any flat earthers arround here

Started by andy, January 08, 2022, 11:17:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TerrorDæmonum

Quote from: Elizabeth.2 on January 10, 2022, 04:36:39 PM
Wait till you see his creative editing of what people he may not like post.  Because of that I fled years ago.  That's scary.

I am not familiar with this too much, but is this a case of a forum owner editing a person's posts to change their meaning? Or is it just misrepresenting a person is his own posts?

Prayerful

Flat eartherism has to be trolling.
Padre Pio: Pray, hope, and don't worry. Worry is useless. God is merciful and will hear your prayer.

andy

Quote from: Pæniteo on January 10, 2022, 09:02:37 AM
If you study the program, the internal figures for chances of success were 5%.

If chances of making to the moon are 5%, then probability of completing 6 of such missions (and reportedly USA landed on moon 6 times in short period of time) is like 1:65 million. What is you source?

TerrorDæmonum

NASA's Understanding of Risk in Apollo and Shuttle:

Quote from: NASAHowever, this appreciation of the risk was not considered appropriate for the public. During Apollo, NASA conducted a full Probabilistic Risk Assessment (PRA) to assess the likelihood of success in ?landing a man on the Moon and returning him safely to Earth.? The PRA indicated the chance of success was ?less than 5 percent.? The NASA Administrator felt that if the results were made public, ?the numbers could do irreparable harm.? The PRA effort was cancelled and NASA stayed away from numerical risk assessment as a result.

andy

Quote from: MaximGun on January 10, 2022, 04:54:18 AM

Why would they want 'tension' when they could completely humiliate the USA by showing it had perpetrated a huge fraud on the world and its own citizens?

[...]

They would have exploited fake Moon landings.  They did not because the Moon landings were real.

I do not have an ultimate proof that Moon missions is a hoax, but I think there is a serious doubt. There might be yet another variable in the "history" equation we are not aware of, which would explain why Russians stayed mum about this. Perhaps it was convenient for them too.

It is not like every tidbit in the history books are given is 100% honest and accurate, is not it?

andy

Quote from: Pæniteo on January 10, 2022, 06:19:24 PM
NASA's Understanding of Risk in Apollo and Shuttle:

Quote from: NASAHowever, this appreciation of the risk was not considered appropriate for the public. During Apollo, NASA conducted a full Probabilistic Risk Assessment (PRA) to assess the likelihood of success in "landing a man on the Moon and returning him safely to Earth." The PRA indicated the chance of success was "less than 5 percent." The NASA Administrator felt that if the results were made public, "the numbers could do irreparable harm." The PRA effort was cancelled and NASA stayed away from numerical risk assessment as a result.

Here you go. Even if chances of making there are %50%, then completing 6 missions with one  almost tragedy (Apollo 13) is like 1:32.

TerrorDæmonum

Every mission was close to disaster. The first landing was almost the first crashing.

Apollo 13 is noted for its failure to land on the moon, but they all could have ended with complete losses of crew. That is one of the benefits of having skilled and motivated pilots on board who know their craft. They could adjust and adapt to the circumstances to prevent that.

andy

Quote from: Pæniteo on January 10, 2022, 06:29:37 PM
Every mission was close to disaster. The first landing was almost the first crashing.

I was so close to win $100k in my last trip to LV. So close.

Elizabeth.2

Quote from: Pæniteo on January 10, 2022, 04:38:26 PM
Quote from: Elizabeth.2 on January 10, 2022, 04:36:39 PM
Wait till you see his creative editing of what people he may not like post.  Because of that I fled years ago.  That's scary.

I am not familiar with this too much, but is this a case of a forum owner editing a person's posts to change their meaning? Or is it just misrepresenting a person is his own posts?
Both. But, this is not to say that I never made an ass of myself all by myself.

TerrorDæmonum

Quote from: Elizabeth.2 on January 10, 2022, 07:56:19 PM
Both. But, this is not to say that I never made an ass of myself all by myself.

This is why I think forum members should have full control over their posts. Forum posts that are not fit for a forum by judgement of the owner should just be removed or hidden.

They are mini-publications.

Elizabeth.2

Quote from: Prayerful on January 10, 2022, 05:36:25 PM
Or some sort of social engineering study?   :shrug:

TerrorDæmonum

There are people who have sworn and cited "experts" who claim that cutting hair makes it longer.

Want long hair? Cut it regularly, they say.

(Cutting hair makes it shorter, but more even and less tapered, which can improve certain style appearances, but cutting something makes it shorter, and cutting the ends of hair has no bearing on how hair grows...hair has a preset length based on time, and it will go through its life cycle regardless of how long it is.)

andy

Quote from: andy on January 10, 2022, 06:35:25 PM
Quote from: Pæniteo on January 10, 2022, 06:29:37 PM
I was so close to win $100k in my last trip to LV. So close.

I am not sure how to get point across. A close call is not the same as the crash. Now you are comparing apples to oranges. What matters is a final outcome.

queen.saints

I am sorry for the times I have publicly criticized others on this forum, especially traditional Catholic religious, and any other scandalous posts and pray that no one reads or believes these false and ignorant statements.

Prayerful

Quote from: queen.saints on January 11, 2022, 08:55:19 AM
Quote from: Prayerful on January 10, 2022, 05:36:25 PM

It must be great craic.

Flat eartherism was invented by Victorian or Enlightenment era historians to make the medievals seem hopelessly beknighted. Anyone believing it has let themselves be pranked by the long dead.
Padre Pio: Pray, hope, and don't worry. Worry is useless. God is merciful and will hear your prayer.