Suggestion: Group Rosary

Started by Vetus Ordo, November 03, 2017, 02:35:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Vetus Ordo

Quote from: red solo cup on November 11, 2017, 03:04:26 PM
I just tried the Chat function and was not able to access it. It was working this morning.

Refresh the browser. F5.

I tried it just 10 minutes ago and it was working.
DISPOSE OUR DAYS IN THY PEACE, AND COMMAND US TO BE DELIVERED FROM ETERNAL DAMNATION, AND TO BE NUMBERED IN THE FLOCK OF THINE ELECT.

MilesChristi

The world is charged with the grandeur of God.
    It will flame out, like shining from shook foil;
    It gathers to a greatness, like the ooze of oil
Crushed. Why do men then now not reck his rod?
Generations have trod, have trod, have trod;
    And all is seared with trade; bleared, smeared with toil;
    And wears man's smudge and shares man's smell: the soil
Is bare now, nor can foot feel, being shod.

And for all this, nature is never spent;
    There lives the dearest freshness deep down things;
And though the last lights off the black West went
    Oh, morning, at the brown brink eastward, springs —
Because the Holy Ghost over the bent
    World broods with warm breast and with ah! bright wings.

Vetus Ordo

Okay, we're starting the experiment now.

Anyone who's online, feel free to join.
DISPOSE OUR DAYS IN THY PEACE, AND COMMAND US TO BE DELIVERED FROM ETERNAL DAMNATION, AND TO BE NUMBERED IN THE FLOCK OF THINE ELECT.

Vetus Ordo

There were 6 people in our first SD Group Rosary.

I think the format worked pretty well. It was smooth. Let's hope we can continue this joint prayer for the foreseeable future.

I'll submit the definite format so Käsekopf can make it a sticky.

Vetus Ordo

Here's the simple format I submit to you to be adopted for this group rosary. It is to be made into a sticky thread for the benefit of all wishing to consult the order of the prayers. As Dymphna suggested earlier, the person leading the prayer (V.) types the first and last words of the prayer he's saying, highlighted in maroon, except for the sign of the cross, the naming of the intention, the enunciation of the mystery at the beginning of each decade and the final prayer which will be typed in full. The second person (R.) will do the same. It is desirable that the person leading is a male whenever possible. The prayers will be divided in half so it won't be as monotonous for those following it on the screen. For instance, in any given "Hail Mary", it will look like this on the chat log:

QuoteV. Ave. (...) Jesus.
R. Sancta. (...) Amen.

The Group Rosary will take place in the forum chat every Saturday evening at 8PM and 10PM (Forum Default Time - Eastern Time). Those who voted for the 8PM time slot will gather at that time to pray the Rosary together and those who voted for the 10PM time slot will, naturally, gather at that respective hour. Of course, everyone is free to join at any of those hours, praying both Rosaries if deemed spiritually convenient. The minimum people required for any Group Rosary is two: one to lead and another one to type the responses. In order to fulfill the minimum required, a toleration of 5 to 10 minutes maximum shall be given so that everyone can join in.

PRAYER FORMAT FOR THE GROUP ROSARY:

QuoteINITIUM:

V. Domine, tibi offerimus per intercessionem Beatæ Mariæ semper Virginis, matris nostræ, hoc rosarium ad exaltationem sanctæ matris Ecclesiæ, ad conversionem peccatorum et ad intentiones sanctificationemque hujus fori membrorum.

Ad crucem:

V. In nomine Patris, et Filii, et Spiritus Sancti.
R. Amen.

V. Credo in Deum Patrem omnipotentem, Creatorem cæli et terræ. Et in Jesum Christum, Filium ejus unicum, Dominum nostrum, qui conceptus est de Spiritu Sancto, natus ex Maria Virgine, passus sub Pontio Pilato, crucifixus, mortuus, et sepultus, descendit ad inferos, tertia die resurrexit a mortuis, ascendit ad cælos, sedet ad dexteram Dei Patris omnipotentis, inde venturus est judicare vivos et mortuos. Credo in Spiritum Sanctum, sanctam Ecclesiam catholicam, sanctorum communionem, remissionem peccatorum, carnis resurrectionem, vitam æternam.
R. Amen.

