Despite Rorate spin, half of Synod reports are open to Communion for remarried?

Started by 1seeker, October 17, 2014, 10:48:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

1seeker

http://rorate-caeli.blogspot.com/2014/10/blue-thursday-orthodox-counter.html
This left me scratching my head. This has exultation a-plenty, but what we need is not emotion but action. No less than an equally mighty anti-Relatio, just to bring things back to the status quo.

In the midst of Rorate's (rightful!) exultstion in the bishops' revolt against the Synod leaders, this little tidbit goes unnoticed:

Quote... Those who open up to it (fewer than half of the ten groups) ...

Couldn't the Synod then come out and say, well half of our reports don't mind communion for remarried, plus the Pope, plus this isn't a democracy, so...

Larry

Quote from: 1seeker on October 17, 2014, 10:48:18 AM
This left me scratching my head. This has exultation a-plenty, but what we need is not emotion but action. No less than an equally mighty anti-Relatio, just to bring things back to the status quo.

In the midst of Rorate's (rightful!) exultstion in the bishops' revolt against the Synod leaders, this little tidbit goes unnoticed:

Couldn't the Synod then come out and say, well half of our reports don't mind communion for remarried, plus the Pope, plus this isn't a democracy, so...

It really all depends on Francis. We know where his sympathies lie, but will he go against the will of the Bishops? After this fiasco, I think it may be time for him to resign.
"At the evening of life, we shall be judged on our love."-St. John of the Cross

Thurifer

So why is a blog spinning the truth do you think?
Pray for me.

VeraeFidei

Quote from: Thurifer on October 17, 2014, 02:48:58 PM

Because Rorate is firmly committed to the indult/Summorum position.

1seeker

Because perception defines reality. The modernists are playing that game, and now so is Rorate. Fr. Z is notorious for doing this as well. Notice the emotionally charged words they used over the recent months: Cardinals' pro-marriage book "destroyed" Kasper; bishops' timid revolt "demolished" the Relatio. The Pope is "defeated".

Meanwhile ~50% of the Minor Reports are for communion for the remarried, giving the Pope cover even when he didn't need it (we aren't a democracy). As soon as Forte waved the potential of accepting gay marriage, we are happy if only Communion for Remarried goes through.

I find it to be a sharp contrast to Verrochio's blog where even on happy days he thunders anathemas and clouds. Or The Remnant, who yesterday (the happy victory of the Bishops Revolt), commented with a grim dark video entitled "The Synod From Hell."

Indultarians love the Perception Defines Reality mantra, the "brick by brick" movement. The "biological solution". Old modernists "will all die from old age". Meanwhile Forte, the heinous villain, is young and fresh. Bishop Bonny in Europe is young and fresh. Cupich is now archbishop in Chicago.

Prayerful

I would not be surprised that around 50% of the Minor reports are modernist in stance. Pope Benedict XVI might have been kinder to tradition, but he was a modernist who oft made modernist appointments. The passage of time and sheer corruption of so many seminaries, means a faithful priest remains part of a minority. Modernists who are mindful of the need to trim to the winds of Church politics, seem to find it easier in many places. English bishops uttered not a word of criticism of the marriage wrecker Conry. Cardinal Kasper claimed a majority for his positions. He exaggerated, but he does not utterly falsify. The liberal bishop is the mainstream establishment bishop in the prosperous northern hemisphere. Pope Francis will have seen he pushed too hard against Christian family ethics and life. He will try again having prepared his ground more carefully.
Padre Pio: Pray, hope, and don't worry. Worry is useless. God is merciful and will hear your prayer.

Thurifer

Great answer!

Quote from: 1seeker on October 17, 2014, 05:00:51 PM

Because perception defines reality. The modernists are playing that game, and now so is Rorate. Fr. Z is notorious for doing this as well. Notice the emotionally charged words they used over the recent months: Cardinals' pro-marriage book "destroyed" Kasper; bishops' timid revolt "demolished" the Relatio. The Pope is "defeated".

Meanwhile ~50% of the Minor Reports are for communion for the remarried, giving the Pope cover even when he didn't need it (we aren't a democracy). As soon as Forte waved the potential of accepting gay marriage, we are happy if only Communion for Remarried goes through.

I find it to be a sharp contrast to Verrochio's blog where even on happy days he thunders anathemas and clouds. Or The Remnant, who yesterday (the happy victory of the Bishops Revolt), commented with a grim dark video entitled "The Synod From Hell."

Indultarians love the Perception Defines Reality mantra, the "brick by brick" movement. The "biological solution". Old modernists "will all die from old age". Meanwhile Forte, the heinous villain, is young and fresh. Bishop Bonny in Europe is young and fresh. Cupich is now archbishop in Chicago.
Pray for me.