To what are you currently listening?

Started by Bonaventure, December 26, 2012, 09:40:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Christe Eleison

Quote from: Vetus Ordo on September 09, 2020, 06:55:36 PM
[yt]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3dcbjanbXRU[/yt]

Very few liturgical manuscripts related to the Knights Templar have been preserved. The one used here is from the middle of the 12th century. It is the oldest musical manuscript for the use of the Basilica of the Holy Sepulcher of Jerusalem. It was here that the order of the Temple established the foundations of their spirituality. Marcel Pérès and Ensemble Organum have recorded a good number of marvellous discs of early music but 'Le chant des Templiers' album remains as one of their iconic marks in classical music. 'Crucem sanctam' have a stronger feeling of a regular pulse than many chants, reflecting the physical, almost dance-like motions that conductor Marcel Pérès describes as being an integral part of the original performance of this repertoire.

Interesting information, I enjoyed this. Thank you, Vetus Ordo :thumbsup:

Christe Eleison

Awkwardcustomer, the musicians are amazing! :thumbsup:

Thanks for sharing! I enjoyed it!

Quote from: awkwardcustomer on August 03, 2020, 05:38:41 AM
From 1964, the Dave Brubeck Quartet performing 'Take Five'.

Aside from the brilliant skill of the musicians, look at how they're dressed, especially the shoes.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tT9Eh8wNMkw&list=RDfDzXbdxeeHI&index=2

Bernadette

The Couple Next Door, with Peg Lynch. Charming 50s daily radio show. I love it, waiting for the complete series to arrive.
My Lord and my God.

red solo cup

non impediti ratione cogitationis

red solo cup

red solo cup

Acolyte

I'm into Americana these days. Just found out about these guys and just finished listening to this song for about the 20th time.

This guy ain't bad..

"From the moment we awake in the morning, let us pray continually in the words of holy David: Turn away my eyes, that they may not behold vanity"
St Alphonsus

"I will set my face against you, and you shall fall down before your enemies, and shall be made subject to them that hate you, you shall flee when no man pursueth you"
Leviticus 26:17

"Behold, O God our protector : and look upon the face of Thy Christ" (Ps. 79:20) Here is devotion to the face of Jesus Christ as prophesized by David."
Fr. Lawrence Daniel Carney III

Prayerful

Padre Pio: Pray, hope, and don't worry. Worry is useless. God is merciful and will hear your prayer.

red solo cup

paul14

Lydia Purpuraria

I was pleasantly surprised to hear "Fat Old Sun" and "Fearless" on the radio over the last week or so.  (Can't recall ever hearing them played on regular radio before.)

Innocent Smith

Quote from: Lydia Purpuraria on December 12, 2020, 10:11:24 AM
I was pleasantly surprised to hear "Fat Old Sun" and "Fearless" on the radio over the last week or so.  (Can't recall ever hearing them played on regular radio before.)

Surprised to see this choice here.  But, what do I know about anything!

Love Fearless with the Football fan chant at the end.  Didn't even know that was the name of the tune.  I miss quite a lot whilst listening.  I swear I must have ADHD and not even know it.

I do not know Fat Old Sun as far as I am aware and do not know the album Atom Heart Mother.  It's one of the few Floyd records I do not own along with that movie soundtrack.

Here is what I have been listening to, Queen Kate.

[yt]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QOZDKlpybZE&feature=emb_logo[/yt]
I am going to hold a pistol to the head of the modern man. But I shall not use it to kill him, only to bring him to life.

Lydia Purpuraria

Quote from: Innocent Smith on December 16, 2020, 01:01:09 PMSurprised to see this choice here.  But, what do I know about anything!

Love Fearless with the Football fan chant at the end.  Didn't even know that was the name of the tune.  I miss quite a lot whilst listening.  I swear I must have ADHD and not even know it.

I do not know Fat Old Sun as far as I am aware and do not know the album Atom Heart Mother.  It's one of the few Floyd records I do not own along with that movie soundtrack.

As surprised as I was to hear those songs on the radio? ;D  Same here about having ADHD and missing a lot of ('technical' detail) stuff while listening.  I know what I like when I hear it, but I might not know any other details beyond that. Y'know? LOL

Which movie soundtrack are you talking about?

QuoteHere is what I have been listening to, Queen Kate.

[yt]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QOZDKlpybZE&feature=emb_logo[/yt]

I love that.  I didn't know until recently that it was David Gilmour who basically 'discovered' Kate Bush. :shrug:  Heard this one on the radio yesterday:

paul14

red solo cup