To what are you currently listening?

Started by Bonaventure, December 26, 2012, 09:40:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kaesekopf

Jock Jams all day.  I'm so pumped up.

Wie dein Sonntag, so dein Sterbetag.

I am not altogether on anybody's side, because nobody is altogether on my side.  ~Treebeard, LOTR

Jesus son of David, have mercy on me.

LausTibiChriste

Nice..we always played Jock Jams before hockey games...it certainly pumps you up well.

My two guilty pleasures...ABBA and Edith Piaf. Berate my manliness all you want, I do not care...that's why they call it "guilty" pleasure  8)

[yt]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AHg0nTf0V44[/yt]

[yt]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dQsjAbZDx-4[/yt]
Lord Jesus Christ, Son Of God, Have Mercy On Me A Sinner

"Nobody is under any moral obligation of duty or loyalty to a state run by sexual perverts who are trying to destroy public morals."
- MaximGun

"Not trusting your government doesn't make you a conspiracy theorist, it means you're a history buff"

Communism is as American as Apple Pie

RedCaves

*Ancient Egyptian Music

*Unfortunately, we don't have records of musical composition from the Ancient Egyptians, but we do know what instruments they had. This is an example of how they may have been played.

[yt]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zVE052V0ung&feature=youtu.be[/yt]

Chestertonian

Quote from: Pon de Replay on September 19, 2014, 01:46:59 PM
Quote from: Chestertonian on September 19, 2014, 01:32:50 PM
We should start a band called jaynes addiction and sing songs about SD topics

You'd have to sing them in a soft, cloying, cutesy-wispy voice, and have your boppy/sad instrumentations on pianos, acoustic guitars, and ukeleles.  Because you wouldn't be able to imitate the original Jane's Addiction.

i like pianos ukeleles and guitars

but sufjan often performs with quite the orchestra on stage i don't think i have the budget

"I am not much of a Crusader, that is for sure, but at least I am not a Mohamedist!"

Kaesekopf

I am not altogether on anybody's side, because nobody is altogether on my side.  ~Treebeard, LOTR

piabee

Quote from: Kaesekopf on September 21, 2014, 09:13:43 PM
BSB

The best man at my friend's wedding got up on the dais and sang along with this entire song. Every single word of the lyrics. No teleprompter. Every key change.

It was beautiful.

Arun

been thrashing Slipknot's new track The Devil in I lately. won't post video though. waiting for october 21st and the new album release, not bothering with that presale crap... although i could use a new hoodie...

SIT TIBI COPIA
SOT SAPIENCIA
FORMAQUE DETUR
INQUINAT OMNIA SOLA
SUPERBIA SICOMETETUR

Quote from: St.Justin on September 25, 2015, 07:57:25 PM
Never lose Hope... Take a deep breath and have a beer.

Mother Aubert Pray For Us!

vsay ego sudba V rukah Gospodnih

Kaesekopf

Quote from: piabee on September 22, 2014, 01:17:24 AM
Quote from: Kaesekopf on September 21, 2014, 09:13:43 PM
BSB

The best man at my friend's wedding got up on the dais and sang along with this entire song. Every single word of the lyrics. No teleprompter. Every key change.

It was beautiful.
That is amazing.

You have good friends.  Lol

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

LouisIX

Quote from: Arun on September 22, 2014, 05:05:06 AM
been thrashing Slipknot's new track The Devil in I lately. won't post video though. waiting for october 21st and the new album release, not bothering with that presale crap... although i could use a new hoodie...

Interesting lyrics to that song.
IF I speak with the tongues of men, and of angels, and have not charity, I am become as sounding brass, or a tinkling cymbal.

Rose

To Jesus through Mary.

Remember the Holy Souls!

"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.
"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
? J.R.R. Tolkien, The Fellowship of the Ring

Lynne

The bb code here doesn't recognize youtube playlists, only individual videos.  :(
In conclusion, I can leave you with no better advice than that given after every sermon by Msgr Vincent Giammarino, who was pastor of St Michael's Church in Atlantic City in the 1950s:

"My dear good people: Do what you have to do, When you're supposed to do it, The best way you can do it,   For the Love of God. Amen"

Arun

Quote from: LouisIX on September 22, 2014, 11:28:38 AM
Quote from: Arun on September 22, 2014, 05:05:06 AM

Interesting lyrics to that song.

Yeah, between the whole concept behind House of Gold and Bones (stone sour's last effort), the lyrics of Negative One and the lyrics of The Devil In I it kind of builds a picture of some kind of internal change in direction for Corey Taylor or something eh.

SIT TIBI COPIA
SOT SAPIENCIA
FORMAQUE DETUR
INQUINAT OMNIA SOLA
SUPERBIA SICOMETETUR

LouisIX

I really don't know anything about a change in direction.  I don't listen to Slipknot and know very little about them, but I was intrigued by the title so I looked up the lyrics.  It's unclear to me whether he is fighting with a devil or fighting with God, but he is fighting with something.

Do they still wear the masks?
IF I speak with the tongues of men, and of angels, and have not charity, I am become as sounding brass, or a tinkling cymbal.

Arun

yeah they unveil new masks for every album. the ones for the upcoming album aren't as good as the ones from All Hope Is Gone, these new ones seem kind of like they were just whacked together cos they figured they ought to or something.

SIT TIBI COPIA
SOT SAPIENCIA
FORMAQUE DETUR
INQUINAT OMNIA SOLA
SUPERBIA SICOMETETUR

LausTibiChriste

Lord Jesus Christ, Son Of God, Have Mercy On Me A Sinner

"Nobody is under any moral obligation of duty or loyalty to a state run by sexual perverts who are trying to destroy public morals."
- MaximGun

"Not trusting your government doesn't make you a conspiracy theorist, it means you're a history buff"

Communism is as American as Apple Pie