Moderator Announcement

Started by Kaesekopf, October 11, 2016, 02:04:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lynne

Quote from: Greg on October 19, 2016, 11:26:30 AM
The internet.  Privacy, slander, gossip, sex-tapes, all going to have to adjust to the new reality.

You'll never have a supranational law that stops people getting attacked or talked about on-line.  But.....the truth will also get out there as well, sometimes by the day's end.  The speed of response is something that has never existed in human history.

Just like the printing press and universal education fundamentally changed society (look at Arabia to see how), the internet will have an effect as large and change will be permanent.

I don't disagree with what you're saying, it just seemed out of context with a moderator announcement but SD threads always veer off in different directions so...  ::)
In conclusion, I can leave you with no better advice than that given after every sermon by Msgr Vincent Giammarino, who was pastor of St Michael's Church in Atlantic City in the 1950s:

"My dear good people: Do what you have to do, When you're supposed to do it, The best way you can do it,   For the Love of God. Amen"

Chestertonian

Quote from: Lynne on October 19, 2016, 11:32:41 AM
The internet.  Privacy, slander, gossip, sex-tapes, all going to have to adjust to the new reality.

You'll never have a supranational law that stops people getting attacked or talked about on-line.  But.....the truth will also get out there as well, sometimes by the day's end.  The speed of response is something that has never existed in human history.

Just like the printing press and universal education fundamentally changed society (look at Arabia to see how), the internet will have an effect as large and change will be permanent.

I don't disagree with what you're saying, it just seemed out of context with a moderator announcement but SD threads always veer off in different directions so...  ::)
that's why we have moderators
"I am not much of a Crusader, that is for sure, but at least I am not a Mohamedist!"

Lynne

Quote from: Chestertonian on October 19, 2016, 12:00:28 PM
Quote from: Lynne on October 19, 2016, 11:32:41 AM

that's why we have moderators

Ah yes, we've come full circle.  :laugh:
In conclusion, I can leave you with no better advice than that given after every sermon by Msgr Vincent Giammarino, who was pastor of St Michael's Church in Atlantic City in the 1950s:

"My dear good people: Do what you have to do, When you're supposed to do it, The best way you can do it,   For the Love of God. Amen"

Penelope

Quote from: Clarence Creedwater on October 18, 2016, 05:38:44 PM
Quote from: Penelope on October 17, 2016, 11:13:25 PM
Quote from: Clarence Creedwater on October 17, 2016, 05:25:58 AM
Quote from: Penelope on October 16, 2016, 09:40:48 PM
Quote from: Clarence Creedwater on October 15, 2016, 09:18:58 AM
I am talking about what is objectively proper moderating.

Yes, yes, of course you were.

Certainly. I couldn't have known how you mishandled it until you let on to us here.

People need to look at how the Church had strict rules about what was published, and the great care that went into it to make sure error was not spread. A web forum is not a gathering of people in a parlor who speak there minds and it doesn't go further than the walls. Today, a web forum is like a stage where everyone has a turn to go to the microphone, and its heard across the country. It's worse than a newspaper, where a paper at least is read once and then discarded. Here it is permanent, and digitally indexed for the whole world upon keyword search in Google. A heavy responsibility. Now you can see why I wrote what I did.

I already regret my decision.

I believe I understand exactly what you mean, and I believe I know why you are not giving a reason here for your regret.

So glad we're on the same page, then.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Greg

It was a response to Clarence Creedwater
Contentment is knowing that you're right. Happiness is knowing that someone else is wrong.

Michael Wilson

Quote from: Greg on October 19, 2016, 03:22:04 AM
Conclavist is his doppelgänger.  The real Pope Michael of Kansas is being held prisoner in a council flat in Elephant and Castle, London and will be released in 2095 aged 130. He will ride a Shetland pony into Rome and everyone will throw their iPhone 157s at his feet and go back to farming the land.

The Great Nephews Thrice Removed of the Marian Resistance, (not that one, the other one). shortened to the acronym GNTRMR(NTOTOO)PX, will then make a "deal" with Pope Michael and will get the Shetland Pony as their bishop.

Then the comet of Chastisement finally turns up.
Where does Greg come up with these? Great stuff!
"The World Must Conform to Our Lord and not He to it." Rev. Dennis Fahey CSSP

"My brothers, all of you, if you are condemned to see the triumph of evil, never applaud it. Never say to evil: you are good; to decadence: you are progess; to death: you are life. Sanctify yourselves in the times wherein God has placed you; bewail the evils and the disorders which God tolerates; oppose them with the energy of your works and your efforts, your life uncontaminated by error, free from being led astray, in such a way that having lived here below, united with the Spirit of the Lord, you will be admitted to be made but one with Him forever and ever: But he who is joined to the Lord is one in spirit." Cardinal Pie of Potiers

martin88nyc

Quote from: Michael Wilson on October 20, 2016, 08:57:38 AM
Quote from: Greg on October 19, 2016, 03:22:04 AM
Conclavist is his doppelgänger.  The real Pope Michael of Kansas is being held prisoner in a council flat in Elephant and Castle, London and will be released in 2095 aged 130. He will ride a Shetland pony into Rome and everyone will throw their iPhone 157s at his feet and go back to farming the land.

