Author Topic: Facing abortion-happy doctors  (Read 2075 times)

Offline Lyubov

• Wachtmeister
Facing abortion-happy doctors
« on: June 06, 2013, 03:50:18 AM »
I just came across this article featuring three families who chose to defy doctors and refuse abortions. It is both uplifting and depressing, as you can probably imagine.

One doctor told us: 'Your lives will never be your own.' Another said: 'Some people will feel you're being selfish by having this child.' Yet another: 'Your other child will suffer as a result of this.' We were made to feel very naïve.

Without a doubt, they felt I should have a termination. If I'd been a less strong woman, I might have been swayed.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/article-2336613/Doctors-wanted-abort-children-So-did-mothers-strength-defy-them.html#ixzz2VQ5B3tWW
Имя ты мое услышишь
Из под топота копыт.

Offline Heinrich

• Steig mal auf den Berg hinauf
  • St. Joseph's Workbench
  • Major
  • Gott, wende Dich zu uns und gib uns neues Leben
  • Religion: römisch-katholisch
Re: Facing abortion-happy doctors
« Reply #1 on: June 06, 2013, 09:37:07 AM »
Are there any practicing MDs here at SD?
Schaff Recht mir Gott und führe meine Sache gegen ein unheiliges Volk . . .   .                          
Lex Orandi, lex credendi, lex vivendi.
"Die Welt sucht nach Ehre, Ansehen, Reichtum, Vergnügen; die Heiligen aber suchen Demütigung, Verachtung, Armut, Abtötung und Buße." --Ausschnitt von der Geschichte des Lebens St. Bennos.

Offline FaithByProxy

• +JMJ+
  • Mary Garden
  • Korporal
  • Crux Sacra Sit Mihi Lux
    • Morning Star Goods, My Rosary Store
  • Religion: Traditional Roman Catholic
« Reply #2 on: June 06, 2013, 12:51:40 PM »
The comments on that article are repulsive.

Thing is these women have no concept of how utterly horrible their lives are going to be. All they see is a cute baby. Well babies are easy, even a downs baby is easy. A downs adult who is sexually potent with behaviour problems is another matter. A lot end up in care at the taxpayers expense because their dear mothers can't cope. The doctor is doing you a favour. If they tell you to abort, then abort. Otherwise you are not only ruining your own life but your partners life and any siblings lives too. And lets not ignore the women who relish having a disabled child for the extra attention it brings them. Yes I have seen this. And some families treat a disable kid as a cash cow, I've seen this too. So not looking so heroic are they, suddenly they are looking very selfish.
- Dr Bob , Nottm, United Kingdom, 06/6/2013 14:10
Most Sacred Heart of Jesus, have mercy on us.

Offline OCLittleFlower

• Mary Garden
  • Hauptmann
  • CALIFORNIA DEPLORABLE
  • Religion: Trad to the max!
« Reply #3 on: June 07, 2013, 02:08:42 AM »
Wooow.

I know an adult with Down Syndrome who is able to live alone and have a job.  I don't think her family feels their lives have been ruined in anyway.
-- currently writing a Trad romance entitled Flirting with Sedevacantism --

Если вы можете прочитать это, вы лучше.

Offline Bonaventure

• Oberstleutnant
  • Hauptmann
  • Religion: Roman Catholic
« Reply #4 on: June 07, 2013, 03:01:03 AM »
The modern world is utterly clueless, and doctors have forgotten they vows to do no harm.

Offline Gottmitunsalex

• "As the head of the Church, I cannot answer you otherwise: The Jews have not recognized Our Lord; therefore we cannot recognize the Jewish people." ---Pope St. Pius X
  • Feldwebel
  • Magister Generalis - Hochmeister
    • My position.
  • Religion: römisch-katholisch
« Reply #5 on: June 07, 2013, 03:05:22 AM »
The Hippocratic Oath.   
"Nothing is more miserable than those people who never failed to attack their own salvation. When there was need to observe the Law, they trampled it under foot. Now that the Law has ceased to bind, they obstinately strive to observe it. What could be more pitiable that those who provoke God not only by transgressing the Law but also by keeping it? But at any rate the Jews say that they, too, adore God. God forbid that I say that. No Jew adores God! Who say so? The Son of God say so. For he said: "If you were to know my Father, you would also know me. But you neither know me nor do you know my Father". Could I produce a witness more trustworthy than the Son of God?"  St. John Chrysostom  Sunday Homily

"The two goals of the Jews: The universal domination of the world and the destruction of Catholicism, out of hatred for Christ" --Mgr. Jouin

Offline Archer

• Hauptmann
  • Slow is smooth, smooth is fast, fast is lethal.
« Reply #6 on: June 07, 2013, 06:56:46 AM »
The comments on that article are repulsive.

Here's another gem...

"I found out I was pregnant at the beginning of this year, my partner and I were in for a shock since I'd been using depo provera since we got together two years ago. I was scanned early and the scans caused concern amongst the doctors, since it was very obvious even during an early scan that the baby was severely disabled. It wasn't until a few scans later, that we discovered a second baby hidden away. Due to the nature of the disability I made the excruciatingly painful decision to abort my disabled baby. I was given a 9/10 survival rate on the second baby, but sadly I miscarried two weeks later. I'm of the opinion that one baby couldn't live without the other, and of course I'm sad, but I don't regret my decision. My child would not have been able to have a comfortable normal childhood, or be able to play with their brother/sister properly since they'd be paralysed from birth with high chance of brain damage. It's a hard choice - dont judge until you're asked to make it yourself."
"All the good works in the world are not equal to the Holy Sacrifice of the Mass because they are the works of men; but the Mass is the work of God. Martyrdom is nothing in comparison for it is but the sacrifice of man to God; but the Mass is the sacrifice of God for man." - St. John Vianney

Offline FaithByProxy

• +JMJ+
  • Mary Garden
  • Korporal
  • Crux Sacra Sit Mihi Lux
    • Morning Star Goods, My Rosary Store
  • Religion: Traditional Roman Catholic
« Reply #7 on: June 07, 2013, 12:05:13 PM »
That is one of the saddest things I've read, Archer.  :cry:

Lord have mercy on us all.
Most Sacred Heart of Jesus, have mercy on us.

Offline VeraeFidei

• St. Joseph's Workbench
  • Feldwebel
  • Religion: Catholic
« Reply #8 on: June 07, 2013, 02:34:42 PM »
The depravity is mind-boggling.

96 years ago Our Lady said she could not hold back Her Son's Hand of Divine Justice much longer. How is He still 'restrained' today?