Last movie you saw?

Started by tmw89, December 27, 2012, 03:03:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hector, Tamer of Horses

I saw Wait Until Dark this weekend on TCM.  Very good.  Pretty creepy for 1967.
"The world is not yet exhausted: let me see something to-morrow which I never saw before."

-Dr. Johnson, Rasselas

Archer

"All the good works in the world are not equal to the Holy Sacrifice of the Mass because they are the works of men; but the Mass is the work of God. Martyrdom is nothing in comparison for it is but the sacrifice of man to God; but the Mass is the sacrifice of God for man." - St. John Vianney

Michael Wilson

Quote from: Archer on May 07, 2014, 08:47:28 AM

I've never read any of the Bronte Sisters' books, but I just started "Sense and Sensibility", and I find that I have to keep a book mark with a description of the characters, to keep them all straight.
"The World Must Conform to Our Lord and not He to it." Rev. Dennis Fahey CSSP

"My brothers, all of you, if you are condemned to see the triumph of evil, never applaud it. Never say to evil: you are good; to decadence: you are progess; to death: you are life. Sanctify yourselves in the times wherein God has placed you; bewail the evils and the disorders which God tolerates; oppose them with the energy of your works and your efforts, your life uncontaminated by error, free from being led astray, in such a way that having lived here below, united with the Spirit of the Lord, you will be admitted to be made but one with Him forever and ever: But he who is joined to the Lord is one in spirit." Cardinal Pie of Potiers

piabee

Quote from: Michael Wilson on May 07, 2014, 03:46:00 PM
I've never read any of the Bronte Sisters' books, but I just started "Sense and Sensibility", and I find that I have to keep a book mark with a description of the characters, to keep them all straight.

"Sense and Sensibility" is Austen, not Brontë.

Michael Wilson

Quote from: piabee on May 07, 2014, 04:07:02 PM

"Sense and Sensibility" is Austen, not Brontë.
Har! I can then say that I haven't read anything by the Bronte Sisters, even when I finish "Sense and Sensibility" (if I get through it).

"My brothers, all of you, if you are condemned to see the triumph of evil, never applaud it. Never say to evil: you are good; to decadence: you are progess; to death: you are life. Sanctify yourselves in the times wherein God has placed you; bewail the evils and the disorders which God tolerates; oppose them with the energy of your works and your efforts, your life uncontaminated by error, free from being led astray, in such a way that having lived here below, united with the Spirit of the Lord, you will be admitted to be made but one with Him forever and ever: But he who is joined to the Lord is one in spirit." Cardinal Pie of Potiers

Archer

LoL. Yes Pride and Prejudice and Sense and Sensibility are both Austen. Ive never read S&S but I have read P&P which was excellent. This version of the movie is the best. Collin Firth is fantastic as Mr. Darcy.
"All the good works in the world are not equal to the Holy Sacrifice of the Mass because they are the works of men; but the Mass is the work of God. Martyrdom is nothing in comparison for it is but the sacrifice of man to God; but the Mass is the sacrifice of God for man." - St. John Vianney

Michael Wilson

Quote from: Archer on May 07, 2014, 04:48:12 PM

LoL. Yes Pride and Prejudice and Sense and Sensibility are both Austen. Ive never read S&S but I have read P&P which was excellent. This version of the movie is the best. Collin Firth is fantastic as Mr. Darcy.
Thanks Archer; my sister is a big big fan of both Austen and the Bronte sisters. Her two all time favorites are "Pride and Prejudice" and "Emma".

Arun

i think i saw that once with the missus. keira knightley was in it. thats about all i remember about it. i think i might of fallen asleep...

SIT TIBI COPIA
SOT SAPIENCIA
FORMAQUE DETUR
INQUINAT OMNIA SOLA
SUPERBIA SICOMETETUR

Quote from: St.Justin on September 25, 2015, 07:57:25 PM
Never lose Hope... Take a deep breath and have a beer.

Mother Aubert Pray For Us!

vsay ego sudba V rukah Gospodnih

red solo cup

The New World with Colin Farrell. Very disappointing.
non impediti ratione cogitationis

Older Salt

Quote from: red solo cup on May 09, 2014, 05:36:34 AM
Malick "films" usually are.

Especially that self indulgent hogwash with Brad Pitt he made a couple of years ago.
Stay away from the near occasion of sin

Unless one is deeply attached to the Blessed Virgin Mary, now in time, it impossible to attain salvation.

Kaesekopf

That is such a long p&p. 

Only a little over half into it   oy.

But ... Mr darcy!  Oooh.

:lol:
Wie dein Sonntag, so dein Sterbetag.

I am not altogether on anybody's side, because nobody is altogether on my side.  ~Treebeard, LOTR

Jesus son of David, have mercy on me.

Arun

Quote from: red solo cup on May 09, 2014, 05:36:34 AM

yeah that movie sucked harder than a kirby

SIT TIBI COPIA
SOT SAPIENCIA
FORMAQUE DETUR
INQUINAT OMNIA SOLA
SUPERBIA SICOMETETUR

Larry

"At the evening of life, we shall be judged on our love."-St. John of the Cross

Arun

Case 39. it was alright.

SIT TIBI COPIA
SOT SAPIENCIA
FORMAQUE DETUR
INQUINAT OMNIA SOLA
SUPERBIA SICOMETETUR

Archer