The Parish Hall > Family Life

Downside of being fluent in multiple languages from young age.

<< < (2/16) > >>

Philip G.:

--- Quote from: red solo cup on March 25, 2021, 09:33:51 AM ---" A man who speaks two languages has two souls "

--- End quote ---

And what does Charlemagne say about the man with multiple wives and many concubines? 

Philip G.:

--- Quote from: drummerboy on March 25, 2021, 01:10:27 AM ---2 years old is very young, I've always thought it was 4-5 at the youngest to start, or that's when the instruction books start at least.

--- End quote ---

I thought she said two, but I could be wrong. 

Philip G.:
How about this; which is more important?  Is it more important to teach your child to read?  Or, is it more important to teach your child a different language/more than one language? 

Daniel:

Elizabeth.2:

--- Quote from: Daniel on March 27, 2021, 07:55:01 AM ---
Off topic - I have heard that it's bad for adults to try learning multiple second languages at the same time. Not sure why. I think maybe just because it often backfires, and you don't make as much progress as you would have had you tried studying them each separately. (From my own personal experience, I've also found that sometimes I get confused and mix up the vocabulary between languages, lol)

--- End quote ---
I'm a tad learning disabled, but when they switched me out of French into Spanish in high school I couldn't cope.  I'd been doing really well in French, and I was motivated, but I lost the French and am way worse in Spanish than I should be.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

There was an error while thanking
Thanking...
Go to full version