Anyone else having trouble with the Preview feature?

Started by Miriam_M, March 25, 2022, 11:24:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Miriam_M

Quote from: andy on March 25, 2022, 01:25:30 PM
Quote from: Miriam_M on March 25, 2022, 01:19:47 PM
Quote from: andy on March 25, 2022, 01:16:18 PM
Why would you share your email/identity with individuals who is so hard to get on the same page in most basic matters?

Was that a criticism of me, Andy?
My email is posted on my SD Profile Page, last I looked.  I know that mikemac has told me I should not do that.  Are you suggesting the same?

Not a criticism. Just a question. FWIW I do not see your email on your profile.

I tried to reproduce an error on my side (using Ubuntu+Firefox) without a success though.

Other option to isolate an issue is to try a different browser and/or login to SD from a chrome Incognito windows.

I always use Chrome Incognito.
Why would my email be visible to me on Profile and no one else?  What good is that for anyone on the forum?  It is definitely visible to me.

I could use my work computer, which is with me, but I really try to avoid doing that unless super-critical, which this is obviously not.

TerrorDæmonum

Miriam_M, does the 403 error you see look like this 403 error or does it have other content at the bottom or a different style?

Personal messages should work now, and my email is on my website, but I am in the process of changing it and don't want to publish it again on the forum because it might be different soon.

This error is most unusual in this context and it indicates the user agent is somehow making a network request that results in that error. Since the input element in question, Preview, is a form input with an event handler (in other words, it is not a link to anything), and the only network request the script makes is to send a little XML (for validation, it looks like) to the server, to get this error when using Preview is very strange.

I know that if the server goes down or something while you have a page loaded, the form elements usually just do nothing or lag for a long time.

My suspicion is that the error is from another server, probably the one the unusual link is pointing to, and it does seem that the issue is related to that particular link (or kind of link).

Miriam_M

Quote from: TerrorDæmonum on March 25, 2022, 01:35:02 PM
Miriam_M, does the 403 error you see look like this 403 error

Yes.  Underneath the word "Forbidden" is this: "Access to this resource on the server is denied!"
Underneath that, on black background, is this:
"Proudly powered by LiteSpeed Web Server
Please be advised that LiteSpeed Technologies Inc. is not a web hosting company and, as such, has no control over content found on this site."

Miriam_M

LOL.  I'm with Heinrich.  I just tried sending TD several versions of a PM which split up the URL into various parts on separate lines, spaced apart, including the https:// portion itself.  Each time it comes up

403 Forbidden  in enormous font.
:lol:

TerrorDæmonum

Quote from: Miriam_M on March 25, 2022, 01:40:52 PM
Yes. 

My theory was wrong.

Copy and paste the link if it contains no personal information into Pastebin. Whatever options you wish, but I'd recommend Paste Expiration of 10 Minutes, and Paste Exposure of Unlisted. You can also select Burn after read, but if you do that, nobody else follow the link as it will be broken after it is first read.

Share the link Pastebin gives and I'll be able to see what you've pasted. You can also do this in PM.

Miriam_M

TerrorDæmonum

Quote from: Miriam_M on March 25, 2022, 01:58:18 PM
How do I share it?

Copy and paste the link Pastebin gives. It will be short. You can paste it on the forum or in a personal message to me. It is just the link to the page that resulted in after you submitted it, like sharing a forum post.

Miriam_M

Quote from: TerrorDæmonum on March 25, 2022, 01:59:15 PM
Quote from: Miriam_M on March 25, 2022, 01:58:18 PM
How do I share it?

Copy and paste the link Pastebin gives. It will be short. You can paste it on the forum or in a personal message to me.

the one it gives in the URL?

TerrorDæmonum

Quote from: Miriam_M on March 25, 2022, 02:00:05 PM
the one it gives in the URL?

Yes, it is just like a forum post to share text with people.

Miriam_M

Sigh.  Nothing seems to work.  They basically replicated the same URL that is "Forbidden," LOL on Suscipe Domine.  They published that twice on the page without change from what I submitted.

TerrorDæmonum

Quote from: Miriam_M on March 25, 2022, 02:06:34 PM
Sigh.  Nothing seems to work.  They basically replicated the same URL that is "Forbidden," LOL on Suscipe Domine.  They published that twice on the page without change from what I submitted.

That was unusual. The link must contain something specific to this domain to get error.

Pastebin's errors are very different (they display HTML status codes very differently and they sometimes display warnings or security messages if you try to go somewhere forbidden).

TerrorDæmonum

When you get the 403 Forbidden error, what is the URL of the page? Is it the same every time?

Kaesekopf

I don't see any errors in the SD logs.

Feel free to email me the link, Miriam, and I can poke around...
Wie dein Sonntag, so dein Sterbetag.

I am not altogether on anybody's side, because nobody is altogether on my side.  ~Treebeard, LOTR

Jesus son of David, have mercy on me.

TerrorDæmonum

Quote from: Kaesekopf on March 25, 2022, 02:37:28 PM
Excellent...

QuoteFeel free to email me the link, Miriam, and I can poke around...

I was here first. If there is a cool string to be examined, I want it. If it is another PICNIC situation, you can have it though. But there is a possibility of something neat.

Miriam_M

Quote from: TerrorDæmonum on March 25, 2022, 02:50:06 PM
Quote from: Kaesekopf on March 25, 2022, 02:37:28 PM
Excellent...

QuoteFeel free to email me the link, Miriam, and I can poke around...

I was here first. If there is a cool string to be examined, I want it. If it is another PICNIC situation, you can have it though. But there is a possibility of something neat.
:lol: