"Getting Out of Dodge"

Started by drummerboy, September 27, 2023, 09:37:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

OzarkCatholic

Quote from: drummerboy on September 28, 2023, 09:40:26 AM
Quote from: OzarkCatholic on September 28, 2023, 07:57:41 AMSpouse had Italian heritage and so would qualify for citizenship.

How far back?  I looked up Czech citizenship, out of curiosity, and your parents or grandparents had to be Czech nationals (so I'm out of luck).

Italian citizenship by descent is possible for individuals who are born to Italian parents, grandparents, great grandparents (there is no upper limit in terms of the number of generations). Italian citizenship through descent can also be granted through the maternal line in the case of those born after January 1st 1948.
Feels like Groundhog Day again.

LausTibiChriste

Quote from: drummerboy on September 28, 2023, 05:13:17 PM
Quote from: Greg on September 27, 2023, 11:59:45 PMI would like to visit Iran.  Very hospitable people.

This reminds of that British TV show years back called "An Idiot Abroad." The hosts (Ricky Gervais) take an English guy (Kyle Pilkington) that hates traveling and stick him in odd situations while traveling the world.

That was a fantastic show. His trip to China was hilarious
Lord Jesus Christ, Son Of God, Have Mercy On Me A Sinner

"Nobody is under any moral obligation of duty or loyalty to a state run by sexual perverts who are trying to destroy public morals."
- MaximGun

"Not trusting your government doesn't make you a conspiracy theorist, it means you're a history buff"

Communism is as American as Apple Pie

drummerboy

Quote from: OzarkCatholic on September 28, 2023, 09:22:24 PM
Quote from: drummerboy on September 28, 2023, 09:40:26 AM
Quote from: OzarkCatholic on September 28, 2023, 07:57:41 AMSpouse had Italian heritage and so would qualify for citizenship.

How far back?  I looked up Czech citizenship, out of curiosity, and your parents or grandparents had to be Czech nationals (so I'm out of luck).

Italian citizenship by descent is possible for individuals who are born to Italian parents, grandparents, great grandparents (there is no upper limit in terms of the number of generations). Italian citizenship through descent can also be granted through the maternal line in the case of those born after January 1st 1948.

Wow.  That's generous
- I'll get with the times when the times are worth getting with

"I like grumpy old cusses.  Hope to live long enough to be one" - John Wayne

LausTibiChriste

They're desperate for people.

My parents were seriously considering the 1EUR flat option they had going on, before Dad kicked the bucket.

"Nobody is under any moral obligation of duty or loyalty to a state run by sexual perverts who are trying to destroy public morals."
- MaximGun

"Not trusting your government doesn't make you a conspiracy theorist, it means you're a history buff"

drummerboy

So alot of English speakers move to Czech Republic and work as English teachers-a chance to put my B.A. to work finally.  Cost of living is affordable.  Beautiful countryside that's hikeable.  Many aspects of their culture are already familiar.  If I was really ambitious I could revert to my mother's maiden name which conveniently has "cek" as a suffix. I doubt their are any TLM's in country but Austria and Germany are nearby, so it'd be an occasional trip.  Biggest leap is the language.

LausTibiChriste

Quote from: drummerboy on September 29, 2023, 08:31:20 PMSo alot of English speakers move to Czech Republic and work as English teachers-a chance to put my B.A. to work finally.  Cost of living is affordable.  Beautiful countryside that's hikeable.  Many aspects of their culture are already familiar.  If I was really ambitious I could revert to my mother's maiden name which conveniently has "cek" as a suffix. I doubt their are any TLM's in country but Austria and Germany are nearby, so it'd be an occasional trip.  Biggest leap is the language.

There is an SSPX priory in Brno, FSSP are in the South (Rimov I think) and there are weekly TLMs in Prague. I know because I visit there often. My wife and I were married in Prague (TLM of course).

Plus there's a massive Eastern Catholic population if you're into that sort of thing.

- MaximGun

ChairmanJoeAintMyPrez

If you have the means, go to the UAE.

If not, consider Africa or Asia.

Or just stay put.
this page left intentionally blank

maryslittlegarden

For a Child is born to us, and a son is given to us, and the government is upon his shoulder: and his name shall be called, Wonderful, Counsellor, God the Mighty, the Father of the world to come, the Prince of Peace

LausTibiChriste

Quote from: maryslittlegarden on October 03, 2023, 10:48:20 AMWell....if I move to Italy, I want this property

https://www.sothebysrealty.com/eng/sales/detail/180-l-86206-l2y3cy/contrada-san-vincenzo-menfi-ag

It has its own chapel.   

Let's get everyone to donate and we can start a SD commune

- MaximGun

Michael Wilson

Very beautiful! I wouldn't mind buying the property, after all what is 8 mill. Euros?
"The World Must Conform to Our Lord and not He to it." Rev. Dennis Fahey CSSP

"My brothers, all of you, if you are condemned to see the triumph of evil, never applaud it. Never say to evil: you are good; to decadence: you are progess; to death: you are life. Sanctify yourselves in the times wherein God has placed you; bewail the evils and the disorders which God tolerates; oppose them with the energy of your works and your efforts, your life uncontaminated by error, free from being led astray, in such a way that having lived here below, united with the Spirit of the Lord, you will be admitted to be made but one with Him forever and ever: But he who is joined to the Lord is one in spirit." Cardinal Pie of Potiers

maryslittlegarden

That is what I call a "Lottery Home."  It would take me at least a couple of big win lottery tickets. 
For a Child is born to us, and a son is given to us, and the government is upon his shoulder: and his name shall be called, Wonderful, Counsellor, God the Mighty, the Father of the world to come, the Prince of Peace

drummerboy

Quote from: maryslittlegarden on October 03, 2023, 10:48:20 AMWell....if I move to Italy, I want this property

https://www.sothebysrealty.com/eng/sales/detail/180-l-86206-l2y3cy/contrada-san-vincenzo-menfi-ag

It has its own chapel.   

Just have to remove the table from the chapel.

I love the blend of Arab and Latin architecture

LausTibiChriste

Quote from: drummerboy on October 05, 2023, 08:23:06 AM

It has its own chapel.   

Just have to remove the table from the chapel.

I love the blend of Arab and Latin architecture

Reminds me a bit of Moorish architecture. Cordoba Cathedral is one of my favourites.

- MaximGun

LausTibiChriste

Quote from: ChairmanJoeAintMyPrez on October 02, 2023, 08:54:15 AMIf you have the means, go to the UAE.

If not, consider Africa or Asia.

Or just stay put.

Why UAE?

- MaximGun

ChairmanJoeAintMyPrez

Quote from: LausTibiChriste on October 05, 2023, 11:17:30 AMWhy UAE?

They have a pretty permissive understanding of their religion's teachings regarding the treatment of unbelievers.

It's one of the most tolerant countries in the world, as long as you're not gay (which is good).

It's also one of the cleanest and safest countries in the world, and the job market is pretty good.
this page left intentionally blank