President's Address to Union

Started by Heinrich, January 30, 2018, 07:48:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Heinrich

Post comments and reactions here.

MAGA!
Schaff Recht mir Gott und führe meine Sache gegen ein unheiliges Volk . . .   .                          
Lex Orandi, lex credendi, lex vivendi.
"Die Welt sucht nach Ehre, Ansehen, Reichtum, Vergnügen; die Heiligen aber suchen Demütigung, Verachtung, Armut, Abtötung und Buße." --Ausschnitt von der Geschichte des Lebens St. Bennos.

Lambda Phage

Democrats remained seated when Trump said "In God We Trust." Most clapped I think.

But everyone else stood and clapped.

Heinrich

What a miserable bunch of sore losers, baby killers, and just flat out feckless turds.
Schaff Recht mir Gott und führe meine Sache gegen ein unheiliges Volk . . .   .                          
Lex Orandi, lex credendi, lex vivendi.
"Die Welt sucht nach Ehre, Ansehen, Reichtum, Vergnügen; die Heiligen aber suchen Demütigung, Verachtung, Armut, Abtötung und Buße." --Ausschnitt von der Geschichte des Lebens St. Bennos.

Elizabeth

Maximilian

I thought it was a great speech.

Not a long-bomb touchdown, more like grinding it out "3 yards and a cloud of dust." Completely unstoppable by your opponent, as you force them back on their heels over and over again with completely unanswerable short plays.

Maximilian

This article, I think, perfectly captures what happened during the speech.

1. Trump pounds the left with God, family, America, the flag, and economic success.

2. You could see the Dems squirm every time because Trump's simplicity revealed that their agenda is anti-God, anti-family, anti-America, anti-flag, anti-economic success.

https://www.infowars.com/msnbcs-joy-reid-triggered-by-trump-using-the-word-family/

MSNBC'S JOY REID TRIGGERED BY TRUMP USING THE WORD "FAMILY"
Bizarrely claims terms "family," "church," "police" "national anthem" are part of a "bygone era"

"Let's pause to reflect on her assertion that church and family are "tropes of 1950s-era nationalism." Because it's historically illiterate," writes Becket Adams.

"Is she under the impression that the desire for strong families and robust church communities is some post-World War II phenomenon? Does she not realize that these things aren't exactly unique to "Leave It To Beaver" era? Millions of Americans enjoyed and advocated for these things long before the 1950s, and they've been enjoying them and fighting for them long since."

Reid being upset at the mere mention of family, police, the military, the church and the national anthem is very telling because it emphasizes the fact that these are all things that those on the far-left, whether they admit or not, truly do hate.

PerEvangelicaDicta

Quote"Is she under the impression that the desire for strong families and robust church communities is some post-World War II phenomenon? Does she not realize that these things aren't exactly unique to "Leave It To Beaver" era? Millions of Americans enjoyed and advocated for these things long before the 1950s, and they've been enjoying them and fighting for them long since."

And LONG BEFORE.

Regardless of party affiliation, the advance of neopaganism is sending us back to the stone age, and the results are modern culture in the US and around the Western world.   Brutish, intellectually stunted cavemen, enslaved to all passions with clouded intellects that serve their selfish natures, incapable of critical thinking. 
They shall not be confounded in the evil time; and in the days of famine they shall be filled
Psalms 36:19

Carleendiane

To board the struggle bus: no whining, board with a smile, a fake one will be found out and put off at next stop, no maps, no directions, going only one way, one destination. Follow all rules and you will arrive. Drop off at pearly gate. Bring nothing.

drummerboy

- I'll get with the times when the times are worth getting with

"I like grumpy old cusses.  Hope to live long enough to be one" - John Wayne

Bonaventure

Thought it was solid. Very good optics, alien minors, Americans are Dreamers too, epic trolling.
"If any man will come after me, let him deny himself, and take up his cross, and follow me."