Human Trafficking, Slavery

Started by Heinrich, January 16, 2022, 03:41:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Heinrich

How prevalent is this? I refuse to eat at Mexican restaurants being more than certain that the employees were smuggled in and are working to pay off their border brokers, aka coyotes. Similary, as we discussed once here in another thread, Asians and Indians will get their capitalism on and stuff into USA programmers and bok choi dish boys. What do you all think? I would never eat at a Chinese restaurant for similar reasons.

https://www.fox19.com/2022/01/14/nky-couple-convicted-harboring-illegal-immigrants-chinese-buffet/
Schaff Recht mir Gott und führe meine Sache gegen ein unheiliges Volk . . .   .                          
Lex Orandi, lex credendi, lex vivendi.
"Die Welt sucht nach Ehre, Ansehen, Reichtum, Vergnügen; die Heiligen aber suchen Demütigung, Verachtung, Armut, Abtötung und Buße." --Ausschnitt von der Geschichte des Lebens St. Bennos.

Elizabeth.2

Very common around here.  Used to be stories all the time in WaPo.    All kinds of uses for  slaves and trafficked people.  It's practically a tradition here. :pray3:

Philip G.

I avoid places like that mainly because the food is crap.  "Ye shall know them by their fruits."  ;)
For the stone shall cry out of the wall; and the timber that is between the joints of the building, shall answer.  Woe to him that buildeth a town with blood, and prepareth a city by iniquity. - Habacuc 2,11-12