Ad granum majus:

V. Pater noster qui es in cælis, sanctificetur nomen tuum. Adveniat regnum tuum. Fiat voluntas tua, sicut in cælo et in terra.
R. Panem nostrum quotidianum da nobis hodie, et dimitte nobis debita nostra sicut et nos dimittimus debitoribus nostris. Et ne nos inducas in tentationem, sed libera nos a malo. Amen.

Ad tria grana minora:

V. Ave Maria gratia plena, Dominus tecum. Benedicta tu in mulieribus, et benedictus fructus ventris tui, Jesus.
R. Sancta Maria, Mater Dei, ora pro nobis peccatoribus, nunc, et in hora mortis nostræ. Amen.

DECAS PRIMA:

V. Primum mysterium gloriosum: Qui resurrexit a mortuis. In Septuagesima et Quadragesima: Primum mysterium dolorosum: Qui pro nobis sanguinem sudavit.

Ad granum majus: Pater noster.
Ad decem grana minora: Ave Maria.

V. Gloria Patri, et Filio, et Spiritui Sancto.
R. Sicut erat in principio, et nunc, et semper, et in saecula saeculorum. Amen.
V. O Maria sine labe concepta.
R. Ora pro nobis, qui ad te confugimus.
V. O mi Jesu, dimitte nobis debita nostra, libera nos ab igne inferni.
R. Conduc in caelum omnes animas, praesertim illas quae maxime indigent misericordia tua.

DECAS SECUNDA:

V. Secundum mysterium gloriosum: Qui in cælum ascendit. In Septuagesima et Quadragesima: Secundum mysterium dolorosum: Qui pro nobis flagellatus est.

(Idem)

DECAS TERTIA:

V. Tertium mysterium gloriosum: Qui Spiritum Sanctum misit. In Septuagesima et Quadragesima: Tertium mysterium dolorosum: Qui pro nobis spinis coronatus est.

(Idem)

DECAS QUARTA:

V. Quartum mysterium gloriosum: Qui te assumpsit. In Septuagesima et Quadragesima: Quartum mysterium dolorosum: Qui pro nobis crucem bajulavit.

(Idem)

DECAS QUINTA:

V. Quintum mysterium gloriosum: Qui te in cælis coronavit. In Septuagesima et Quadragesima: Quintum mysterium dolorosum: Qui pro nobis crucifixus est.

(Idem)

ORATIONES AD FINEM ROSARII DICENDÆ:

Ad tria grana minora in honorem castitatis Beatæ Mariæ semper Virginis:

V. Ave Maria gratia plena, Dominus tecum. Benedicta tu in mulieribus, et benedictus fructus ventris tui, Jesus.
R. Sancta Maria, Mater Dei, ora pro nobis peccatoribus, nunc, et in hora mortis nostræ. Amen.

Ad granum majus:

V. Salve Regina, mater misericordiæ, vita, dulcedo, et spes nostra, salve. Ad te clamamus exsules filii Hevæ. Ad te suspiramus, gementes et flentes in hac lacrimarum valle. Eia, ergo, advocata nostra, illos tuos misericordes oculos ad nos converte. Et Jesum, benedictum fructum ventris tui, nobis post hoc exsilium ostende. O clemens, O pia, O dulcis Virgo Maria.
R. Amen.
V. Ora pro nobis, sancta Dei Genetrix.
R. Ut digni efficiamur promissionibus Christi.

V. Oremus. Deus, cujus Unigenitus per vitam, mortem et resurrectionem suam nobis salutis æternæ præmia comparavit, concede, quæsumus: ut hæc mysteria sacratissimo beatæ Mariæ Virginis Rosario recolentes, et imitemur quod continent, et quod promittunt assequamur. Per eundem Christum Dominum nostrum.
R. Amen.

Ad crucem:

V. In nomine Patris, et Filii, et Spiritus Sancti.
R. Amen.

Chestertonian

my son likes to pray one extra hail mary for priests
"I am not much of a Crusader, that is for sure, but at least I am not a Mohamedist!"

Vetus Ordo

Quote from: Chestertonian on November 11, 2017, 08:15:26 PM
my son likes to pray one extra hail mary for priests

In this format, we pray 3 extra Hail Maries after the final decade in honor of the purity of the Blessed Virgin.

