Chat room is now dead

Started by Kaesekopf, February 06, 2013, 07:12:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kaesekopf

Hello forum,
I have (with the help of Pæniteo!) gotten an IRC channel started.

It SHOULD be very easy to use.  :)

All you need to do is go to the main bar on this screen, click "Chat", and hit "Connect."  Then, you will be taken to the IRC channel and start chatting away!

Your default name will be your Suscipe Domine username with the characters "sd" appended.  You CANNOT have spaces in your nickname to use IRC, so please remove those.  The Mibbit mod does not remove spaces, it just appends "sd".  Easy breezy.

To use chat on a mobile device, please read below. 

If you would like to register your nickname (you do not need to), please read below.  Otherwise, ignore this!

To confirm your nickname, please follow this guide:
http://wiki.mibbit.com/index.php/NICK

To register your nickname, it is pretty straightforward. 

To use it on a mobile device, you have two options.  The first (the option I wouldn't recommend) is to use the web client on the forum.  Just click the chat button like you would on the and follow the instructions above.

The route I suggest is to download a (free) IRC app on your mobile device.  I am deciding now between Andchat and AndroIRC on my Android device. 

To get into the chat on AndroIRC (the process should be similar on other devices), the information you need to know is as follows:
The server is irc.mibbit.net
Then, when you get into the irc.mibbit.net server, type (without the quotation marks) "/join #suscipedomine"
Then, follow the instructions at the link above (reproduced here)
http://wiki.mibbit.com/index.php/NICK

For AndChat
Name: Mibbit
Address: irc.mibbit.net
Nick1:  (desired nickname)
Username:  (your registered nickname)
Password: (your registered password)

Then hit the little save icon (a floppy disc).  Then click on the Mibbit entry, after it logs you onto the irc.mibbit.net server, type in "/join #suscipedomine" and begin chatting! 

You can use your nicknames without identifying, however, if you want to identify, just type this in (when you are in the IRC channel as your registered nickname):
/msg nickserv identify [password]
Wie dein Sonntag, so dein Sterbetag.

I am not altogether on anybody's side, because nobody is altogether on my side.  ~Treebeard, LOTR

Jesus son of David, have mercy on me.

Kaesekopf

As a note, if you use another client (say, Pidgin, or an add-on or plug-in for your browser), the pertinent settings you need to know:

Server:  irc.mibbit.net
Username:  (your username)

Beyond that, if you have any issues, PM me, and I will attempt to do my best at helping you.

I am not altogether on anybody's side, because nobody is altogether on my side.  ~Treebeard, LOTR

Kaesekopf

Kaesekopf

Also, for ease of use and talking, when in IRC...
If you type the beginning of a user's nickname and then hit tab, IRC will autocomplete the name.

So, if I type in "K" and hit tab, it will autocomplete "Kaesekopf."
The same will happen if I type in "Ka," "Kaes," etc.

OCLittleFlower

We should plan a chat party.  What's everyone doing tomorrow night?
-- currently writing a Trad romance entitled Flirting with Sedevacantism --

???? ?? ?????? ????????? ???, ?? ?????.

Bonaventure

Quote from: OCLittleFlower on February 07, 2013, 04:11:40 PM
We should plan a chat party.  What's everyone doing tomorrow night?

I'm definitely down.
"If any man will come after me, let him deny himself, and take up his cross, and follow me."

OCLittleFlower

Bonaventure

Probably past six. Our time, of course.
"If any man will come after me, let him deny himself, and take up his cross, and follow me."

OCLittleFlower

Quote from: Bonaventure on February 07, 2013, 05:00:01 PM
Probably past six. Our time, of course.

Sounds good!  :)

Six thirty?  So, 9.30 for the east coasters?

xADDxDaDealer

Don't ask me a question, If your not ready for the answer....

ADMG

Chat room link below for those registered (Information on registration HERE)

http://client00.chat.mibbit.com/

clau clau

When is the best time to access the SD chat room?  I have been in there several times recently but there is never anybody there.  Are there certain times that it is more used ?

"Nobody goes there anymore, it's too crowded" - Yogi Berra
Father time has an undefeated record.

But when he's dumb and no more here,
Nineteen hundred years or near,
Clau-Clau-Claudius shall speak clear.
(https://completeandunabridged.blogspot.com/2009/06/i-claudius.html)

Kaesekopf

Quote from: clau clau on May 17, 2017, 08:29:38 AM
When is the best time to access the SD chat room?  I have been in there several times recently but there is never anybody there.  Are there certain time that it is more used ?

"Nobody goes there anymore, it's too crowded" - Yogi Berra
Usually posting that you'll be in there like an hour in advance will drum up activity

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk

MundaCorMeum

So.....I kinda miss the chat room.  I realize I'm not a frequent attendee, but still.  Every now and then, I find myself looking for the chat room link, and.....it's gone  :-\

Akavit

You mean this link where you type in a nickname and enter #suscipedomine into the channel to connect?

https://client00.chat.mibbit.com/

It's so desolate Bernadette and I used it for some of our top secret meetings.  Not a soul spotted us!