Old Sewing Machine Question

Started by red solo cup, August 08, 2017, 07:50:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

red solo cup

The wife picked up an old Adler sewing machine for free and I'm trying to refurbish it for her. It's a Adler Belvedere with a plate that says Deluxe Family Sewing Machine made in Japan. It appears to be circa 1950's or '60s. It needs a new drive belt but I can't find numbers on the machine that correspond to any model numbers I've found online. Could someone point me in the right direction?
non impediti ratione cogitationis

Gardener

Is there *any* model info?

Post all numbers/info shown on machine.
"If anyone does not wish to have Mary Immaculate for his Mother, he will not have Christ for his Brother." - St. Maximilian Kolbe

red solo cup

There is a J-C9 which is part of the cast body of the machine. There's what looks like a blank plate where numbers were punched after casting J-A23  and below H 12/36980. I know that JC and JA indicate the machine was made in Japan. Some of them were made under the Adler patent but
some are Japanese clones/knockoffs. Too make them look real they would sometimes add a label saying Belvedere or Deluxe. Even the clones are well made and still run great. Another thing that makes me suspicious is this picture that is a dead ringer even down to the foot pedal.
http://www.ebay.com/itm/VINTAGE-1960s-Sewing-Machine-Riccar-Model-w-Belvedere-Motor-STILL-RUNS-/172807570125?hash=item283c2242cd:g:JhEAAOSwBPNXSL41
Pretty sure this isn't an Adler.
non impediti ratione cogitationis