The Great Nephews Thrice Removed of the Marian Resistance, (not that one, the other one). shortened to the acronym GNTRMR(NTOTOO)PX, will then make a "deal" with Pope Michael and will get the Shetland Pony as their bishop.

Then the comet of Chastisement finally turns up.
Where does Greg come up with these? Great stuff!
Right? This reads like a satire script for catholic SNL
"These things I have spoken to you, that in me you may have peace. In the world you shall have distress: but have confidence, I have overcome the world." John 16:33

Greg

A third of a century in Tradom.  I've heard it all.
Contentment is knowing that you're right. Happiness is knowing that someone else is wrong.

Clarence Creedwater

Quote from: Penelope on October 19, 2016, 12:54:03 PM
Quote from: Clarence Creedwater on October 18, 2016, 05:38:44 PM
Quote from: Penelope on October 17, 2016, 11:13:25 PM
Quote from: Clarence Creedwater on October 17, 2016, 05:25:58 AM

Certainly. I couldn't have known how you mishandled it until you let on to us here.

People need to look at how the Church had strict rules about what was published, and the great care that went into it to make sure error was not spread. A web forum is not a gathering of people in a parlor who speak there minds and it doesn't go further than the walls. Today, a web forum is like a stage where everyone has a turn to go to the microphone, and its heard across the country. It's worse than a newspaper, where a paper at least is read once and then discarded. Here it is permanent, and digitally indexed for the whole world upon keyword search in Google. A heavy responsibility. Now you can see why I wrote what I did.

I believe I understand exactly what you mean, and I believe I know why you are not giving a reason here for your regret.

Not necessarily. I said I "believe".
"Now when [the Pope] is explicitly a heretic, he falls ipso facto from his dignity and out of the Church, and the Church must either deprive him, or, as some say, declare him deprived, of his Apostolic See."
        - St. Francis de Sales, "The Catholic Controversy"

"When you start messin' with dat "truth" stuff, yer playin' with fire alright."
        - Kingfish (from Amos & Andy)

dymphna17

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Oh, get on with it already!  Oh, wait Penelope!  He's being coy, "Not necessarily" wink, wink, "I SAID" (how do you know whether I was THINKING what "I SAID" or not) I "believe".  You're turn to lob the phrase!   :doh: :laugh:  We need to get some emojis playing bad mittin or tennis.
?
I adore Thee O Christ, and I bless Thee, because by Thy holy cross Thou hast redeemed the world!

Jesus, Mary, and Joseph save souls!

Of course I wear jeans, "The tornadoes can make dresses immodest." RSC

"Don't waste time in your life trying to get even with your enemies. The grave is a tremendous equalizer. Six weeks after you all are dead, you'll look pretty much the same. Let the Lord take care of those whom you think have harmed you. All you have to do is love and forgive. Try to forget and leave all else to the Master."– Mother Angelica

Clarence Creedwater

Quote from: dymphna17 on October 20, 2016, 04:24:18 PM

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Oh, get on with it already!  Oh, wait Penelope!  He's being coy, "Not necessarily" wink, wink, "I SAID" (how do you know whether I was THINKING what "I SAID" or not) I "believe".  You're turn to lob the phrase!   :doh: :laugh:  We need to get some emojis playing bad mittin or tennis.
[/quote]

It doesn't surprise me to see you be confused with seeing believe and know together in the same sentence. Only P is authoritative on what she regrets. I am not willing to publicize what I believe is in her mind. Best to be straightforward and communicate as much as possible without making a game out of it.

"Now when [the Pope] is explicitly a heretic, he falls ipso facto from his dignity and out of the Church, and the Church must either deprive him, or, as some say, declare him deprived, of his Apostolic See."
        - St. Francis de Sales, "The Catholic Controversy"

"When you start messin' with dat "truth" stuff, yer playin' with fire alright."
        - Kingfish (from Amos & Andy)

Carleendiane

Humor and sarcasm goes right over the head of those who do not employ it.
To board the struggle bus: no whining, board with a smile, a fake one will be found out and put off at next stop, no maps, no directions, going only one way, one destination. Follow all rules and you will arrive. Drop off at pearly gate. Bring nothing.