Surveillance Self Defense

Started by PerEvangelicaDicta, August 21, 2017, 02:16:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PerEvangelicaDicta

Surveillance Self Defense
Tips, Tools and How-tos for Safer Online Communications
https://ssd.eff.org/
They shall not be confounded in the evil time; and in the days of famine they shall be filled
Psalms 36:19

james03

Check out adding "Ad Nauseum" and "TrackMeNot" to your browser.  It is available for Firefox.
"But he that doth not believe, is already judged: because he believeth not in the name of the only begotten Son of God (Jn 3:18)."

"All sorrow leads to the foot of the Cross.  Weep for your sins."

"Although He should kill me, I will trust in Him"

martin88nyc

"These things I have spoken to you, that in me you may have peace. In the world you shall have distress: but have confidence, I have overcome the world." John 16:33

PerEvangelicaDicta

I finally had to disable and remove Ghostery after almost of year of hang ups that seemed to start with their upgrades about 8 months ago.  I wasn't able to determine the cause, but it had to be incompatibility with my OS and/or other security measures installed.  It became a royal pita.

I'm testing James' suggestions w/Firefox.
They shall not be confounded in the evil time; and in the days of famine they shall be filled
Psalms 36:19

james03

QuoteI use ghostery
Opposite approach.  It blocks trackers and ads.  Doesn't help with search tracking.  Ghostery/TrackMeNot would be a decent approach.

Ad Nauseum does the opposite of ghostery.  It clicks on every ad (behind the scenes) and rat holes all responses and cookies.  There is no way to nail down whether you are a man or woman, age, clothing tastes, etc...  I prefer this option myself.
"But he that doth not believe, is already judged: because he believeth not in the name of the only begotten Son of God (Jn 3:18)."

"All sorrow leads to the foot of the Cross.  Weep for your sins."

"Although He should kill me, I will trust in Him"

Greg

How does it stop key stroke logging at the website without limiting your ability to use the website?  If you type into a website it must be able to analyse how you are typing how fast, whether you use cut and paste shortcuts or the menu structure etc.

Behavioral analytics uses mouse movements and keystrokes and as well as other unstructured data.

I'm not convinced that we can do much about privacy other than rely on the other schmucks giving their data away more readily than us and safety in numbers.
Contentment is knowing that you're right. Happiness is knowing that someone else is wrong.