seems unlikely.

Yeah, if we KNOW JPII is in heaven, I'm going out right now to score some coke and whores and spend the remainder of my days in debauchery.  I'd still be a better role model than JPII.  We're talking about kids getting raped up their arse.  Have people actually read what went down with the Legion?  JPII knew all the details and heaped praise on him.

I'll join you.

:cheeseheadbeer:  ROFL

Get me diet Coke.

Diet coke is heretical; you need Cherry Coke Zero.
"I am not a pessimist. I am not an optimist. I am a realist." Father Malachi Martin (1921-1999)

lauermar

I think by "Coke" James was talking about the powder, not the soft drink!  LOLOLOL
"I am not a pessimist. I am not an optimist. I am a realist." Father Malachi Martin (1921-1999)

MilesChristi

The world is charged with the grandeur of God.
    It will flame out, like shining from shook foil;
    It gathers to a greatness, like the ooze of oil
Crushed. Why do men then now not reck his rod?
Generations have trod, have trod, have trod;
    And all is seared with trade; bleared, smeared with toil;
    And wears man's smudge and shares man's smell: the soil
Is bare now, nor can foot feel, being shod.

And for all this, nature is never spent;
    There lives the dearest freshness deep down things;
And though the last lights off the black West went
    Oh, morning, at the brown brink eastward, springs —
Because the Holy Ghost over the bent
    World broods with warm breast and with ah! bright wings.

lauermar

Quote from: martin88nyc on February 18, 2018, 10:43:36 AM
Is there any substantial proof other than hearsay that Montini was a homosexual?

There is a book written by an award-winning investigative journalist who is a professor and was also an eyewitness.

http://www.traditioninaction.org/ProgressivistDoc/A_083_MontiniHomosexual.html

Acolyte

Quote from: martin88nyc on February 18, 2018, 09:56:21 PM
Quote from: Acolyte on February 18, 2018, 09:46:15 PM
Quote from: martin88nyc on February 18, 2018, 06:09:17 PM
Quote from: Acolyte on February 18, 2018, 03:38:13 PM
Francis said...

Besides Blessed Pope Paul VI, he noted that John Paul I's cause for beatification is also ongoing. "And Benedict and I," he added, are "on the waiting list: pray for us!"

So humble !

::)
Seriously????

Pope Saint Francis the Great

Seems he believes it.
Shit just hit the fan big time. I mean it already had but I haven't really felt it coming my way like it is now.

I know.

I go weeks or months without paying any attention to Catholic news in general. And everytime I come back to check on things, it's worse.

I don't even know what to do at this point. Do I stick with my diocese Parish that offers the EF on Sundays and holy days, knowing that doing so implies communion with the powers-that-be controlling the Vatican ?

Do I join the local Independent chapel or the local  SSPX Chapel ?

If it wasn't for the Rosary and my strong Marian devotion, I'm not so sure I wouldn't say the hell with all of it.
"From the moment we awake in the morning, let us pray continually in the words of holy David: Turn away my eyes, that they may not behold vanity"
St Alphonsus

"I will set my face against you, and you shall fall down before your enemies, and shall be made subject to them that hate you, you shall flee when no man pursueth you"
Leviticus 26:17

"Behold, O God our protector : and look upon the face of Thy Christ" (Ps. 79:20) Here is devotion to the face of Jesus Christ as prophesized by David."
Fr. Lawrence Daniel Carney III