Traditionis Custodes, Supporting Each Other

Started by CF Mathews, July 22, 2021, 01:52:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

CF Mathews

I am modifying the topic and my original comments (I had suggested that those who have had the Tridentine Mass taken away, fight back by attending their bishop's Mass, kneeling for Communion, etc).  All I really want to say is that we should proceed with prayer and humility, which of course, is what many others are saying.  God calls each of us to our own unique way of handling things, according to our circumstances.  And as one commenter said, it might not be a great idea to "poke a bear."

Even if we are fortunate enough to not have our Mass disrupted, how can we forget our brothers and sisters who are suffering at this time?  I know for a fact that people construct their entire lives around where they can attend the Latin Mass and raise their children...because me and my husband did exactly that, 20 years ago.  Maybe this can be a thread for mutual support and love for us all here who care about this ancient and beautiful Mass.  May Our Blessed Lord and Our Lady be with us!

Miriam_M

Quote from: CF Mathews on July 22, 2021, 01:52:19 PM
I don't know if anyone else has suggested this.  In places where the Mass has been removed, how about we go en masse to the Bishop's own Mass at the diocesan cathedral...with our modest dress, all our kids, mantillas...and KNEEL FOR COMMUNION.  We should do this every week until we get the Mass back!  If they are going to take our Mass, then where do they expect us to go?  WE AND OUR CHILDREN WILL NOT ASSIMILATE!

No quibble with you there.
Just know that lots of Catholics who haven't previously had the TLM available to them have knelt for Communion, worn their mantillas, etc.  It makes the others there uncomfortable sometimes.
Good.

I know that what you are suggesting is something more organized, and that's also fine, but the point is that we should expect trads not to accommodate, ever, or "apologize" in their appearance or behavior. I have argued with a friend who has felt that she needed to "blend in" at N.O. settings. Instead, she should witness.  Enough with the lies.

Philip G.

Quote from: CF Mathews on July 22, 2021, 01:52:19 PM
I don't know if anyone else has suggested this.  In places where the Tridentine Mass has been removed, how about we go en masse to the Bishop's own Mass at the diocesan cathedral...with our modest dress, all our kids, mantillas...and KNEEL FOR COMMUNION.  We should do this every week until we get the Mass back!  If they are going to take our Mass, then where do they expect us to go?  WE AND OUR CHILDREN WILL NOT ASSIMILATE!

It is not recommended to poke a bear.  It is my opinion that a characteristic of modernist governance is a lack of a genuine public liturgical element.  The modernist bishop would put an end to such an approach first thing.  And, he might even punish others that you claim to represent.  It is not advisable in my opinion.  It will just piss the bishop off.

On the flipside, I am perfectly fine with removing all of the diocesan NO bishops with the exception of the Pope from the una cum and going the Lefebvre route.  I have advised this for years.  I even emailed Avrille to see why they insist on retaining the diocesan bishops in the una cum.  Their response to my email was poor to say the least.

The problem is, I know of no Trad bishop doing that or having ever done that.  And, I am not a bishop or a priest.  So, my idea is only an idea.  If we are going to pray for these modernist bishops and acknowledge them in the una cum, they will exercise power over us.  So, let the fifties trads suffer.  That is what is going to occur.
For the stone shall cry out of the wall; and the timber that is between the joints of the building, shall answer.  Woe to him that buildeth a town with blood, and prepareth a city by iniquity. - Habacuc 2,11-12

Michael Wilson

There was some people in Canada a few years ago who the Priest sicked the cops on and had hauled away for kneeling at Communion time.
"The World Must Conform to Our Lord and not He to it." Rev. Dennis Fahey CSSP

"My brothers, all of you, if you are condemned to see the triumph of evil, never applaud it. Never say to evil: you are good; to decadence: you are progess; to death: you are life. Sanctify yourselves in the times wherein God has placed you; bewail the evils and the disorders which God tolerates; oppose them with the energy of your works and your efforts, your life uncontaminated by error, free from being led astray, in such a way that having lived here below, united with the Spirit of the Lord, you will be admitted to be made but one with Him forever and ever: But he who is joined to the Lord is one in spirit." Cardinal Pie of Potiers

queen.saints

Quote from: Miriam_M on July 22, 2021, 01:59:06 PM
Just know that lots of Catholics who haven't previously had the TLM available to them have knelt for Communion, worn their mantillas, etc.  It makes the others there uncomfortable sometimes.
Good.

http://www.eyeofthetiber.com/2017/09/29/study-finds-wearing-mantilla-increases-confession-time-by-2500/

Study Finds Wearing Mantilla Increases Confession Time By 2,500%

I am sorry for the times I have publicly criticized others on this forum, especially traditional Catholic religious, and any other scandalous posts and pray that no one reads or believes these false and ignorant statements.

Philip G.

What does the modernist bishop dislike more?  Does the run of the mill modernist bishop dislikes the solemn high TLM more than a simple low TLM celebrated by a single trad priest, or vice versa? 

