Question for Croix de Fer

Started by Fleur-de-Lys, September 16, 2020, 12:31:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jayne

Quote from: Graham on September 18, 2020, 08:55:58 PM
It feels like half of this forum is Nietzscheans, gnostics, perennialists, and Christian Identity people. I believe we discussed this problem as recently as six months ago. It's past time to be banning these twerps.

Well said.  At one point, since there were some members who wanted to have discussions with non-Catholics, while other members who did not like such discussions, we started a sub-forum for them.  This was meant to be a compromise, allowing the discussions for those who wanted them,but making them easily avoided by those who did not.

But there is nowhere on this forum free from non-Catholic ideas now. They turn up everywhere.  If we can't have moderators enforcing that non-Catholic discussion is contained, then it does not  work to have so many people here who post non-Catholic ideas.  Banning them, as Graham suggests, is the solution that springs to mind.

Jesus, meek and humble of heart, make my heart like unto Thine.

Greg

Never compromise with bad willed people or idiots.

It never works.
Contentment is knowing that you're right. Happiness is knowing that someone else is wrong.

awkwardcustomer

Quote from: Greg on September 17, 2020, 02:06:57 PM
I am less concerned with heresy when it comes from nutters, because nutters only convert other nutters.  And not many.

Nobody would convert me who taught flat-earth nonsense.   It is so unbelivably stupid.

Just as you need magnets to remove metal particles from food, you need idiot magnets to keep Traditionalist chapels sane.  The best thing that happened to the SSPX in the last 20 years was The Resistance.  All of the worst morons, and reactionary idiots who panic over a 90,000 dollar water bill because they cannot read a water meter, or use their common sense, left.  The kind of irrational freaks who make themselves bishops.

When Vetus Ordo becomes an apologist for Islam, that is when I worry, because he is intelligent and well read.  I actually liked the guy.

What?  Vetus Ordo IS an apologist for Islam.  He posts endless articles on Islam' wonders, its scholarship, its teachings.  Where have you been?

Too busy going after Croix de Fer, who may be a bit of a nutter, but at least he doesn't pretend to be an intellectual.  It's not just you though, is it Greg.  The pack is circling around Croix de Fer and the slimey Vetus Ordo is JOINING IN!  And you admire his intellectual prowess!

Vetus Ordo has all the trappings that Trads admire so much and Croix de Fer never stops banging on about the Jews.  Since I find it impossible to believe that the proportion of psychopaths in the Jewish population is any higher than in any other population, I find C de F's obsession to be entirely misplaced and unpleasant.  But at least it's out in the open where we can all see it. 

Meanwhile, Vetus Ordo plays a far cleverer game and you fall for it because he displays all the trappings that are admired in Trad circles.  But it is all appearances and can be acquired and used to manipulate people.

I'm sure lot's of people admired Carlos Urrutigoity's intellectual prowess, his manners and his smooth talk. 

And formerly the heretics were manifest; but now the Church is filled with heretics in disguise.  
St Cyril of Jerusalem, Catechetical Lecture 15, para 9.

And what rough beast, it's hour come round at last,
Slouches towards Bethlehem to be born?
WB Yeats, 'The Second Coming'.

Greg

And for that reason I am saying I am worried more about Vetus than women hating, nazi loving nutters.

What sent him off the deep end I shudder to think.  Perhaps he is in love with an Islamic woman.

Or they must have some really strong Crack Cocaine there in Madeira.

Because Islam is so obviously bollocks. ;D

Contentment is knowing that you're right. Happiness is knowing that someone else is wrong.

Greg

Any religion that bans booze and bacon can only be of Satan.

awkwardcustomer

Quote from: Greg on September 19, 2020, 03:57:09 AM
And for that reason I am saying I am worried more about Vetus than women hating, nazi loving nutters.

What sent him off the deep end I shudder to think.  Perhaps he is in love with an Islamic woman.

Or they must have some really strong Crack Cocaine there in Madeira.

Because Islam is so obviously bollocks. ;D

Now I'm completely confused. You're not worried about Vetus Ordo but you are.  Okay.

I see a mob circling around Croix de Fer and Vetus Ordo joining in. 
And formerly the heretics were manifest; but now the Church is filled with heretics in disguise.  