Jacob

I'm sorry I didn't make it.  Checking back to the time proposed, I see I counted the wrong way.  How I did that, I do not know.  Once upon a time, i was involved in an online game that required constant time zone calculation because the game included folks from all over the US and Europe.  I am so out of practice.
"Arguing with anonymous strangers on the Internet is a sucker's game because they almost always turn out to be—or to be indistinguishable from—self-righteous sixteen-year-olds possessing infinite amounts of free time."
--Neal Stephenson

Non Nobis

I missed it too.  I'll confess, I wasn't keeping track of this thread very well.

Thank you Vetus for having it both at 8 and 10. 8 would have been a little awkward for me. 10 I should be should be able to make next time.

Thank you so much for putting this together, Vetus. Your format is beautiful.
[Matthew 8:26]  And Jesus saith to them: Why are you fearful, O ye of little faith? Then rising up he commanded the winds, and the sea, and there came a great calm.

[Job  38:1-5]  Then the Lord answered Job out of a whirlwind, and said: [2] Who is this that wrappeth up sentences in unskillful words? [3] Gird up thy loins like a man: I will ask thee, and answer thou me. [4] Where wast thou when I laid up the foundations of the earth? tell me if thou hast understanding. [5] Who hath laid the measures thereof, if thou knowest? or who hath stretched the line upon it?

Jesus, Mary, I love Thee! Save souls!

Jayne

I liked participating in this very much.  I think I will be able to be more prayerful if I print out a hard copy of the prayers.  I was a bit distracted by switching back and forth between the chat window and the one with the prayers.  (There may be a tech fix for this, but either I don't know it or my laptop does not support it.) I am mentioning this is case anyone else might find it helpful.

My thanks to all involved in organizing this and in leading last night's prayers, especially Vetus Ordo.
Jesus, meek and humble of heart, make my heart like unto Thine.

mikemac

Quote from: Jayne on November 12, 2017, 04:58:49 AM
I liked participating in this very much.  I think I will be able to be more prayerful if I print out a hard copy of the prayers.  I was a bit distracted by switching back and forth between the chat window and the one with the prayers.  (There may be a tech fix for this, but either I don't know it or my laptop does not support it.) I am mentioning this is case anyone else might find it helpful.

My thanks to all involved in organizing this and in leading last night's prayers, especially Vetus Ordo.

I just checked to see if I was able to open the chat room in a new window (not new tab) while looking at the list of prayers.  I was able to view the prayers in one window on the left by making it only half the screen and by doing the same for the chat room on the right.  This would work if you didn't want to print off a hard copy.
Like John Vennari (RIP) said "Why not just do it?  What would it hurt?"
Consecrate Russia to the Immaculate Heart of Mary (PETITION)
https://lifepetitions.com/petition/consecrate-russia-to-the-immaculate-heart-of-mary-petition

"We would be mistaken to think that Fatima's prophetic mission is complete." Benedict XVI May 13, 2010

"Tell people that God gives graces through the Immaculate Heart of Mary.  Tell them also to pray to the Immaculate Heart of Mary for peace, since God has entrusted it to Her." Saint Jacinta Marto

The real nature of hope is "despair, overcome."
Source

Jacob

I was a bit distracted by switching back and forth between the chat window and the one with the prayers.  (There may be a tech fix for this, but either I don't know it or my laptop does not support it.) I am mentioning this is case anyone else might find it helpful.

Are you able to open two separate browser windows and then move/resize them so they are side by side?
"Arguing with anonymous strangers on the Internet is a sucker's game because they almost always turn out to be—or to be indistinguishable from—self-righteous sixteen-year-olds possessing infinite amounts of free time."
--Neal Stephenson

Jayne

Quote from: Jacob on November 12, 2017, 09:47:17 AM
I was a bit distracted by switching back and forth between the chat window and the one with the prayers.  (There may be a tech fix for this, but either I don't know it or my laptop does not support it.) I am mentioning this is case anyone else might find it helpful.

Are you able to open two separate browser windows and then move/resize them so they are side by side?

I don't think so.  I would rather have a paper copy anyhow.  But thanks for the suggestion.  It may help someone else.
Jesus, meek and humble of heart, make my heart like unto Thine.

Vetus Ordo

Can the prayer format be made into a sticky thread?

Kaesekopf

Wie dein Sonntag, so dein Sterbetag.

I am not altogether on anybody's side, because nobody is altogether on my side.  ~Treebeard, LOTR

Jesus son of David, have mercy on me.