Last movie you saw?

Started by tmw89, December 27, 2012, 03:03:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Der Kaiser

"If a Pope changes the rites of the sacraments he puts himself outside the Church and is Anathema"-Pope Innocent III

"Rome will lose the faith and become the seat of Anti-Christ"-Our Lady of La Sallette

The hebrews have not recognized the lord, therefore we can not recognize the hebrews.-St Pius X

Der Kaiser

Quote from: Heinrich on July 01, 2013, 08:53:21 PM
If 20 minutes count as watching a movie, it was Skyfall. 20 painful minutes.

WOW! We are two very different people. Besides the Connery ones it was my favorite Bond. I went to it twice. I haven't gone to a movie more than once since The Passion of the Christ. What didn't you like about it?
"If a Pope changes the rites of the sacraments he puts himself outside the Church and is Anathema"-Pope Innocent III

"Rome will lose the faith and become the seat of Anti-Christ"-Our Lady of La Sallette

The hebrews have not recognized the lord, therefore we can not recognize the hebrews.-St Pius X

Heinrich

Quote from: Der Kaiser on July 02, 2013, 05:17:55 AM

WOW! We are two very different people. Besides the Connery ones it was my favorite Bond. I went to it twice. I haven't gone to a movie more than once since The Passion of the Christ. What didn't you like about it?

Yes, we are I guess. I find car chases at the beginning of a movie uncreative, among other things that are modernistic and cliched.
Schaff Recht mir Gott und führe meine Sache gegen ein unheiliges Volk . . .   .                          
Lex Orandi, lex credendi, lex vivendi.
"Die Welt sucht nach Ehre, Ansehen, Reichtum, Vergnügen; die Heiligen aber suchen Demütigung, Verachtung, Armut, Abtötung und Buße." --Ausschnitt von der Geschichte des Lebens St. Bennos.

Larry

I liked SKYFALL too when I saw it at the movies. When I rewatched it on Blu-ray recently, I didn't like it as much, though it was still pretty good. My favorite Bond movies are still FROM RUSSIA WITH LOVE and ON HER MAJESTY'S SECRET SERVICE.
"At the evening of life, we shall be judged on our love."-St. John of the Cross

stmykearchangel

Breaking Away, This movie is one of my all time favs watched it amazon video last night.
The character of Kings is sacred; their persons are inviolable; they are the anointed of the Lord, if not with sacred oil, at least by virtue of their office. Their power is broad---based upon the Will of God, and not on the shifting sands of the people's will...They will be spoken of with becoming reverence, instead of being in public estimation fitting butts for all foul tongues. It becomes a sacrilege to violate their persons, and every indignity offered to them in word or act, becomes an indignity offered to God Himself. It is this view of Kingly rule that alone can keep alive in a scoffing and licentious age the spirit of ancient loyalty, that spirit begotten of faith, combining in itself obedience, reverence, and love for the majesty of kings which was at once a bond of social union, an incentive to noble daring, and a salt to purify the heart from its grosser tendencies, preserving it from all that is mean, selfish, and contemptible. (P.J. Joyce, John Healy, pp. 68-69).

Larry

JAWS on Blu-ray. The perfect movie for 4th of July weekend.  ;)

piabee

Der Kaiser

Quote from: piabee on July 05, 2013, 04:05:51 PM
World War Z

Was that any good? Personally I am sick of this whole zombie craze, but that one looked intriguing.

piabee

It had a few new angles. But I like zombie movies so I'm biased. We saw it at Alamo Drafthouse, after Hopdoddy's. You know a place is good when you order the black bean burger and you don't miss meat.

Patriarch

Sorry, but I hated Cloud Atlas the who reincarnation bit just irked me too much. Skyfall just had an awful, lack-lustre villian who was NOT up to par at all!

Regarding Bond films, my favourites are the ones with Sean Connery as Bond.

Last movie that I saw: 'Murder by Decree', a Sherlock Holmes film. A good one.
Have mercy upon me, O God, according to Thy great mercy . . . "
— Psalm 50, 3.

rowsofvoices9

The Bicycle Thief.  Made in post war WW11 Italy using ordinary people as actors and considered one the top 100 films of all time.

Lyubov

Quote from: rowsofvoices9 on July 06, 2013, 10:20:00 PM
The Bicycle Thief.  Made in post war WW11 Italy using ordinary people as actors and considered one the top 100 films of all time.

How did you like it?

The ending [spoiler]depressed me![/spoiler]
??? ?? ??? ????????
?? ??? ?????? ?????.

Heinrich

Quote from: stmykearchangel on July 04, 2013, 04:50:01 AM
Breaking Away, This movie is one of my all time favs watched it amazon video last night.

I used to work with the man whose story was told in this. He was an Episcopalian, but was always talking about becoming Catholic. I wonder if he ever did.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dave_Blase
http://www.nuvo.net/indianapolis/blase-of-breaking-away-glory/Content?oid=1276289#.Udjz1fm87oI

Schaff Recht mir Gott und führe meine Sache gegen ein unheiliges Volk . . .   .                          
Lex Orandi, lex credendi, lex vivendi.
"Die Welt sucht nach Ehre, Ansehen, Reichtum, Vergnügen; die Heiligen aber suchen Demütigung, Verachtung, Armut, Abtötung und Buße." --Ausschnitt von der Geschichte des Lebens St. Bennos.

voxxpopulisuxx

Quote from: Heinrich on July 02, 2013, 09:53:44 AM
Quote from: Der Kaiser on July 02, 2013, 05:17:55 AM

Yes, we are I guess. I find car chases at the beginning of a movie uncreative, among other things that are modernistic and cliched.
The Villian was a homo hacker with dentures...and Bond flirts with him convincingly (hinting a deliberate queer bias in the franchise tocome)...further Lady Dench's character  is soo unsympathetic I couldnt care less if the villian offed her.
Lord Jesus Christ Most High Son of God have Mercy On Me a Sinner (Jesus Prayer)

"You can never cross the ocean until you have the courage to lose sight of the shore." – Christopher Columbus
911!
"Let my name stand among those who are willing to bear ridicule and reproach for the truth's sake, and so earn some right to rejoice when the victory is won. "— Louisa May Alcott

"From man's sweat and God's love, beer came into the world."St. Arnold (580-640)

Geocentrism holds no possible atheistic downside.

Larry

Quote from: Lyubov on July 06, 2013, 10:31:12 PM
Quote from: rowsofvoices9 on July 06, 2013, 10:20:00 PM

How did you like it?

The ending [spoiler]depressed me![/spoiler]

I agree about the ending, but what a great movie The Bicycle Thief is! It really is a great commentary on the human condition.