Croix de Fer

Quote from: awkwardcustomer on September 19, 2020, 03:47:40 AM
Meanwhile, Vetus Ordo plays a far cleverer

Vetus Ordo isn't clever, nor is he intellectual. Yesterday, I called out his logical fallacy manifested in two separate posts that contradicted each other within about an hour. Nothing but crickets from him because he knows I'm right.
Blessed be the Lord my God, who teacheth my hands to fight, and my fingers to war. ~ Psalms 143:1 (Douay-Rheims)

Jayne

Quote from: awkwardcustomer on September 19, 2020, 05:00:04 AM
Now I'm completely confused. You're not worried about Vetus Ordo but you are.  Okay.

You misunderstood Greg's comment.  He did not say that he was not worried about VO.

Quote from: Greg on September 17, 2020, 02:06:57 PM
When Vetus Ordo becomes an apologist for Islam, that is when I worry, because he is intelligent and well read.  I actually liked the guy.

Greg is saying that this is something that has already occurred. (And that before it happened, he liked VO. The implication is that Greg no longer does.)

Greg uses present tense here, rather than past tense, to indicate that VO represents a general case.  When VO becomes an apologist for Islam (which already happened) or anything similar happens (either in the past of future), Greg worries more than he does about nutters.  It is not a contrafactual or conditional.

awkwardcustomer

What a pity the mob baying for Croix de Fer's blood isn't as subtle as Greg.

Yes, I'm being sarcastic.

Croix de Fer

Quote from: awkwardcustomer on September 19, 2020, 05:29:53 AM

It's weird because Jayne(K) defended me numerous times at CathInfo but she flipped on me here. ahahahahahahahaha !!!!!
Blessed be the Lord my God, who teacheth my hands to fight, and my fingers to war. ~ Psalms 143:1 (Douay-Rheims)

awkwardcustomer

Quote from: Croix de Fer on September 19, 2020, 05:10:47 AM

Vetus Ordo isn't clever, nor is he intellectual. Yesterday, I called out his logical fallacy manifested in two separate posts that contradicted each other within about an hour. Nothing but crickets from him because he knows I'm right.

Vetus Ordo plays a clever game though.  Note how this thread was started by his sidekick Fleur-de-Lys, who shares his intellectual, culinary and linguistic pretentions.  Diverting attention away from themselves and onto you is crafty, don't you think.

John Lamb

Quote from: Pon de Replay on September 18, 2020, 01:08:39 PMCaligula is supposed to have tried to place a statue of himself in the temple of Jerusalem in order to test the Jews' loyalty there.  The recalcitrance and self-aggrandizing haughtiness of the God of the Hebrews was unpalatable to the Romans—whether in his primary priesthood or in his various sectarian devotees (Christians, Samaritans, Bar Kokhbans, &c.)

Poor benighted Hebrews, refusing to put a debased and effeminate tyrant on the same level as the omnipotent Creator of heaven and earth. Even more silly than Socrates being executed for suggesting that deities don't fornicate with each other and rape human beings.
"Let all bitterness and animosity and indignation and defamation be removed from you, together with every evil. And become helpfully kind to one another, inwardly compassionate, forgiving among yourselves, just as God also graciously forgave you in the Anointed." – St. Paul

Jayne

Quote from: Croix de Fer on September 19, 2020, 05:33:56 AM
Quote from: awkwardcustomer on September 19, 2020, 05:29:53 AM

It's weird because Jayne(K) defended me numerous times at CathInfo but she flipped on me here. ahahahahahahahaha !!!!!

I agree with many of your ideas when you express them in your own words.  Both on CI and here, I objected to you using videos from heretics.  On CI, Matthew stepped in to limit your use of videos, so I did not need to say much about it.  Since there has been no such intervention here, I have much more to say.

I started out giving the most positive interpretation possible of your use of "Hebrew Israelite" in your profile, but when you post videos from blatantly heretical Hebrew Israelites, I can no longer do that.

Greg

We are not baying for his blood we just know CFD will contribute nothing, learn nothing and piss people off.  So it is only upside if he is banned.

We know what he thinks of the forum, so we already know his motive is to cause trouble.

Croix de Fer

Quote from: awkwardcustomer on September 19, 2020, 05:36:10 AM
Quote from: Croix de Fer on September 19, 2020, 05:10:47 AM

Vetus Ordo plays a clever game though.  Note how this thread was started by his sidekick Fleur-de-Lys, who shares his intellectual, culinary and linguistic pretentions.  Diverting attention away from themselves and onto you is crafty, don't you think.

LOL