On the flipside, what does the traditionalist dislike more?  Does the run of the mill trad cleric or layman, dislike the concelebrated cathedral novus ordo more than the hippie/tranny clown mass, or vice versa? 

As a traditionalist, I will say that I dislike the hippy/tranny/clown mass more.  And, I will take a guess that the run of the mill modernist bishop dislikes the solemn high TLM mass more.  If this turns out to be accurate, with that said, why do trads under Rome insist on favoring the very thing(s) their authority figure dislikes more, when the other option, under the circumstances, is certainly equally pleasing to God?  How shall we respond to Traditionis Custodes?  We can start by not pissing off our counterparts, who in most cases are higher up on the food chain ecclesiastically.  Pope Francis even mentioned the abuses is the novus ordo, and that he is not pleased with that either.  But, those who God loves, he chastises. 

We could probably go down the list of trad practices, and find ourselves and our clerics on the wrong side of this conversation.  But, remember, this principally applies to those who have placed themselves "directly" under the authority of the modernist diocesan bishops. 

For the stone shall cry out of the wall; and the timber that is between the joints of the building, shall answer.  Woe to him that buildeth a town with blood, and prepareth a city by iniquity. - Habacuc 2,11-12

CF Mathews

Thank you for all your comments.  Please note, I have changed my original comments.

CF Mathews

Indeed our Catholic brethren are already suffering.  Let us pray for them and support them.  From Lifesite News: List of bishops already suppressing or tentatively supporting Latin Mass after Pope's new document...

https://www.lifesitenews.com/news/list-of-bishops-already-suppressing-tentatively-supporting-latin-mass-after-popes-attack

Prayerful

Quote from: queen.saints on July 22, 2021, 05:13:21 PM
Quote from: Miriam_M on July 22, 2021, 01:59:06 PM
Good.

http://www.eyeofthetiber.com/2017/09/29/study-finds-wearing-mantilla-increases-confession-time-by-2500/

Study Finds Wearing Mantilla Increases Confession Time By 2,500%

I know it's a joke, but the diocesan traditional Mass priest administrator has a sign on confessionals to keep a confession brief, and it should, as it shows a lack of preparation. Meandering about Pope Francis is not relevant.
Padre Pio: Pray, hope, and don't worry. Worry is useless. God is merciful and will hear your prayer.

Philip G.

There are not too many pro sspx trads who attend a run of the mill novus ordo, but in my case I do, and I have for many years.  What I have found to work spiritually is following the rubrics in the most traditional sense allowed.  That means in my prudential interpretation, making the proper responses in a low voice latin.  My immediate neighbor cannot even comprehend what I am saying/doing.  There are some prayer responses I just ignore, because they are so novel I have no interest.  But, follow the rubrics in the most traditional sense.  Most novus ordo masses/parishioners do not follow their own rubrics.  Few bow when you are to profoundly bow during the creed.  And, very few kneel beyond the bare negligent minimum.  I have done a traditional genuflect at that part of the creed for years.  Both are acceptable in my opinion.  I kneel at the communion, and I do not receive holy communion very often.  I am only required to once per year.  But, when I do, you can guarantee it is on both knees and on the hard marble ground required.  I don't one knee it.  Aside from that, offering a witness of assisting at such a mass to the church is far preferable in my opinion to being a home aloner, which I was for many years, out of fear of being "infected" by the "modernist contagion", like so many trads believe.  Such a fear is a byproduct of your charism/spirituality, which can and needs to be amended in my opinion.  Appropriately shed such a sentiment if you want to save your soul. 

CF Mathews

Quote from: Philip G. on July 25, 2021, 10:13:58 PM
There are not too many pro sspx trads who attend a run of the mill novus ordo, but in my case I do, and I have for many years.  What I have found to work spiritually is following the rubrics in the most traditional sense allowed.  That means in my prudential interpretation, making the proper responses in a low voice latin.  My immediate neighbor cannot even comprehend what I am saying/doing.  There are some prayer responses I just ignore, because they are so novel I have no interest.  But, follow the rubrics in the most traditional sense.  Most novus ordo masses/parishioners do not follow their own rubrics.  Few bow when you are to profoundly bow during the creed.  And, very few kneel beyond the bare negligent minimum.  I have done a traditional genuflect at that part of the creed for years.  Both are acceptable in my opinion.  I kneel at the communion, and I do not receive holy communion very often.  I am only required to once per year.  But, when I do, you can guarantee it is on both knees and on the hard marble ground required.  I don't one knee it.  Aside from that, offering a witness of assisting at such a mass to the church is far preferable in my opinion to being a home aloner, which I was for many years, out of fear of being "infected" by the "modernist contagion", like so many trads believe.  Such a fear is a byproduct of your charism/spirituality, which can and needs to be amended in my opinion.  Appropriately shed such a sentiment if you want to save your soul. 

The last thing many bishops want is us wreaking havoc at the Novus Ordo with all our weird ways and complaints.  They like us where we are.  Francis has them in a bind.