Author Topic: Is Joseph a moderator?  (Read 2153 times)

Offline TerrorDæmonum

• Declina A Malo & Fac Bonum
  • St. Joseph's Workbench
  • Feldwebel
  • Breves Dies Hominis Sunt
  • Religion: Roman Catholic
Whackers
« Reply #15 on: March 22, 2022, 04:58:37 PM »
This thread needs more Joseph-related threads. 

This is a strangely surreal statement.

Not that I would want to moderate this asylum, if you made me a moderator, it would take the wind out of these sorts of comments. Having one more inactive moderator wouldn't change anything.

But seriously, a lax moderator policy does have the effect of making this forum a honeypot for the more unusual members of a community that is already on the fringe. I know you have expressed views that adults should not need moderating or that self-selected traditional Catholics shouldn't be like this, but the reality is, that this is the best way to get the most unusual characters.

Just work in a traditional Latin Rite parish or organization answering phones. I have personal knowledge of what goes on in that regard but for privacy I won't disclose any more publicly. It is enough to make one not want to admit to being a traditional Catholic readily.

This community of self-selected traditional Catholic adults is full of some extremely strange people. This is similar to any such self-selected fringe group, such as volunteer organizations. There is a term used in emergency volunteer organizations (ranging from fire, EMS, EmComm, Skywarn, etc) for individuals who are like this. They are called "Whackers". If you were running a volunteer emergency services forum and had the exact same approach to moderating, the forum would be dominated by whackers who would dissuade useful people from wanting to participate.

It is just the nature of human society.

Offline andy

• Wachtmeister
Re: Whackers
« Reply #16 on: March 22, 2022, 05:07:50 PM »
I have personal knowledge of what goes on in that regard but for privacy I won't disclose anymore publicly.

Anymore? You disclosed personal and private info in the past?

The following users thanked this post: Larry, Miriam_M

Offline TerrorDæmonum

• St. Joseph's Workbench
  • Feldwebel
Quoth Andy: Anymore?
« Reply #17 on: March 22, 2022, 05:11:23 PM »

The largest actual fault of mine recognized on this thread so far is a typo: the difference between anymore and any more. Thank you for the correction, but be aware, any unedited post of mine is likely to have many small errors. That is why most of my posts are edited shortly after posting.

But yes, either way, it is true. It is my own personal and private information. I am more careful now to control what I publicly publish than I used to be.

Offline Heinrich

• Steig mal auf den Berg hinauf
  • St. Joseph's Workbench
  • Hauptmann
  • Gott, wende Dich zu uns und gib uns neues Leben
  • Religion: römisch-katholisch
Re: Is Joseph a moderator?
« Reply #18 on: March 22, 2022, 05:16:07 PM »
The moderator(s) are posted in the Forum Rules.  Not sure why this wasn't handled in a PM to the admin,

That doesn't seem to work
Schaff Recht mir Gott und führe meine Sache gegen ein unheiliges Volk . . .   .                          
Lex Orandi, lex credendi, lex vivendi.
"Die Welt sucht nach Ehre, Ansehen, Reichtum, Vergnügen; die Heiligen aber suchen Demütigung, Verachtung, Armut, Abtötung und Buße." --Ausschnitt von der Geschichte des Lebens St. Bennos.

The following users thanked this post: Padraig, queen.saints

Offline TerrorDæmonum

• St. Joseph's Workbench
  • Feldwebel
Fixated
« Reply #19 on: March 22, 2022, 05:33:20 PM »
I have personal knowledge of what goes on in that regard but for privacy I won't disclose anymore publicly.

You've had a period of inactivity and you resumed it with a correction of a single spacing issue in a middle of one of my posts on a thread someone made about me. Do you still doubt that you have an unhealthy fixation?

I am not fixating on you and probably read less then 10% of your posts anyways. It is you fixating on yourself thinking that everyone who disagree is fixating on you.

When I sometimes try to chime in in topics where emptiness of answers are staggering, like in this thread.

Offline TerrorDæmonum

• St. Joseph's Workbench
  • Feldwebel
Reading 101
« Reply #20 on: March 22, 2022, 07:52:38 PM »
The moderator(s) are posted in the Forum Rules.  Not sure why this wasn't handled in a PM to the admin,

That doesn't seem to work

The Rules do contain the answer with the list of moderator(s). It is the third item in that section:

Quote from: The Rules
The Forum Staff:
1) The moderators must be respected. When moderating they will use an italicized dark green font. For example: Please remain calm and charitable during all debates. Arguing with their decisions will not be tolerated.
2) If you have a concern with a moderator decision, private message a member of the staff to address your concern.
3) The Moderator of Suscipe Domine forum is also the Administrator, Kaesekopf.
« Last Edit: March 22, 2022, 08:16:15 PM by TerrorDæmonum »

The following users thanked this post: Jayne

Offline Baylee

• Vizekorporal
« Reply #21 on: March 23, 2022, 03:59:40 PM »
The moderator(s) are posted in the Forum Rules.  Not sure why this wasn't handled in a PM to the admin, or simply by reading the Forum Rules.  Alas.

This thread needs more Joseph-related threads.  Now that COVID is being wound down Russia-posting is all the rage, this nominally Catholic forum definitely needs topics unrelated to Catholicism.  :lol:

This post explains a lot.

