Funny story about my 8 year old James

Started by Greg, March 07, 2024, 02:48:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Greg

James was at Cubs Scouts tonight and was taken to a local protestant (Church of England) Church St. Pauls, where a blue haired female vicar conducted something that James described to me as a "new mass" (kinda accurate since he has never been to a new mass) and distributed the "bread and wine" which James had the sensus catholicus not to participate in.  "It was silly"

I wasn't aware that he was going at all but frankly under the circumstance I would have allowed him to go anyway.

Later they talked to all the Cubs about Christianity, showed the baptismal font where the "vicar" Anthea with blue hair, baptised a Pikachu (Pokemon) puppet in a sort of mock baptism ceremony.

Naturally James knew 100 times more about Christianity than anyone else there, so he asked where their confessionals were, which they had to try to explain, (God just forgives our sins), as well as about "Limbo where aborted babies go" and "which is the least bad part of the 7 levels of Hell". 

"Oh we don't think Limbo exists", said the female vicar.

"How do you know Limbo does not exist?" asked James.  "I don't know, we just believe it does not" she answer.  So where do the aborted babies and stillborn babies go who are not baptised then?  They cannot go to Heaven because if they do then why do you bother baptising people at all?  It says in the bible that only the baptised can be saved and enter Heaven.

She had no answer to that.

I think the female "vicar" had met her match in 8 year old James.  That has to be a once in a lifetime event for her I would think.
Contentment is knowing that you're right. Happiness is knowing that someone else is wrong.

Bernadette

Hope you had a word with the Cub Scouts leader about them trying to indoctrinate your son.
My Lord and my God.

Greg

Contentment is knowing that you're right. Happiness is knowing that someone else is wrong.

Bernadette

Taking him to an Anglican service.
My Lord and my God.

LausTibiChriste

Quotewhere the "vicar" Anthea with blue hair, baptised a Pikachu (Pokemon) puppet in a sort of mock baptism ceremony.

She's going to eat a whole lot of shit one day for that blasphemy. If for nothing else.
Lord Jesus Christ, Son Of God, Have Mercy On Me A Sinner

"Nobody is under any moral obligation of duty or loyalty to a state run by sexual perverts who are trying to destroy public morals."
- MaximGun

"Not trusting your government doesn't make you a conspiracy theorist, it means you're a history buff"

Communism is as American as Apple Pie

Greg

Quote from: Bernadette on March 07, 2024, 03:49:08 PMTaking him to an Anglican service.

It's an Anglican cub scout troop.

There isn't a Catholic one and if there was I wouldn't send him.

Bernadette

Quote from: Greg on March 08, 2024, 02:37:34 AM
Quote from: Bernadette on March 07, 2024, 03:49:08 PMTaking him to an Anglican service.

It's an Anglican cub scout troop.

There isn't a Catholic one and if there was I wouldn't send him.
I see. I thought it was secular.
My Lord and my God.

Greg

Even if it was you could not complain about it.

TradGranny

Quote from: Greg on March 07, 2024, 02:48:31 PMJames was at Cubs Scouts tonight and was taken to a local protestant (Church of England) Church St. Pauls, where a blue haired female vicar conducted something that James described to me as a "new mass" (kinda accurate since he has never been to a new mass) and distributed the "bread and wine" which James had the sensus catholicus not to participate in.  "It was silly"

I wasn't aware that he was going at all but frankly under the circumstance I would have allowed him to go anyway.

Later they talked to all the Cubs about Christianity, showed the baptismal font where the "vicar" Anthea with blue hair, baptised a Pikachu (Pokemon) puppet in a sort of mock baptism ceremony.

Naturally James knew 100 times more about Christianity than anyone else there, so he asked where their confessionals were, which they had to try to explain, (God just forgives our sins), as well as about "Limbo where aborted babies go" and "which is the least bad part of the 7 levels of Hell". 

"Oh we don't think Limbo exists", said the female vicar.

"How do you know Limbo does not exist?" asked James.  "I don't know, we just believe it does not" she answer.  So where do the aborted babies and stillborn babies go who are not baptised then?  They cannot go to Heaven because if they do then why do you bother baptising people at all?  It says in the bible that only the baptised can be saved and enter Heaven.

She had no answer to that.

I think the female "vicar" had met her match in 8 year old James.  That has to be a once in a lifetime event for her I would think.

How wonderful of James to speak the truth!
To have courage for whatever comes in life - everything lies in that.
Saint Teresa of Avila

Greg

Interesting that when I spoke to him afterward and everyone else had gone to get the bread and wine he had a little message inside his head not to.

From what I could make out from talking to him he picked up on the silly irreverence of the protestant service (which he thought was the new mass) and realised that there was something fake and false about the whole thing.  His instinct told him to avoid participating.

TradGranny

Quote from: Greg on March 08, 2024, 04:46:58 PMInteresting that when I spoke to him afterward and everyone else had gone to get the bread and wine he had a little message inside his head not to.

From what I could make out from talking to him he picked up on the silly irreverence of the protestant service (which he thought was the new mass) and realised that there was something fake and false about the whole thing.  His instinct told him to avoid participating.
Maybe it was his Guardian Angel.
To have courage for whatever comes in life - everything lies in that.
Saint Teresa of Avila

Greg

Certainly odd for a kid to refuse to do something when the other cubs scouts are doing it.

Since he thought it was a new mass that is probably the reason.  He has heard me around the dinner table and knows how much I avoid it.

Anyway, he earned his 20 quid pocket money.  Very pleased with him and praised him a lot.