Russia - phenomenal trip

Started by andy, September 03, 2023, 10:20:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

andy

There is a lot of talk about Russia on this forum. There is a rider who traversed their country recently and reports it on YT "Motorcycle Adventures - Live". Very good channel. Some real life stuff. And this is the piece from Москва

LausTibiChriste

I've wanted to ride a bike across Russia ever since I first saw Long Way 'Round
Lord Jesus Christ, Son Of God, Have Mercy On Me A Sinner

"Nobody is under any moral obligation of duty or loyalty to a state run by sexual perverts who are trying to destroy public morals."
- MaximGun

"Not trusting your government doesn't make you a conspiracy theorist, it means you're a history buff"

Communism is as American as Apple Pie

drummerboy

Someday perhaps I'll make the trip, if we haven't been turned to ash by that point.  Id love to see the Baltic then reach outvwag east to see part of Siberia and the steppes.  For now I'll just work on the language  :-[
- I'll get with the times when the times are worth getting with

"I like grumpy old cusses.  Hope to live long enough to be one" - John Wayne

LausTibiChriste

Quote from: drummerboy on September 04, 2023, 08:32:23 AMSomeday perhaps I'll make the trip, if we haven't been turned to ash by that point.  Id love to see the Baltic then reach outvwag east to see part of Siberia and the steppes.  For now I'll just work on the language  :-[

Вы изучаете русский?

"Nobody is under any moral obligation of duty or loyalty to a state run by sexual perverts who are trying to destroy public morals."
- MaximGun

"Not trusting your government doesn't make you a conspiracy theorist, it means you're a history buff"

andy

I did plan a trip all the way to east part of Asia continent, Russia and Mongolia but per someone's advise had to change my plans. Traversed almost entire USA all the way to Arctic Ocean and back. 10(s)miles on 2 wheels in 4 weeks back in 2019.

I still want to cover a vast part of Asia.

Heinrich

I want to trek from Berlin  :cheeseheadbeer: to Moscow.
Schaff Recht mir Gott und führe meine Sache gegen ein unheiliges Volk . . .   .                          
Lex Orandi, lex credendi, lex vivendi.
"Die Welt sucht nach Ehre, Ansehen, Reichtum, Vergnügen; die Heiligen aber suchen Demütigung, Verachtung, Armut, Abtötung und Buße." --Ausschnitt von der Geschichte des Lebens St. Bennos.

dellery

You'd all end up with depression and lose the motivation to continue the journey and then get conscripted. Would be the funniest thing ever.
Blessed are those who plant trees under whose shade they will never sit.

The closer you get to life the better death will be; the closer you get to death the better life will be.

Nous Defions
St. Phillip Neri, pray for us.

AlNg

Quote from: LausTibiChriste on September 04, 2023, 09:20:30 AMВы изучаете русский?
Хорошо изучать русский язык по книге. Но лучше иметь возможность жить там и учиться, общаясь с другими.

drummerboy

Quote from: LausTibiChriste on September 04, 2023, 09:20:30 AM
Quote from: drummerboy on September 04, 2023, 08:32:23 AMSomeday perhaps I'll make the trip, if we haven't been turned to ash by that point.  Id love to see the Baltic then reach outvwag east to see part of Siberia and the steppes.  For now I'll just work on the language  :-[

Вы изучаете русский?

I'm just struggling my way through the alphabet right now lol

LausTibiChriste

Really? I find it quite easy except for a few characters, just have to make associations

Ч - 'ch' - looks like an upside-down CHair
П - 'p' - looks like the Arc de Triomphe in "P"aris
Л - 'l' - because it trails to the "l"eft

- MaximGun

drummerboy

I think it's associating some of the compound sounds with a letter that's throwing me, English doesn't quite have that.  I can't give examples because my stupid phone won't download the Russian alphabet keypad

Greg

I think if I was young and single again I'd just take a really sexy blonde Russian bird, and a chaperone, maybe her Babushka, to Sochi on the Black Sea for a week and chill on the beach, and put sun tan lotion on her back, eat watermelon and red Caviar, drink vodka straight from the freezer and party at night with mad Russians.

If you've seen one birch tree you've seen them all.  Russia is big, but American geography is 300% better.
Contentment is knowing that you're right. Happiness is knowing that someone else is wrong.