The following users thanked this post: Heinrich, queen.saints

Offline TerrorDæmonum

• St. Joseph's Workbench
  • Feldwebel
Charges Ranked
« Reply #22 on: March 24, 2022, 12:18:59 AM »
These threads seem to get more irritating and the charges more ridiculous as time goes on.

I disagree: the most ridiculous charges are otherworldly and I'm not even sure what the charges were precisely. That kind of bizarre and ridiculous claim would be hard to beat.

The previously most ridiculous one was that I am committing unspecified "atrocities" here, along with two suspicions I am two other people besides myself (Kaesekopf), which he repeated.

The next most ridiculous is a hysterical outburst that claims my ability to use the regular forum features available to all people who can post could be used for "nefarious purposes and create undue hardship" as well as being scandalous. This was bizarre on its own, but he called for me to be permabanned for being capable of posting scandalous things...while people who actually post scandalous things such as himself and a very disturbed individual should be allowed on the forum. Plus, I was called a coward for...well, I'm not sure why.

Offline Jayne

• Mary Garden
  • Major
  • Comic Sans Frontières
Re: Charges Ranked
« Reply #23 on: March 24, 2022, 02:55:47 PM »
These threads seem to get more irritating and the charges more ridiculous as time goes on.

I disagree: the most ridiculous charges are otherworldly and I'm not even sure what the charges were precisely. That kind of bizarre and ridiculous claim would be hard to beat.

The previously most ridiculous one was that I am committing unspecified "atrocities" here, along with two suspicions I am two other people besides myself (Kaesekopf), which he repeated.

The next most ridiculous is a hysterical outburst that claims my ability to use the regular forum features available to all people who can post could be used for "nefarious purposes and create undue hardship" as well as being scandalous. This was bizarre on its own, but he called for me to be permabanned for being capable of posting scandalous things...while people who actually post scandalous things such as himself and a very disturbed individual should be allowed on the forum. Plus, I was called a coward for...well, I'm not sure why.

There have been so many ridiculous accusations against you that it is beyond my ability to compare them manually.  I need to run them through an absurdometer.
Jesus, meek and humble of heart, make my heart like unto Thine.

Offline TerrorDæmonum

• St. Joseph's Workbench
  • Feldwebel
My Thread Still
« Reply #24 on: March 24, 2022, 04:54:57 PM »
There have been so many ridiculous accusations against you that it is beyond my ability to compare them manually.  I need to run them through an absurdometer.

I may get some bizarre accusations, but I only really remember the standouts. I still chuckle about the atrocities occasionally.

On the other hand, these sorts of things aren't so serious in themselves. I have used forums a lot (in the old days) and encountering clever trolls, the mentally ill, and other things are nothing special. I even had more than one person develop some sort of limerence for me based only on impersonal forum posts. The fact that this is (nominally) a traditional Catholic forum is what makes these things a problem, besides regular forum management.

The most objectionable posts to me are those which use knowledge of a person's background and use that a basis for public posts that are most inappropriate, heinous, and potentially scandalous to anybody viewing the forum. This is most problematic when it is men doing this to women, although, the antics of vicious women are a problem, it is easier to understand.

Vicious people imputing evil to people exercising or promoting virtue is nothing new. Such people have been scandalizing themselves since the start. But to go beyond this to actually resemble a particular sort of hateful political ideology on this forum without any shame is nearly unbelievable.
« Last Edit: March 24, 2022, 05:34:01 PM by TerrorDæmonum »

The following users thanked this post: Jayne

Offline andy

• Wachtmeister
« Reply #25 on: March 25, 2022, 12:08:41 AM »
 :pray1:

The following users thanked this post: Heinrich

Offline andy

• Wachtmeister
« Reply #26 on: March 27, 2022, 08:41:43 PM »
The moderator(s) are posted in the Forum Rules.

Forum Rules does not list name of moderators last time I checked. So who they are?

The following users thanked this post: Padraig

Offline TerrorDæmonum

• St. Joseph's Workbench
  • Feldwebel
Linked List
« Reply #27 on: March 27, 2022, 09:11:19 PM »

Forum Rules does not list name of moderators last time I checked. So who they are?

Again, on this same page of posts, you can see my quote of the rules which include the list and the link to the rules themselves.

The Rules do contain the answer with the list of moderator(s). It is the third item in that section:

The Forum Staff:
1) The moderators must be respected. When moderating they will use an italicized dark green font. For example: Please remain calm and charitable during all debates. Arguing with their decisions will not be tolerated.
2) If you have a concern with a moderator decision, private message a member of the staff to address your concern.

Offline andy

• Wachtmeister
Re: Linked List
« Reply #28 on: March 27, 2022, 09:17:56 PM »

Again, on this same page of posts, you can see my quote of the rules which include the list and the link to the rules themselves.

The Forum Staff:

So, are you one of moderators of this Forum?

Offline TerrorDæmonum

• St. Joseph's Workbench
  • Feldwebel
Reading Comprehension
« Reply #29 on: March 27, 2022, 09:22:05 PM »
So, are you one of moderators of this Forum?

If you really cannot tell if I am a moderator or involved in running this forum, I am not.

The Forum Staff: