"Limiting God", Michael Voris

Started by Kaesekopf, April 21, 2016, 04:53:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mr. Mysterious

Quote from: Kaesekopf on April 21, 2016, 06:23:12 PM
Quote from: Mr. Mysterious on April 21, 2016, 06:21:47 PM
An interesting thought: if it's true that the Archdiocese of NY was about to publicize his sexual history, how did they find out about it in the first place?

Probably his fag lovers and friends. 

Or, the fags in the hierarchy know the same fags.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

This is probably the most plausible answer given the fact CM was in the forefront of the efforts to blow the lid off of the homosexuality that's embedded in the Archdiocese of NY. They all travel in the same circles and they especially know if Father or Bishop so and so is a homosexual, which emboldens them to say and do the things they do in the world of politics, entertainment, and most devastatingly, the Church.
"Take courage! I have overcome the world." John 16:33

Elizabeth

Quote from: Greg on April 21, 2016, 05:46:49 PM

Isn't it an occasion of sin for someone with such a past to be admired by hundreds of people?  I would have thought it was highly imprudent.
The pink shirts and ties were sort of a clue.

The monsters of the NYC Chancery are proving it to be imprudent.  The homos are the most vindictive creatures on Earth; he would probably know. 

Maybe this unhappy past has to do with the policy of not holding the Bishop of Rome accountable for wrongdoing.  Lingering mental fog?

Irishcyclist

Quote from: Greg on April 21, 2016, 05:28:40 PM
Quote from: Flora on April 21, 2016, 05:27:53 PM
Who says former homosexuals can't teach?

Common sense says it.  You spend 15 years licking other men's butts and penises and you should be disqualified for being mentally unfit.  That's not a single moment of drugged up madness where someone has spiked your drink.  That's seriously mentally FUBAR.

Sin HAS to have temporal consequences too.

Why would you want to listen to Voris or give money to him, over say John Vennari who, as far as anyone knows, is a lifelong faithful Catholic who has never gone near another man's undercarriage or even shagged a whole bunch of women?

I hear you, Greg.

However making this public admission cannot have been easy. In fact, making such a public admission must be humiliating. Think about it.
You or I do something wrong, if we admit our sins chances are that our declaration will only ever be known to family, and at a push some friends.

Imagine what turmoil Voris must have gone through knowing that having recognised and conquered his past life, that the Church would attempt to use that past life against him now.

I can see your reasoning, Greg.

But I can well understand the terror MV felt. I can recognise the courage it take for a public figure to make such a public admission - especially one who had advocated for Catholic lifestyle.

The cynic will say "but he only made that admission because he was going to outed anyway"
Perhaps. But perhaps not.

There is something deeply deeply rotten within the Archdiocese of New York.
It is truly diabolical.
What other people are being blackmailed by the Archdiocese? What other people are literally transfixed with terror by the blackmail.

The Archdiocese of New York's diocesan administrative and clerical structure needs to be destroyed and replaced by a new structure.

Chestertonian

It's also easy to justify all manner of perversions and normalize them, Jayne, out of an utterly false and perverse sense of mercy or charity.

Isn't it?

Why can't a 15 year sodomite just get a regular job in journalism, and quietly go to mass and the sacraments.  Why the need to be a new media celebrity and invite people on his cruises?

Isn't it an occasion of sin for someone with such a past to be admired by hundreds of people?  I would have thought it was highly imprudent.
it is very, very hard for any Catholic worth their salt to survive in the world of journalism.  Not for the faint of heart
"I am not much of a Crusader, that is for sure, but at least I am not a Mohamedist!"

Kaesekopf

As an aside... Someone wanna remind me the predominant ethnicity that runs the Arch of New York?...

:)

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

Wie dein Sonntag, so dein Sterbetag.

I am not altogether on anybody's side, because nobody is altogether on my side.  ~Treebeard, LOTR

Jesus son of David, have mercy on me.

Greg

Cardinal Grocholewski was then asked why a celibate heterosexual can embody a spiritual paternity when a celibate homosexual cannot. He answered:

Because it's not simply a question of observing celibacy as such. In this case, it would be a heterosexual tendency, a normal tendency. In a certain sense, when we ask why Christ reserved the priesthood to men, we speak of this spiritual paternity, and maintain that homosexuality is a type of deviation, a type of irregularity, as explained in two documents of the Congregation for the Doctrine of the Faith. Therefore it is a type of wound in the exercise of the priesthood, in forming relations with others. And precisely for this reason we say that something isn't right in the psyche of such a man. We don't simply talk about the ability to abstain from these kinds of relations.

In short, the reason that even wholly celibate homosexuals are banned from the priesthood is primarily because they are flawed as leaders, or fathers, or for leading and forming relations with other (lay people).  It's a character issue, not some sort of meta-physical problem.

So a 15 year practicing sodomite surely has no more business setting up a public lay apostate that trades on his personality and celebrity than he does becoming a Catholic priest as far as I can see.
Contentment is knowing that you're right. Happiness is knowing that someone else is wrong.

Greg

Quote from: Chestertonian on April 21, 2016, 06:58:04 PM
It's also easy to justify all manner of perversions and normalize them, Jayne, out of an utterly false and perverse sense of mercy or charity.

Isn't it?

Why can't a 15 year sodomite just get a regular job in journalism, and quietly go to mass and the sacraments.  Why the need to be a new media celebrity and invite people on his cruises?

it is very, very hard for any Catholic worth their salt to survive in the world of journalism.  Not for the faint of heart

Get me a violin.  Jeez.

He's a single fit and seemingly physically healthy man.  Lucky not to have AIDS.  Go and retrain as an accountant or lion tamer but don't make videos twirling your pencil around and slagging off Trads who have been going to mass and bringing up their families during those very decades while you've been sodomizing men and shoving C5H11NO2 up their butts.
Contentment is knowing that you're right. Happiness is knowing that someone else is wrong.

Chestertonian

i don't have any reason to think that voris isn't repentant and fully converted back to the faith.  he has a strong record in defending the church's teaching on homosexuality and other things.  I don't always agree with him on everything but I do think his heart is in the right place.  

It doesn't sound like he is asking people to accept his old lifestyle and it doesn't sound like he is painting it in any positive light.

what a testimony to the power of suffering for the good of another and offering it up.  reading stories like this gives me hope for people like my brother who struggle with homosexuality.  it sounds like he was miraculously healed and God worked in his soul to transform him into a "new creation."  If we don't believe in the ability that God can transform people what kind of christians are we?

Should he be teaching other people?  I don't know.  Anyone can post whatever they want on YouTube, it's a free country.  

he did often claim on his show to have insider knowledge about homosexuality in the catholic church.  perhaps this is a "Bella Dodd" kind of story.  Who knows?  wouldnt be surprised if Dolan's henchmen in the ny archdiocese are trying to blackmail him...  If anything he needs prayers.
"I am not much of a Crusader, that is for sure, but at least I am not a Mohamedist!"

Chestertonian

Greg

He's asking for money though.

It is a business with a subscription model.

If you ask for donations to compete in the Olympics that is inappropriate, because you have absolutely no business nor any possibility to compete in the Olympics.  The money needs to go to someone who has the possibility of qualifying for it, and that ain't you.  By Voris gathering $100,000 per year Vennari doesn't get it.

If he wants to post his videos for free I have no problem with that.

I do have a problem with a person representing themselves as a conservative Catholic, slagging off Trads for being disloyal and covering up a HIGHLY sordid past.  St. Paul or St. Augustine publicly repented BEFORE starting their mission.  Personally I think that matters.

dellery

Another infiltrator bites the dust!
Lets wait for the Archdiocese's report before we go believing Voris' efforts at damage control.
Blessed are those who plant trees under whose shade they will never sit.

The closer you get to life the better death will be; the closer you get to death the better life will be.

Nous Defions
St. Phillip Neri, pray for us.

Irishcyclist

I think MV's stance against allowing homosexuals to participate in the St.Patricks Day parade, takes on a different complexion.

Given what he has admitted to, I think his opposition to homosexuals in the St.Patricks Day parade gains even more credibility.

knish

Quote from: Prayerful on April 21, 2016, 06:28:33 PM
Quote from: Mr. Mysterious on April 21, 2016, 06:21:47 PM
An interesting thought: if it's true that the Archdiocese of NY was about to publicize his sexual history, how did they find out about it in the first place?

Another programme of his suggested that the Novus Ordo priesthood is 50% gay. One of them might have known, but surely it would be a matter of hiring a private detective or investigator. I would be more surprised if the archdiocese didn't have a blackmail file to be deployed as needed.
Voris' background is in investigative journalism.
"Everything in this life passes away — only God remains, only He is worth struggling towards. We have a choice: to follow the way of this world, of the society that surrounds us, and thereby find ourselves outside of God; or to choose the way of life, to choose God Who calls us and for Whom our heart is searching."
? Seraphim Rose

Chestertonian

Quote from: Greg on April 21, 2016, 07:18:46 PM

He's asking for money though.

It is a business with a subscription model.

If you ask for donations to compete in the Olympics that is inappropriate, because you have absolutely no business nor any possibility to compete in the Olympics.  The money needs to go to someone who has the possibility of qualifying for it, and that ain't you.  By Voris gathering $100,000 per year Vennari doesn't get it.

If he wants to post his videos for free I have no problem with that.

who are you to say i cant compete in the olympics, dont you know i am transolympian??  who cares if certain "biological determinists" with "MD" after their name write some obscure diagnosis on some silly notepad, if i am an olympic athelete they have to give me the medals and not let silly things like the biological condition of your body determine everthing.  physical ability is socially constructed and has nothing to do with things like actually having muscles, or being ambulatory.  it shouldn't matter if you're built like Michael Phelps or if you have the gross motor ability of a 2 month old, if you're an Olympic gold medalist that's your true self

if you disagree with me you are a horrible bigot who strangles puppies for fun.

Greg

Quote from: Flora on April 21, 2016, 05:45:39 PM
You have a point, but does the Church teach that former homosexuals cannot teach in a lay capacity?

The Church doesn't teach that former child rapists, former death camp commandants, or former HSBC call centre workers cannot teach in a lay capacity either.

One has to use one's common sense in these matters.

The very situation Voris finds himself in NOW, is exactly why people who have secret highly sordid lives should not be public representatives or teachers of Catholicism.  There are plenty of jobs to do in the background.  Make way for someone who kissed a girl behind the bike sheds once or twice.  That ain't going to scandalize anyone.

Please explain the Vatican's new instruction on inter-religious dialogue with the Jews Herr Schmidt?

Vell, in my past I typically told zhem to remove zhair jewelry, gather zhair hair up and pray to vhatever god zhey believed in.

That's hardly a credible way to sell Nostra Aetate is it?  Even if the Nazi is really sorry.

See if you can convince Pope Frank to consider putting a former repentant member of the SS in charge of anything at the Vatican.  After all it is the Year of Mercy after all.

I bet you can't.  Despite the fact the Church does not specifically forbid it.